Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »The Music Box » Best Gatchaman-related theme song?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Best Gatchaman-related theme song?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
That song is called Oozora no Chikai. And yes, I had to go check my iTunes to recall that.... Wink

Thanks! Do you know what it means? An internet translation program gives me "firmament" or "heaven" for the word "oozora" and "close," "near" or "oath" for the word "chikai."

I wonder if it means something like "near the sky," or "oath to the heavens."

The translation would depend entirely on what characters were used... I'm leaning towards 'near the sky' myself, but given it has the honorific 'O' in front of 'zora' it could also mean 'close to heaven'... *sigh*

I'm afraid I am definitely a Gatch second opening girl - nothing stirs my blood quite like hearing that opening line of 'Dareda, dareda, dareda'....

No new posts 17-08-2010 12:42 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by green
The translation would depend entirely on what characters were used... I'm leaning towards 'near the sky' myself, but given it has the honorific 'O' in front of 'zora' it could also mean 'close to heaven'... *sigh*

Thanks! Further evidence of the limitations of internet translation programs. Are there any characters here that clarify it, just out of curiousity?

http://www.movie3mai.net/d8RWtm3Byr9w.html

No new posts 17-08-2010 12:57 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

No, nothing - just that no one has commented on it yet....

What I would need is the character used for 'chikai' to be able to tell you if it means near or oath...

Actually, just googled it (I love google, don't you?) and it came up as 'vow in the sky' (with the right kanji for oath).

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by green on 17-08-2010 at 13:11.
No new posts 17-08-2010 13:08 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

So many possibilities.... but I think, even with all of those, e can understand the meaning intended!

No new posts 17-08-2010 13:49 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:

Actually, just googled it (I love google, don't you?) and it came up as 'vow in the sky' (with the right kanji for oath).

I can see how "Vow in the sky" fits. So often, we see our Ninjas -along with a gorgeous sunset- vowing to continue to fight on, even though Katse has, once again, escaped.

No new posts 18-08-2010 16:46 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Ladygalactor777 Ladygalactor777 is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-08-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:

Thanks! Further evidence of the limitations of internet translation programs. Are there any characters here that clarify it, just out of curiousity?

http://www.movie3mai.net/d8RWtm3Byr9w.html

Nice for ringtones!!!! 

No new posts 25-08-2010 10:59 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: