Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Mother's Day
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mother's Day
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Mother's Day Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

For all mothers, Happy Mother's Day.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Metaliant on 01-03-2008 at 23:46.
No new posts 01-03-2008 23:46 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well, I'm not a mother, but I do have one. This confused North American just did some googling and now knows that the fourth Sunday of Lent is Mothering Sunday in the UK.

I know about simnel cakes now too.

I will phone my mother in Nova Scotia tomorrow!

No new posts 02-03-2008 00:29 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I saw a bit of advertising during my week off and though "Oh dear." Checked about the post on Wednesday about Mother's Day in the British Isles was indeed 1st March and if I posted the card on Thursday, then it should hopefully arrive on Saturday post for my mum to open later this morning. Sorry for the confusion.

I also think this is their evil plan of taking over the world by making all the days in the year Mother's Day.

No new posts 02-03-2008 00:52 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Ahhh...Mother's Day in the UK, huh? Happy Mother's Day, then! I love that it falls on my b-day...you know, March 1st is National Pig Day, too...LOL Pig...and I just pigged out!

US Mother's Day isn't until May...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 02-03-2008 02:48 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Mothers day is the first Sunday in May here...

But what the heck, I have no issue with celebrating it twice!

don't worry Iborg...I spent many years not being a 'mother',(although I wanted to be one for over 10yrs,) so I just would just spoil my mum, and friends who had small children...

And of course I was always a mother to the cat, he'd give me lots of furry cuddles on Mothers day...

No new posts 02-03-2008 02:50 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Ahhh...Mother's Day in the UK, huh? Happy Mother's Day, then! I love that it falls on my b-day...you know, March 1st is National Pig Day, too...LOL Pig...and I just pigged out!

US Mother's Day isn't until May...

Mother's Day isn't on the 1st March Springie. It's today as in 2nd March and I never knew you had a national pig day. does that mean you buy presents for pigs?

No new posts 02-03-2008 07:49 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I just put Mother's Day in Wikipedia and found

this

No new posts 02-03-2008 07:53 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

How did you know, Eboynswanne? Yes, I dote on my cat, and my one nephew and three nieces. I was quite upset yesterday -my cat is 18, quite old and mostly deaf, and a male tabby that roams the neighbourhood jumped on him and beat him up, until I heard the commotion and intervened. As for my nephew, he's my Gatchaman buddy -he watched all of the ADV episodes with me. My nieces, at least the oldest two, like all the books that I do, so every birthday or Christmas, I mail a box to them.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 02-03-2008 at 08:19.
No new posts 02-03-2008 08:15 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

So far this mothers' day...

I have had to get up an hour early to find the new hamster, which "mysteriously" got out of its cage and vanished.

Have cleaned up an egg that exploded all over the kitchen floor while my daugher was trying to crack it into a cup to make scrambled eggs for me.

Have cooked my own eggs after she dedided that they were jumping out of the pan.

Have thrown them in the bin after finding out that she'd somewhat overdone the salt.

Funny thing is, she's given me a card saying "Rest up on Mothers day" and on a Sunday I'd normally have done hardly anything by now.

Still, at least I got chocolates out of it.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 02-03-2008 08:50 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

Hey we have no Mother's day on 2nd March here!Daaam, but my mother's birthday was on 28th Feb, so pretty close!

#Amy's off to give her mommy a hug!" Anime Smooch

No new posts 02-03-2008 09:46 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by meridianday

I have had to get up an hour early to find the new hamster, which "mysteriously" got out of its cage and vanished.

Have cleaned up an egg that exploded all over the kitchen floor while my daugher was trying to crack it into a cup to make scrambled eggs for me.

Have cooked my own eggs after she dedided that they were jumping out of the pan.

Have thrown them in the bin after finding out that she'd somewhat overdone the salt.

Funny thing is, she's given me a card saying "Rest up on Mothers day" and on a Sunday I'd normally have done hardly anything by now.

Awww...poor Meridian...it sounds like a sitcom...LOL

I *do* hope you get some rest and relaxation today! Huggles

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 02-03-2008 12:26 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer
RE: Mother's Day Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
For all mothers, Happy Mother's Day.

Whew, you scared me there for a minute, Met! I was like "Mother's Day?? Isn't it only March?" I had to double check my calendar to be sure.... Wink2

To all of you who celebrated, I hope you had a nice Mother's Day. For all you celebrating in May, happy Mother's Day a little early! Flower

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hinotori on 02-03-2008 at 16:07.
No new posts 02-03-2008 16:07 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Happy Mother's Day to everyone who is celebrating. Although as someone said everyday should be mother's day. We should show her everyday how much we love her.

(That is if your Mom is in contact with you to give her some love. My Mom is down on a 45 ft sail boat sailing between islands so I have no way of sending her my daily love. I do send her an email once a week though, with Huggles. I think I am off to send her one today.)

No new posts 02-03-2008 16:41 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

My mother is long dead

and dont talk to me about my fathers wife. (who doesnt want to be a mother anyway)

No new posts 02-03-2008 17:30 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

My mothers day involved getting up at 5am for work lol

No new posts 02-03-2008 20:45 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by meridianday

Awwwe Merin, its the thought that counts...

It's cute that she tried to cook mum brekkie, even if it didn't work out...

No new posts 02-03-2008 21:36 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
How did you know, Eboynswanne? Yes, I dote on my cat, and my one nephew and three nieces. I was quite upset yesterday -my cat is 18, quite old and mostly deaf, and a male tabby that roams the neighbourhood jumped on him and beat him up, until I heard the commotion and intervened. As for my nephew, he's my Gatchaman buddy -he watched all of the ADV episodes with me. My nieces, at least the oldest two, like all the books that I do, so every birthday or Christmas, I mail a box to them.

Hug for your poor kitty catCat my cat is getting old...it took sometime to not look at the the baby like it was an alien invading his territory.
Now Lord Katse just accepts that she's staying here...

He's a cat that likes kids, he's strange in the way he gets protective of small child, especially when he was a younger cat. I've had comments on that about him, and it surprised me too. Then all the people telling me I should get rid of him now that we have a baby, who is almost a toddler...

No way is that gonna happen! I have had cats in my house since I was born...

He still gets his cuddles, now he won't jump in your lap until she's in bed...

No new posts 02-03-2008 21:43 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

[i]Thinking of Merins comment about a child cooking brekkie for mum...heres and Eagle as a kid doing the same thing...[i/]

Ken looked at the questions that the journalist who was writing the story about him had sent through.

One of them was- what was your relationship with your mother like and how did affect you losing her at a young age? It was a strange question really, most people asked him about his Father Red Impulse but rarely did they want to know about his Mother.

He thought about the topic of Ken the Eagle and women a little more, the first woman to have any influence on his life was his Mother.

There was no doubt about that, he sat back in his chair as his thoughts drifted back to the last time he saw her look truly happy and radiant, it last only for a moment and the effort to make her smile was worth it, he was only 10 years old at the time&

Ken Washio sat at the Kitchen table, studying the book in front of him, this was his first self-appointed mission and he was not going to fail.

At Ten years old, cooking your first meal was a daunting task, even if it was breakfast.

But Ken was determined to create an edible dish for his Mother, she had been in bed, very ill all week and it was his mission to make her smile and get better.

They had moved into Dr. Nambu's mansion about a month ago, due to his Mother's illness which was getting worse, Dr. Nambu had sat with him the previous night and told him that she was terminally ill.

Ken asked him what he meant by that, and the Doctor explained it further to him, she would not be with them for much longer.

Ken did not believe him, his Mother could not leave him too and he was going to do everything he could to help her get well again.

He thought it was good of Dr. Nambu to look out for her, and he was sure they would be moving back to the house once she was better again, and everything would be as it should then, all they would need was his Father to come home.

He didn't believe he was really dead, they never found his body.

Ken jumped down from the chair and carried the book into the spacious kitchen getting out the step box, and began looking through the cupboards for the right equipment for the mission ahead of him.

He put the book on the bench and went to the refrigerator and got out the egg carton and butter, and then he looked back with a smile, before he closed the fridge door with a round house kick.

He put the goods on the bench and referred back to the manual on what was needed next.

After a few more punches at unseen opponents on his way to the pots drawer, he began the task of cooking Eggs Benedict. Poach the eggs, he read out loud from the book.

"How do you do that?" he wondered, screwing up his face as he looked in another section of the cooking manual.

"Oh, he thought as he read the instructions, Thats how. He filled the saucepan halfway with water and the put it on gas stove, he the turned on the gas and a blue flame lit up and was dancing on the hot plate, he then placed the saucepan on top of it.

He then put in the tablespoon of vinegar, some salt and then put the cracked egg into the now boiling water and pulled down the lever on the toaster.

Ken began to fight the unseen opponents again, practicing the moves that Dr. Nambu had been teaching him over the past year, a full Ninja Carte around the kitchen later, Ken was taking down an enemy when suddenly he could smell something burning..."The toast, Damn It!," he thought and hurried to pop it up, by then the water in the pot was boiling over and Ken went into damage control. He looked at the toaster's dial and realized he should have checked it, as he observed it to be up to high.

"Mental note to self," he thought "always check things before pulling the lever."

He looked at the mess and decided he needed to start from scratch, so he decided to make the sauce first this time, and then put the egg on, then the toast, so in that order he proceeded, and keep your mind on the mission, he scolded himself out loud as he began the task again.

Half an hour later, with a mess from one end of the kitchen to the other, Ken stopped and smiled at the tray on the bench. It had toast (still a little well done, but it passed quality control), a poached egg on top and Benedict sauce. He looked at the picture in the cookbook and went to the fridge for some parsley to put on top.

He went through the mental check list again; Main course check, cutlery check, napkin check, Orange Juice check. He looked critically at the tray; something was still missing, to make it special for her.

"I know," he muttered and felt himself brighten at the idea that just came to him. He got some scissors out from the top drawer and ran out into Dr.Nambu's prized rose garden, she liked roses so that should make her smile.

He found the light burgundy rose that was starting to open with large velvet petals and a lovely sweet perfume that would bloomed into a beautiful big flower.

It was her favourite flower called Mr. Lincoln (that's what the plaque in front of it said), so he knew she would love it on the tray. He cut a long stem and managed to cut his finger on a thorn in the process.

"Yyyoouuchhh!" he cried in surprise at the sudden stinging sensation in his finger. He put the small wound to his lips to try and stop the bleeding.

He then tried to de-thorn the stem as much as he could. He went back in and places it across the top end of the tray, smiled in satisfaction and then picked it up and carefully headed for the main stairway that lead to the upstairs bedrooms....

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 02-03-2008 at 21:55.
No new posts 02-03-2008 21:48 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

A very nice story, Ebonyswanne, and exactly the sort of thing that I could see Ken doing for his mother.

No new posts 02-03-2008 23:13 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Its just an extract from a story...

No new posts 02-03-2008 23:32 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: