Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » New Gatch film
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New Gatch film
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
New Gatch film Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Another topic we lost was the discussion and links to information on the new Gatch film.

Should we at least repost the links?

No new posts 12-07-2006 18:20 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Lux Lux is a Female

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-12-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is a link I saved in my bookmarks. Unfortunately I don't remember if there are others.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060609c.php

No new posts 12-07-2006 21:07 Lux is offline Send an Email to Lux Homepage of Lux Search for Posts by Lux Add Lux to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh yes there were two threads about this wasnt there. Smokescreen

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 13-07-2006 15:01 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

They were about the same film as well.

No new posts 13-07-2006 18:31 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Good news deserves extra broadcasting?

No new posts 14-07-2006 06:50 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Still keeping my fingers crossed that they make it!!!!!! Kinda makes it hard to type but I'll get by!

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 14-07-2006 20:17 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
gatch72 gatch72 is a Male
Honoured Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-07-2004

spacer

I just hope they dub the original Gatchaman Movie

No new posts 14-07-2006 22:46 gatch72 is offline Homepage of gatch72 Search for Posts by gatch72 Add gatch72 to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: zoltarkatse@hotmail.com
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

Right? I'd really like to see it. Of course, this is adding another "We announced it early, but there's this really cool movie based on one of your favorite childhood entertainment movies coming out in a few years," film.

Brian Froud is working on Dark Crystal 2, there's a CG/live-action version of The Last Unicorn coming out, and, of course, the Gatch film. I think they're all slated for 2008. >_< Phooey.

No new posts 15-07-2006 03:23 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Dark Crsytal 2. Interesting. DI hope they use the Henson Workshop again. Also, The Last Unicorn? Remind of me of that one again. I think I may have seen it but can't remember. Long, long time ago.

No new posts 15-07-2006 14:30 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I still think that they are better off doing more than 1 Gatchaman/BOTP film as they can carry on the story into 2 movies and not just ruin it by cutting it into just 1 film which lasts about 1 hour 30 mins to 2 hours.

No new posts 15-07-2006 14:31 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Here is the latest information from Wendy on the BOTP site...Gatch

> About a week ago, I received a surprise contact from the folks at
> Imagi (the studio behind the possible release of a 2008 Gatchaman
> feature film), along with an invitation to tour their US office and
> talk with director Kevin Munroe before Comic Con. I arrived in San
> Diego Monday, and Disturbed was able to drive me from there to LA on
> Tuesday for our meeting appointment. This was a terrific opportunity
> to see what is going on with the property.
>
> Imagi is a small production company based in Hong Kong with the
> management office in Los Angeles. They are also working with the
> Japanese production company Mad House (you've seen the work of Mad
> House on various animated productions, including the latest Vampire
> Hunter D and an upcoming release called Highlander). When we
> arrived, slightly early, we were shown an introductory video that
> included a scene from the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles feature
> film and an upcoming (currently shelved) project called Cat Tale.
>
> After the demo videos, we were taken into the basement. I was
> expecting just to see people working at computer stations, but
> the "bullpen" was much like the animation studios I'd toured in
> Japansmall, intimate, casual, and full of wonderful creative
> clutter and busy artists drawing. I found myself looking at a full
> wall of Gatchaman concept sketches and another full wall with
> storyboard for a Gatchaman demo film. Too many images, too little
> time!
>
> I was warned that the concept sketches were in their pre-early
> stages and would go through countless revisions before production
> begins, so I won't say much about the character designs right now.
> At this point, the characters looked pretty generic, and I hope
> they'll look closer to the originals later in the game. The artists
> in the bullpen were busy working on props, backgrounds, mechas and
> weapons, and the sketches I saw lean toward a dark, gritty portrayal
> of the Gatchaman universe. The artists want to dig deeper into the
> science behind our Science Ninja Team and offer a deeper look at
> their weapons and techniques, including a closer look at how the
> heroes "transmute" into Birdstyle. The Birdstyles themselves will
> look closer to actual fighting gear than the old capes and tights.
>
> On a neighboring wall were storyboard drawings for a Gatchaman demo
> film. From what I could see, the action resembles what's on the NTT
> commercials, and takes the action to the next level. Savage fighting
> scene with Joe, neat scene of Ken diving from on-high. This art had
> been done by a former Tatsunoko animator who'd worked on the
> Gatchaman OAV. In fact, much of the staff had been professionally
> inspired by the Gatchaman series in one way or another.
>
> From there, we moved to Kevin Munroe's office, where lunch was set
> up, for a Q&A session. At this point, Gatchaman is in pre-pre-
> production stage. The story has not been written yet, but we were
> assured that it wouldn't be yet another rehash of the Gatchaman
> series (in other words, no more retelling of Gatchaman vs. Turtle
> King). The basic idea was a kind of origin story a la the movie
> Batman Begins that shows how the team went from trainees to Science
> Ninja. Character development will definitely be Gatchaman--not
> BotP "with teeth." The story will take place on Earth, not "beyond
> space." Imagi is going for a "hard PG/PG-13" rating with this
> feature, and we discussed the issue of the target age group. Kevin
> and the rest of the staff stuck me as knowledgeable of the original
> Gatchaman universe and tremendously psyched about the project. Most
> important: they are interested in what the fans have to say. Imagi
> would like to set up a forum for the Gatchaman film project, and
> they are keeping an eye on the BotP mailing list. If you have
> opinions, now is the time to make them known.
>
> I wish I could cover everything we talked about, but it would take
> several more pages (I wish I'd brought a tape recorder). Our meeting
> left me feeling pretty psyched about the project as well. This
> Thursday, at Comic Con, Imagi will be screening parts of the Teenage
> Mutant Ninja Turtles feature, and I want to get a look to see what
> we might be seeing in Gatchaman. More news soon!
>
> --Wendy

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 20-07-2006 01:58 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Ronin
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-09-2004

spacer

It sounds so very pop...

No new posts 20-07-2006 05:03 Ronin is offline Send an Email to Ronin Search for Posts by Ronin Add Ronin to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

This makes it all seem a lot more real...

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 20-07-2006 06:42 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Not the new gatch film.

But great fun anyway.
Nurse Witch something or other does Gatch

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by meridianday on 20-07-2006 at 07:15.
No new posts 20-07-2006 07:13 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Lux Lux is a Female

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-12-2004

spacer

The latest news about the movie are truly exciting! I hope they'll release soon some sketchs, I can't wait to see how the updated Gatch will look like.

And if this will focus on the training days, perhaps there will be the chance to have a sequel!

Very funny that video on YourTube.
And did you spot the girl on the mecha? She was dressed as Tekkaman!

No new posts 20-07-2006 08:20 Lux is offline Send an Email to Lux Homepage of Lux Search for Posts by Lux Add Lux to your Buddy List
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

The Last Unicorn was an animated movie done in Japan for America. A unicorn hears that she is the last and goes searching for the remaining (who have been captured by an evil king who uses the red bull to hunt them). Voices included Mia Farrow and Christopher Lee. Christopher Lee is coming back as King Hagrid for the live action.

As far as Dark Crystal goes, I'm pretty sure they're going to use the Henson studio (though I hope that Wendy Froud directs the design of the puppets again). Since they're still working on the script and designs, all's I know is that they're working on the script and designs (worldoffroud.com).

I'm so excited for those and for Gatch. ^_^ My inner child is being thrown into overdrive.

No new posts 20-07-2006 13:22 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

I have the Last unicorn and Dark Crystal on DVD... "for my kids".... LOL...they love these movies too... it's neat to see them again after all these years! Pretty

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 20-07-2006 15:05 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

That video was ... incredible. Is this a fan or (well, obviously it's done by a fan, but you know what I mean) or another studio?

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 20-07-2006 17:45 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It's a clip from a series, Nurse Witch whatever. I don't know the studio but it's a professional, commercial production. I love the way they copied the Phoenix loadup sequence so very almost exactly.

No new posts 20-07-2006 18:02 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

That video was very cute! Love the bunny ears! Animelol

No new posts 21-07-2006 17:26 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
[1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (5): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: