Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Rant: Hanging Rocks
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Rant: Hanging Rocks
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer
Rant: Hanging Rocks Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It's something I've struggled with for a while, on this group and others.

Most groups, no matter how focused, end up with personal tidbits thrown in. Often, it's bad things that have happened, sometimes bad things that might get worse. Good things don't have the same urge to be shared.

Sharing of bad news is perfectly understandable. There's a rock over his head, hanging by a thread. It's pretty hard to ignore. And so even when he's taking a break, especially in a group where he's comfortable, he ends up mentioning it.

And, our hearts drop. We respond, usually with hugs and chicken soup. Sometimes with helpful advice and comments, sometimes with stuff that's intended to be helpful but isn't. And a part of our hearts is committed to the cause, to making that rock just a little bit lighter, to deflecting it just that tiny bit and make the situation bearable.

I don't mind being shown the falling rock, or being asked for a hug or support or time off, or whatever it is the person needs. I offer my that part of my heart freely, knowing that someone will do the same for me. This rant isn't about being shown the rocks.

It's about the next weeks and months. We walk carefully around the person. We don't want to ask and open bad memories. We want to respect his privacy.

But meanwhile, there's a part of our heart missing, a part that we can neither reclaim nor mourn.

For the first person, the rock has landed and rolled away. Life moves on.

But the rock is left hanging over a piece of my heart.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 03-01-2006 15:30 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Crying5

That's beautiful.

No new posts 23-02-2006 12:06 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Ashke Ashke is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-04-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

And accurate! Fortunately time heals all wounds, supposedly. Makes me feel very grateful nothing bad has happened to me lately.

No new posts 06-03-2006 16:53 Ashke is offline Send an Email to Ashke Search for Posts by Ashke Add Ashke to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer

Poignant in its simplicity and delivery Cricket. Thankyou for sharing it with us.

Do consider sharing this sentiment with this guy.

No new posts 07-03-2006 15:11 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

nicely said, makes me think of things with more of an open mind

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 08-03-2006 23:45 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Oo *psst* Imi new member!

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 11-03-2006 10:32 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Ashke Ashke is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-04-2004

spacer

*Grabs camera to film the approaching mayhem* Poor Gatchgirl, she doesn't stand a chance . . . .

No new posts 14-03-2006 03:02 Ashke is offline Send an Email to Ashke Search for Posts by Ashke Add Ashke to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Why do you say that Ashke????

No new posts 14-03-2006 17:19 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Cricket stands by, waiting while things take their course.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 14-03-2006 21:18 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

*sweetest most angelic smile*Angel1

I really dont know what they are talking about gatchgirl. I already gave you the cutest and most friendly welcome on your intro thread . Animeluv

( Tongue3 to the rest of you! um, I do believe this newbie is a minor? )

No new posts 17-03-2006 12:58 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Guess I'm just not letting my mind get away with me ( at least NOT yet!!!!) Big Grin

No new posts 17-03-2006 23:26 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Just so ya know, I'm long past the minor stage but thanks!

No new posts 17-03-2006 23:27 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

LOL see Imi fair game for the Imicondor

No new posts 18-03-2006 14:16 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

Big Grin

No new posts 19-03-2006 12:43 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I see and have already corrected the lapse in Imicondor etiquette. ( So much for hanging up those leathers *lopsided smile*)

Have ensured Gatchgirl has had not only the Frisking treatment but has graduated to the Rubber Room , with Metaliant as well. ( Hence the smile , I assume?) Winknudge

Sadly Ashke's camera was not present to film the debauchery.

No new posts 19-03-2006 14:31 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer

*Buffy wanders into the thread...

And here I thought this was a thread on the tribs of creating an exciting variation of the classic zen rock garden! *grin*

"Spider sense....tingling."

No new posts 19-03-2006 15:12 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

*stashes away the tapes from the secret cameras, including several copies handed to other Gatchamania members and whistles innocently*

Shsh dont tell Imi about how small cameras can be and how everyday item they can look Wink

No new posts 20-03-2006 13:06 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

LOL . God love ya, Id almost forgotten about your spritely ways hon. Big Grin

No new posts 21-03-2006 14:43 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

speaking of which I'd almost forgotten what the whole thread was about. !!Eek5

.sowwy Cricket.

No new posts 21-03-2006 14:45 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer

Best way past hanging rocks is creative dodging!

"Spider sense....tingling."

No new posts 21-03-2006 18:19 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: