Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »The Music Box » Best Gatchaman-related theme song?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Best Gatchaman-related theme song?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Best Gatchaman-related theme song? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I wanted to post a poll for this but I couldn't figure out how...

So I'll just ask. Which Gatchaman-related show has the best theme song?

Gatchaman Original Opening

Gatchaman - Second Opening

Gatchaman II

Gatchaman Fighter

Battle of the Planets

G-Force

Eagle Riders

Bataglia dei Pianeti

Commando G (Sorry, it's not the best recording, but I wanted a video without the kiddie singers)

Does anyone have more to add?

I'm actually leaning towards BOTP on this one... but without the voiceover.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 16-08-2010 at 13:49.
No new posts 16-08-2010 13:48 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is a very difficult choice!

Even if I've grown up with, and humming, the theme of "La Battaglia dei Pianeti", I cannot deny that the best theme I like is that of "Gatchaman - Second Opening"!

No new posts 16-08-2010 14:14 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

For me it would be hard to choose between BOTP and the Gatchaman second opening.

The like the BOTP song for the nostalgic memories that return every time I hear it, but these days I have come to love the Gatchaman opening.

No new posts 16-08-2010 14:20 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

While the BOTP theme gives me a nice nostalgic feeling, and I enjoy some things about the Gatch II theme ("Ken! Joe! Jun! ... Jinpei, Ryuuuuuuu!) or even the Eagle Riders theme (memories of singing it with my nephew), my favourite is the second Gatch Opening (who can resist "dare da, dare da, dare da"?)

However, my favourite piece of music is one of the sadder, slower ones.

I don't know what it's called, but it kicks in here at 6.18.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjncMR3HARE

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 16-08-2010 at 16:03.
No new posts 16-08-2010 16:03 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

That song is called Oozora no Chikai. And yes, I had to go check my iTunes to recall that.... Wink

No new posts 16-08-2010 18:46 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You are lucky, I don't have my Gatch tunes named, only numbered. Not that I could remember the name if I wanted to.

No new posts 16-08-2010 19:02 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer

The second opening for the original all the way. I also like the opening theme to Gatchaman II alot.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by AllentownDarkWater on 16-08-2010 at 20:55.
No new posts 16-08-2010 20:54 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
yul yul is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Egoblosser.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-08-2006

spacer

"Dare da", without doubt.

Breathe in and breathe out

No new posts 16-08-2010 21:01 yul is offline Send an Email to yul Homepage of yul Search for Posts by yul Add yul to your Buddy List Add yul to your Contact List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Definitely a tie between "Dare Da" and "Battle of the Planets"...I can't choose just one!

I also love the campy disco music, though! Dazzler

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 16-08-2010 21:31 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
For me it would be hard to choose between BOTP and the Gatchaman second opening.

The like the BOTP song for the nostalgic memories that return every time I hear it, but these days I have come to love the Gatchaman opening.

CD, I think I'm the same. Not sure which I like better, but those would be the ones I'd choose.

No new posts 16-08-2010 21:36 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer

How does "Dare Da" not get anybody excited?! Big Grin

No new posts 16-08-2010 21:45 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
nuni nuni is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-09-2009

spacer

It's a tough choice. Like many others, I love BOTP because it reminds me of my childhood. But "Dare Da" is pretty awesome too. I would say it's a toss up for me.

My third choice would definitely be Battaglia de Pianeti. Groovy!

No new posts 16-08-2010 22:31 nuni is offline Send an Email to nuni Search for Posts by nuni Add nuni to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yeah! Nostalgia does it again - makes it hard to choose.

And, if we think about it, nostalgia is exactly why many of us ended up here in the first place. animepompom

No new posts 16-08-2010 22:34 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
nuni nuni is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-09-2009

spacer

quote:

And, if we think about it, nostalgia is exactly why many of us ended up here in the first place. animepompom

So true!

No new posts 16-08-2010 22:35 nuni is offline Send an Email to nuni Search for Posts by nuni Add nuni to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

You said that far better than I ever could, CD!

No new posts 16-08-2010 22:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank you TJ Smooch2

And Nuni as well.

No new posts 16-08-2010 23:22 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
That song is called Oozora no Chikai. And yes, I had to go check my iTunes to recall that.... Wink

Thanks! Do you know what it means? An internet translation program gives me "firmament" or "heaven" for the word "oozora" and "close," "near" or "oath" for the word "chikai."

I wonder if it means something like "near the sky," or "oath to the heavens."

No new posts 17-08-2010 03:53 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm sorry, I have no idea... that's just what the piece was called. I should point out that it's buried in the midst of a much longer piece of music.

LMK if you don't have it available to listen to.

No new posts 17-08-2010 04:07 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:

You said that far better than I ever could, CD!

iagree

No new posts 17-08-2010 08:12 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by nuni
My third choice would definitely be Battaglia de Pianeti. Groovy!

Isn't it?!! That's why I'm torn between it and the Gatchaman second opening!! But, as we're saying, nostalgia plays a great role in this decision!

The only thing that's not in place with the theme "La Battaglia dei Pianeti" is that it was played as an opening for Gatchaman when it's lyrics mention 7-Zark-7 and parts of BOTP (the direct translation of it)! This notwithstanding, it still has a permanent place in my heart!

No new posts 17-08-2010 08:18 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: