Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » The Incredibles
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Incredibles
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer
The Incredibles Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Silly us. We'd told our son that if he finished the next box of phonics books we'd take him to see this one, provided we saw it first and approved.

Well, we saw it, and we don't approve. It's a good movie for adults and teens, but not for young kids.

I really enjoyed the movie. It was funny and intense and heartwarming. At no time was I, the hormonal Mommy, unable to enjoy it because I was afraid of what might happen.

But it was too intense for the kids. The danger is now and it is real. There are several scenes where, if you can read, you know people have died. There are several scenes parodying what can happen to superheroes with unfortunate uniform options. They don't dwell on it, and it's not the main source of humour, but it's enough that I don't think I'll be taking Crackers.

Parents, or friends of parents, will love the movie. Especially parents who, prior to becoming parents themselves, had seen their friends become parents. Or parents who have had to give up non-parent friends.

The big question for this group is, "What would Edna have done with the Birdy capes?"

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 10-11-2004 16:18 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
the_galactor
Honoured Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-10-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie myself but I definitely agree it might not be appropriate taking younger children to the theatre. Not only certain scenes or content of a movie, but I tend to think the theatre experience as a whole with the ear blasting THX, huge screen, and lights off environment is way scarier for them than they might actually enjoy at home on a DVD.

Edna's character totally rocked! That is a pretty tough question as how she'd deal with the Birdy capes. Here's some thoughts:

1) She'd do away with them altogether and if the team weren't satisfied, refuse them as clients.

2) She'd have to develop some type of retractable wings or easily detachable capes released by some sort of button mechanism found on their wrists or belt buckle. Of course this may be problematic if they're high up in the air and have no way to glide safely back to the ground.

Galactor

No new posts 10-11-2004 21:25 the_galactor is offline Send an Email to the_galactor Search for Posts by the_galactor Add the_galactor to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I stand corrected.

Hubby eventually did take him, as a reward, in a rare fit of neither of us being able to think of something else.

He loved it. The cape bits, he found funny. The list of heros who helped tune the robot he missed the darker implication.

He then got the DVD for an early Easter gift. Both kids loved it. The Jack-Jack short is classic. And I'll be giving up an hour or so tonight to get the words to Bound and Rebound, seeing as no one else on the net has done it yet.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 24-03-2005 19:54 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: