Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Random Eighties Movies....
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Random Eighties Movies....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sigh.

Aaron Spelling passed away this week. Or maybe last -- don't keep up to date that well.

Charlie's Angels, Fantasy Island, Love Boat -- basically all the things I watched after the kids were in bed while babysitting, doing math homework and crafts.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 21-07-2006 19:18 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I loved those shows,too... Didn't he do the A Team, too? Mrt

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 21-07-2006 20:21 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

A-Team was Stephen J Cannel (sp?). Now Arron Spelling also did things like Beverly Hills 90210 and Melrose Place. Along with many other shows.... I will miss his variety of shows....

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 21-07-2006 20:30 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh yeah, yeah...I knew that...LOL! Biggrins
Stephen J. Cannel aalso did a show that had a helicopter in it...the "Screaming Mimi"... I think... I don't even know how I remembered that... I didn't really watch the show much...but my hubby liked it...I can't remember the name of the show...and hubby's not here for me to ask...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 23-07-2006 13:40 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

I think that show was Airwolf but I could be wrong. If so I liked it too.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 23-07-2006 16:04 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Airwolf, loved the first season. Tolerated the final season.

Powers of Matthew star. One very cute young lead, but in (older) hindsight I think any half-way decent teenager paired with Lou Gossett Jr. would have worked great.

Greatest American Hero.

Both of those, unfortunately, they couldn't grow past their original idea. Sigh.

Loved the A-Team. The family would watch it every week.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 24-07-2006 16:47 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Lux Lux is a Female

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-12-2004

spacer

A-Team! I liked it too, it was one of my favourites, with Automan and Knight Rider.
Then, I didn't miss an episode of "V". Last year I read they were planning of a new miniserie... I'm still hoping! Vigil

No new posts 26-07-2006 12:19 Lux is offline Send an Email to Lux Homepage of Lux Search for Posts by Lux Add Lux to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

Oh my, Knight Rider. I'd forgotten that one. I did love that car and I was consistently amused by Devon's charming englishness (yeah, right). Although it lost its way by the end of the series, and then a couple of years ago I saw it repeated but it'd been condensed into 25 minute episodes from the original 50 or whatever minutes (note, not made into 2-part episodes, simply cut down to half the length). So there was quite a bit cut out of those.

I used to go to college on the bus and there was this guy who'd get on a couple of stops after me, most mornings, who was doing his damndest to look like David Hasselhof. Facially he looked very much like him, and he'd copied the clothes as best he could, and the hairstyle. The only thing that stopped him being a double was that he hadn't gone as far as dying his hair the same colour. Shame he had to use the bus instead of a shiny black car... perhaps he used to go into the city centre and hang about by other people's shiny cars instead.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 26-07-2006 15:10 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Heehee...this has gone from eighties movies to eighties TV...I forgot about "V"...good show...and who could forget Knight Rider? Oh...wasn't there one where a guy turned into different animals? I just remamber his hand bubbling...and I think maybe he turned into a wolf. But I seem to remember he could turn into lots of different animals...but I'm not sure...Demonic2

No new posts 26-07-2006 18:19 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Lux Lux is a Female

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-12-2004

spacer

I'm realizing I used to watch tv for too many hours when I was a teen... Winknudge

That serie was Manimal (another product of Glen A. Larson) and the guy was able to transform into a hawk and a panther. Pretty cool I think. I remember too his hand turning into a paw. Scary.

Good story, Meridian Day! Luckily I was too young to disguise as one of my heros, but I remember dressing up as Diana of V for a couple of the italian equivalent of Helloween.

No new posts 26-07-2006 19:54 Lux is offline Send an Email to Lux Homepage of Lux Search for Posts by Lux Add Lux to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Cut down Knight Rider episodes? How?

Manimal!!! And that silly, elegant half-length scarf he wore when dressed up, which was most of the time. Don't remember much about the show, but we enjoyed it.

Nero Wolfe. Enjoyed that one.

And there was one about an older English fellow, rich former spy (we're left to guess about his past), who took out ads in the paper. Call him if you've nowhere left to turn. I'm convinced it started with an E. Had a middle-aged guy to do the legwork. (I was a teen, 25 was middle-aged, but I think this guy was 30. Which is still rather young.)

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 27-07-2006 16:30 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

Was that with Edward Woodward? What was it, the equaliser or something like that? I don't think I ever watched it, but I love the guy's name.

The Knight Rider episodes were cut down by removing half the episode - presumably in such a way that the plot remained fairly intact. I think the one I watched left me so confused that I didn't bother watching any more.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 27-07-2006 21:35 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes, Equalizer! Was fun show. Especially fun watching it with my parents who knew more about the actor.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 28-07-2006 16:59 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

We were hoping to have with us here tonight a very special guest, Edward Woodward but unfortuanetly, Edward Woodward woudln't

Tomato

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 28-07-2006 17:04 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Its fun seeing the names of all those TV series sitting there again. And of course some of those 80's shows are now becoming movies.
for example, Miami Vice due for release soon.

I think between the three of them Glen Larson, Aaron Spelling and Stephen Cannell had the 80's dominated.

Animecheers to them for all the entertainment.

No new posts 29-07-2006 15:05 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

My god, damm good shows, all of them. Also, Mr Spelling also did Charmed, which was on Channel 5 for 6 years and now it's final swason is on Channel 4.

As a kid I loved to watch The A Team, Knight Rider, Airwolf (though the last swason wasn't that good) Blue Thunder (TV series and not film, though that was a good film), Miami Vice (will watch film on TV whcn it comes and it look like a Bad Boys rip off), The Equalizer, barely remember the Manimal, V and Battlerstar Galactica (the new one is alright).

No new posts 29-07-2006 16:14 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Lux
A-Team! I liked it too, it was one of my favourites, with Automan and Knight Rider.
Then, I didn't miss an episode of "V". Last year I read they were planning of a new miniserie... I'm still hoping! Vigil

God I hope so. When they did the series after the mini seriers, I tried and tried to get my parents to record it every night it was on. Sometimes they would and sometimes they wouldn't.

Also when Channel 5 have they couple of hours of Sci-Fi weekends some years ago, they showed the V mini series and I watched it all and love it.

No new posts 29-07-2006 16:16 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by CricketBeautiful

Nero Wolfe. Enjoyed that one.

BBC 2 likes to show Nero Wolfe. Damm good show.

No new posts 29-07-2006 16:18 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Firebird
Its fun seeing the names of all those TV series sitting there again. And of course some of those 80's shows are now becoming movies.
for example, Miami Vice due for release soon.

I think between the three of them Glen Larson, Aaron Spelling and Stephen Cannell had the 80's dominated.

Animecheers to them for all the entertainment.

Yeah I agree. Beer

No new posts 29-07-2006 16:20 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Watched a lot of charmed loved the ending.

V is on Sci fi channel again in the UK, watched it all when it was originally out.

Its amazing how many there were that we can remember from action shows to cartton/anime ones. I wonder if our children will find there shows as memorable

No new posts 02-08-2006 14:49 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: