Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Where was ThornGenX?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Where was ThornGenX?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ThornGenX
Honoured Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-05-2005

spacer
Where was ThornGenX? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Medical issues included ahead:

I found out in late January that I have breast cancer, on February 13 I had a mastectomy (the right breast removed, modified radical mastectomy). After that, I have been given chemotherapy every threee weeks. Yesterday afternoon (Pacific time), I had my 5th of 6 of those chemotherapy sessions.

There seems to be a spot on my lung they need to check out though they saw no other signs of the cancer spreading (the lymph node they removed during the mastectomy tested cancer free).

In addition I will be moving for financial reasons with a roommate and have computer problems (I am currently using a old and slow computer borrowed from a friend, but it did allow me to access cable internet which just rocks compared to the dial up I was stuck with before).

Still, as cliche as it may sound, after the cancer, I am thankful to be alive in general. As stated in another post, I do have Gatchaman Collectors Boxes 1-4 and look forward to completing my collection in time.

A quite long way to say "hi again".

A quote from the movie "Wall Street" 1987

No new posts 15-06-2006 09:29 ThornGenX is offline Send an Email to ThornGenX Search for Posts by ThornGenX Add ThornGenX to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: ThornGenX
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Am so glad that things have gotten a little better. Hope fully the spot on your lungs turns out to be something very small.

I will keep you in my prayers that you will be able to stick around all of us Gatch fans for a long time.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 15-06-2006 09:43 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am just so glad to see you again Thorn, and that things are moving forward for you, hopefully you can rejoin the madness with us once more Band

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 15-06-2006 15:03 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
ThornGenX
Honoured Member

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks and I am making my way back!

No new posts 15-06-2006 19:53 ThornGenX is offline Send an Email to ThornGenX Search for Posts by ThornGenX Add ThornGenX to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: ThornGenX
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

Welcome back ThornGenX

No new posts 16-06-2006 08:34 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Welcome back Thorn Huggles

I am so glad to hear you are on the mend. Hopefully all your news from here on out will be good.

Animehello

No new posts 16-06-2006 14:34 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

I wish you all the best with your recovery, Thorn. Huggles

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 16-06-2006 15:28 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
ThornGenX
Honoured Member

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks again everyone. The weekend after chemo, never easy for me but a lot more fun with things like this to visit.

No new posts 19-06-2006 04:21 ThornGenX is offline Send an Email to ThornGenX Search for Posts by ThornGenX Add ThornGenX to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: ThornGenX
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: