Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » It's Center Neptune Week!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page It's Center Neptune Week!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
It's Center Neptune Week! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes, this week we are honoring the original 'Gatchaman Base', the Crescent Coral Base. Many thanks to Springie for providing these pictures.

Exterior shot:

Interior shots:

Anyone care to post more pictures, or give their thoughts on Center Neptune?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 16-03-2009 at 18:05.
No new posts 16-03-2009 18:04 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
trideegurl2 trideegurl2 is a Female
Honoured Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

man they need some better decor in there!! some plants or something!! LOL

I loved the concept of the Coral Base! Big Grin Very unique concept!

except when we used to write our storues for Gatchaman, we wondered how anyone got to that base without the Phoenix.....

did they live there?! Nambu's got a condo there or something?!

Car

No new posts 16-03-2009 19:13 trideegurl2 is offline Send an Email to trideegurl2 Search for Posts by trideegurl2 Add trideegurl2 to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I would think that they all had quarters there.

And there were submarines. In the episode where it was destroyed, people were being evacuated on subs.

No new posts 16-03-2009 19:31 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Also, in the spiderweb episode, Dr. Nambu takes some car transporter thingy to meet his "old friend" Dr. Daemon on the beach...wish I had those screenshots...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 16-03-2009 at 20:01.
No new posts 16-03-2009 19:48 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

Inside, it is so much more utilitarian then I remembered - my imagination must be embelishing things again.

I always wondered where those neat, orderly rows of fish were coming and going from.

No new posts 17-03-2009 00:44 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

I always thought that Center Nepture (or the Crescent Coral Base) was very cool. A moving base under the sea--Fantastic! Too bad it got destroyed.

No new posts 17-03-2009 01:19 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Barrdwing Barrdwing is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2008

spacer
May I? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Nobody2 I have a whole list of ideas for how the staff at Center Neptune can keep themselves entertained . . . .

Fun Things to Do Around Center Neptune

Roller-skate.

Switch labels on the beverage dispensers in the cafeteria.

Sprinkle powdered pepper over G4's drums.

Fill the Ping-Pong balls with helium and put them back in the dispenser.

Hang a bird feeder in the team's kitchen.

Plant a kudzu vine in Hydroponics.

Marco Polo in the wetdock.

Catch one of those sea turtles. Paint "Zoltar Was Here" on its shell in waterproof paint.

Give all the fish names.

Lay bets on which sector the next Red Alert will come from. Watch the person who wins try to explain theirself to Security.

"Hello Mudda Hello Fadda" over the PA.

Reprogram all the computers to display everything in 'Wingdings'.

Train 1-Rover-1 to retrieve security cameras.

Tell 7-Zark-7 dirty jokes. Watch him try to blush.

On Inspection day down in Weapons Inventory, replace all the miniature explosives with jellybeans.

Stock the Phoenix's rations box with cans of Jolt.

Anything involving eggs.

Anything involving Peeps.

Wait until G4 has stepped into the shower, then tape his shoes to the ceiling.

Place bets on what animal the next Spectran invasion ship will look like. Watch the person who wins try to explain theirself to Security.

If some newbie asks you where the nearest restroom is, give them directions to Nerve Center Control.

I have more, unless you're now all ready to pound me. paddling

No new posts 17-03-2009 06:46 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I have to admit it's my fave Gatch base, the Gatch II base was depicted as being huge but it didn't look it on the outside.

Centre Neptune (Cresent Coral) looked bigger, must be the design.

No new posts 17-03-2009 08:18 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Barrdwing those are awesome! I always enjoy your fun things to do arund Center Neptune. Poor G4 seems to be taking the brunt of it, though... or perhaps G5, with all of those 'food' changes... Wink

No new posts 17-03-2009 12:30 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gogirl212
Inside, it is so much more utilitarian then I remembered - my imagination must be embelishing things again.

Perhaps you're thinking of the BOTP Ready Room?

quote:
I always wondered where those neat, orderly rows of fish were coming and going from.

I've heard that G4 feeds them regularly and trains them. Wink

No new posts 17-03-2009 12:31 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Bardwing, those are great. They gave me a good chuckle or three.
Thanks yo

No new posts 17-03-2009 15:40 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Bardwing, I must admit that your avatar made it even funnier to be reading those. Thanks for the laughs and I would love to view more.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 17-03-2009 19:32 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Bwahahahahahaha !Baardwing, how do you think of these? Fabulous!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 17-03-2009 20:02 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Glad that folks are enjoying these! I have a twisted mind . . . but you all knew that, didn't you? Wink (Although some of the ones in this installment were dreamed up during a brainstorming session with a friend from high school. She's a positive influence on me. <evil grin>Wink

More Fun Things to Do Around Center Neptune

Feed the sharks.

Teach 7-Zark-7 "The Lumberjack Song."

New methylene blue in the spaceburger patties.

Hang fuzzy dice in the G-2. (Note: be sure you don't get caught.)

Crickets.

Oreo the windshield of the G-2. (Note: be very sure you don't get caught.)

Hide a crock of kimchee in the team's locker room.

Replace Chief Anderson's fancy coffee with Folger's Crystals.

Play only music by "Some Japanese Guys."

While Chief Anderson is briefing the team using a projector, make hand shadows on the screen.

Streak the Rec Level.

Keep a pair of swim fins at your station "just in case."

Get a bunch of those bubble-driven fishtank decorations and install them outside as many portholes as possible.

Line your lab coat with tinfoil and trail a wire out of one pocket. Tell people you have to stay grounded because of all that stray transmutation energy.

After the above has gotten old, glue feathers in your hair.

Sprinkle the medical computer's Anatomy reference file with images of Australopithecus and chicken specimens. Tag them. See how long it takes for one to get pulled up, and if anyone notices.

Use the word "cuckoo" in as many situations as you can.

Adjust all the binocular microscopes in the lab so that the eyepieces are at maximum or minimum distance.

Stuff a cotton ball about halfway down inside the main pipe of the Medusa-head microscope.

Hold gurney races down in Medical.

Hook a pulse oximeter, ECG leads, and an IV drip to a rubber chicken. Tell people it's a research project.

Fill G2's wallbox with Avon and Victoria's Secret catalogues.

Seed the team lounge with feather lice.

Culture bread mold in a Petri dish. Label it Aspergillus fumigatus, AIRBORNE ZOONOTIC, DO NOT OPEN. Leave it sitting open on a lab bench.

No new posts 18-03-2009 03:16 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Thats funny!! You need to put all that into a document and post it just for some funnies to read...

Now I wonder who is going to hang the fluffy dice in the G-2 grins.

No new posts 18-03-2009 04:24 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Somehow I think G2 might enjoy those Victoria Secret catalogs... Wink

No new posts 18-03-2009 13:33 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Somehow I think G2 might enjoy those Victoria Secret catalogs... Wink

I suspect he would, if the Owl doesn't get them first. Evil1

No new posts 18-03-2009 15:49 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Want more?

Still More Fun Things to Do Around Center Neptune

Convince others to sneak into G-force Country and leave rubber chickens tied to the doors of the gym. Listen to the screams when G2 sticks his head out to inquire what the h--l they think they're doing.

Glue life-sized photos of Zoltar and/or various of his officers to cardboard, cut them out, and stand them up in random places. Maintenance closets are usually good.

Keep track of the team's ship-kills with a row of little Spectran logos stencilled on a scoreboard. Throw a pizza party every 25 or so.

Adust the volume on the PA to maximum while it's turned off.

Convince somebody on the outside to send you a care package with a live alarm clock in it.

Tape some of Zoltar's speeches and splice in disgusting bodily function noises over key words. Play them over the PA at random hours.

Send an anonymous e-mail to everyone containing a passionate, blood-stirring recruitment call for "cannon fodder" and sign it "Lord Zoltar, Mighty Leader of Spectra."

Spread rumors that the welds are no longer watertight in places on the outer hull, then leave puddles of water in various parts of the Center.

Put a fish in the public water cooler.

Fill the cafeteria "Special Requests" box with demands and recipes for haggis.

Send 7-Zark-7 a grass hula skirt and coconut cups with a memo to wear these the next time he contacts G-force on monitor. Sign it "Security Chief Anderson."

Give G4 a set of critales. [Note: these are like small, thick, metal cymbals, tuned to the scale, and suspended on a metal frame. They are LOUD. If you have never been at ground zero when someone is playing them, be glad.]

Pretend you can't keep any of the team members' callsigns straight.

Get a pair of guppies. Later on, give all of your friends guppies.

Set up a miniature audio player so that it runs only in the dark. Load up a recording of a noisy puppy and hide it in the cafeteria or library. Actually, just about any room with manual light controls will do.

If you work in Vehicle Maintenance, get one of those dashboard hula girls and stick it to a console on the bridge of the Phoenix.

Leave feathers in random places around the Center.

Tie Bloogles to the rear of G3's motorcycle (in either phase). [Note: These are also called Whirly Tubes.]

Tie-dye your lab coat or coveralls.

Place a large order for pizza and tell them the delivery boy will need a boat and a bulletproof vest.

Hide ball bearings in the MRI room.

Start disputes over which branch of Chiroptera Zoltar is most likely descended from. Bonus points for anyone who guesses "fruit bat."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Barrdwing on 18-03-2009 at 17:40.
No new posts 18-03-2009 16:05 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It looks like someone is trying hard to convince the team that they are molting.

Next thing you know they will have a neurosis about jumping out of Mecha because their "flight feathers" have fallen out. Biglaugh1

No new posts 18-03-2009 18:30 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Barrdwing
Tie-dye your lab coat or coveralls.

How about, 'paint large, single digit numbers on your lab coat or coveralls'? Bonus points for anyone who dares to wear 1, 2 or 7.

No new posts 18-03-2009 18:40 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: