Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » The Bourne Supremacy - Spoiler
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Bourne Supremacy - Spoiler
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer
The Bourne Supremacy - Spoiler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Okay. I just farking loved the Bourne Identity. Matt Damon's performance was just right on the money enjoyable, and the movie just kicked butt all over the place.

I saw Bourne Supremacy on Saturday. The story was every bit as enjoyable (if only passingly simliar to the book), and the performances from the actors was awesome. In fact, I'd like to say it was every bit as good as the first.

But I can't.

The plot was great, the details were cool, the acting was kickin'...what could be missing?

Camera Control.

What bothered me was the epileptic fit inducing //extreme// close-up/shaky hand-held camera approach to anything remotely resembling an action scene. There was more action in this film than the last one. But I couldn't accurately tell you what happened. I'm sure it was probably cool. I'm sure the money they spent on FX and stunt men et. al. was put to great use!

But the jarring, bouncing,and 'oh gosh is that a pimple up Matt Damon's nose..wait, I'm not sure, it's moving too fast' camera motions had my eyes playing pingpong in my skull.

My kingdom for a steady cam and 100 feet of distance.

League of Extrordinary Gentlemen suffered from the same affliction.

But the thing that upsets me is that unlike League, this was an otherwise GOOD movie.

Grade it would have recieved with better camera usage: A+.

Grade it got because I walked out with a migrane, upset stomach, and inability to tell you what actually happened in the flick: D+

"Spider sense....tingling."

No new posts 03-08-2004 00:30 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
What bothered me was the epileptic fit inducing //extreme// close-up/shaky hand-held camera approach to anything remotely resembling an action scene.

I wonder what you would have made of "21 grams" with Sean Penn then?

Big Grin

No new posts 08-08-2004 15:00 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I agree about the camera usage. OneBitCPU said it was more realistic -- you don't see clearly in a car chase.

I basically blanked out for most of the action scenes -- couldn't follow it, wasn't worth the effort to try, so just tell me when it's over.

Not to mention the cars -- pushing believeability just a bit too much by keeping that car running and steerable.

But, the rest was awesome.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 15-08-2004 22:56 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: