Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » This screenshot
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page This screenshot
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
This screenshot Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It says the number 2 on the shirt, but the face looks like Ken and not Joe. I'm thinking it is Ken, and it's just a mistake with the shirt, but I want to know the facts.

http://gatchonline.com/gallery/pictures/039_020.jpg

No new posts 17-08-2010 23:31 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ummm? What do you know about the Birdgo site?

Obviously Ken and Joe put on the wrong shirts in the morning.

No new posts 18-08-2010 00:13 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It looks Joe-ish to me, but I see what you're saying. Maybe he's their offspring??? ROFL 2 (ok, you seriously have to understand the BirdGo site to get that one!) Blushing

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hinotori on 18-08-2010 at 00:19.
No new posts 18-08-2010 00:18 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

No - that's a screenshot from the series, so not fanart. It's definitely Joe - but just a poorly drawn Joe.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 18-08-2010 00:29 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

It's Joe. Perhaps a little more 'soft' in his facial lines. I believe it's from an early episode, when he tended to be drawn more that way.

No new posts 18-08-2010 00:35 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I guess I don't understand the Birdgo website. Would you please explain?

No new posts 18-08-2010 00:46 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Let's just say the fics on BirdGo have all sorts of character pairings.

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 18-08-2010 00:58 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I wasn't asking about a pairing. I was asking if a pic was Joe or if it was Ken with the wrong shirt on.

No new posts 18-08-2010 01:37 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
lyon
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-12-2002

spacer

the hell. they have one pairing.

Ken + Joe.

you know how some people look just like their pets? i guess Joe's been hanging out with Ken too long in this screenshot.

and yes, it's Joe. the shape of the eyes and that he's wearing his driving gloves gives it away.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lyon on 18-08-2010 at 01:40.
No new posts 18-08-2010 01:39 lyon is offline Send an Email to lyon Homepage of lyon Search for Posts by lyon Add lyon to your Buddy List Add lyon to your Contact List YIM Screenname: tuxedo_lyon
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

I agree that this is truly a screenshot from the beginning of the series! I remember myself thinking how, many a time, Ken and Joe were similarly drawn, sometimes! Joe's features became more distinct, and prominent, as the series went on. In this shot, the eyes, apart from the t-shirt, are definitely those of the Condor!

No new posts 18-08-2010 07:54 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Yep...that's Joe asking Ken "What kind of man are you? Are you just gonna let her die?" in the Jigokillers ep...he just knocked the crap out of Ken...I'd recognize that anywhere...
Somebody drew the corneas too large for Joe...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 18-08-2010 at 08:29.
No new posts 18-08-2010 08:28 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Thanks for the clarification regarding the exact episode from which this shot was taken, Springie! I knew I have seen it somewhere!

No new posts 18-08-2010 13:02 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

So later in the series than I thought... but yes, Springie, that's it! You're soooo good! I can picture the entire scene now...

No new posts 18-08-2010 14:27 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I guess that pic is either from Gatchaman II or Gatchaman Fighter then, am I right?

No new posts 18-08-2010 15:20 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

No, he'd be wearing very different civvies if it were a Gatch II or Fighter episode. Springie is right -it's from the first of the Jigokillers episodes (ep. 39) in the first series.

No new posts 18-08-2010 16:12 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie

Somebody drew the corneas too large for Joe...

If I recall, didn't we joke about an "intern animator" when TJ recapped episode 31? Joe looked somewhat... different in various places in that episode, rather similar to how he does in this ep. 39 screencap. Maybe the "intern animator" worked on episode 39 too.

From ep. 31:

No new posts 18-08-2010 16:19 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
No, he'd be wearing very different civvies if it were a Gatch II or Fighter episode. Springie is right -it's from the first of the Jigokillers episodes (ep. 39) in the first series.

I haven't seen that one yet. Sorry about the mix up. It looked like Ken's face when I first saw the pic, and I wasn't sure who it was supposed to be, and that's why I asked my fellow forum members since I'm still kind of a n00b. I understand now after seeing your pics though, Iborgia88.

No new posts 18-08-2010 16:50 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

That's okay, Allen. We're always happy to answer questions and educate people about our favorite topic! Big Grin

No new posts 18-08-2010 18:32 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lyon
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-12-2002

spacer

holy shit.

i just realised that's a BIRDGO screencap.

who is gatchonline and why are they stealing my pictures?

No new posts 18-08-2010 19:51 lyon is offline Send an Email to lyon Homepage of lyon Search for Posts by lyon Add lyon to your Buddy List Add lyon to your Contact List YIM Screenname: tuxedo_lyon
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Gatchonline is Carolyn Kaufman's site (she goes by "Katsesama" here).

http://gatchonline.com/versions/versions.htm

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 18-08-2010 at 21:00.
No new posts 18-08-2010 20:59 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: