Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » I hate Napoleon Dynamite. I really do.
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I hate Napoleon Dynamite. I really do.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
I hate Napoleon Dynamite. I really do. Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I think Napoleon Dynamite sucks ass. This is a movie that makes me question the existence of a God or a Heaven. How this movie ever got so popular and why so many people like it is a complete mystery. I did not laugh once throughout this borefest of a film. It was so boring that I almost fell asleep half way through. The movie didn't even have a plot either. Just some loser doing random crap with his stupid friends and having to put up with his lame uncle who has nothing better to do than be a con man and keep reminiscing about his days as a quarter back in high school. Fuck this movie. I can name several movies better than this:

Back To The Future
Office Space
Beverly Hills Cop
The Blues Brothers
Airplane!
Coming To America
Caddyshack
Bill & Ted
Wayne's World
Rock Star
Happy Gilmore
Shaun Of The Dead
Hot Fuzz
Superbad
Anything by Mel Brooks
Annie Hall
Cheech & Chong's Next Movie
Up The Creek
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Planes, Trains & Automobiles
The Jerk

That's just what I know off the top of my head. Anyway I can't take it anymore, I had to finally confess my total hatred for this sorry excuse for a movie. Seriously this gets my vote as the most overrated movie of all time.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by AllentownDarkWater on 30-06-2010 at 15:49.
No new posts 30-06-2010 15:46 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Gah .. and not one Hartnett film in that list ...

Please rectify this immediately!

Just kidding ... mate..

Was the movie really that bad? I haven't seen it, but someone was telling me that I should ...

Thanks for the heads up on the suck factor of it ... judging by the fact I loved about 90% of the movies you just listed ... I think we have the same tastes ... :giggle:

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 30-06-2010 15:50 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SJ_SwanJun
Was the movie really that bad? I haven't seen it, but someone was telling me that I should ...

Thanks for the heads up on the suck factor of it ... judging by the fact I loved about 90% of the movies you just listed ... I think we have the same tastes ... :giggle:

Yes it really was, and I feel sorry for whoever it was that suggested you see it.

No new posts 30-06-2010 15:54 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

This is the sort of thing that makes people curious. A movie that viewers either love, or hate. Now you want to see what the fuss is about. Unless we're talking about a film that's so bad that even the people determined not to pass judgement do so.

(On the other hand, I'll watch a movie just to see how bad it is, at least, if it was made before about 1960, or by Ed Wood.)

No new posts 30-06-2010 16:11 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The dialog is annoying too. Seriously, what's so funny about somebody saying "Idiot" or "Gosh"? I say idiot alot when I'm with my friends, and I don't hear anybody laughing. And Napoleon has quote "Mad skills", huh? Yeah right. I bet I could kick your ass in a fight, Napoleon.

No new posts 30-06-2010 16:22 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

I know someone who loves this film, I personally and a number of my friends agree completely with Allens sentiment.... its turd

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 30-06-2010 17:04 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

I've never seen, never been interested in seeing it. Just from what I've seen in trailers and spoofs it struck me as low-brow, base level humor that attempted to pass itself off as wit and irony.

No new posts 30-06-2010 17:08 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer
My own private Idaho Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Seriously I think River Phoenix was a great actor
But this movie!, My sister and I watched it 3 times to see if we could actually find a plot or a story line.
Thought I add this to to the list.

No new posts 02-07-2010 12:29 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Um, neither River Phoenix nor his brother were in this movie according to the IMDB. Considering River was dead for nine years before this came out, I'm wondering what he has to do with this movie.

No new posts 02-07-2010 15:23 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

sneaks in

*psst* Amethyst... Littlewolf was talking about 'My Private Idaho' - it's in the title bar of her post...

sneaks out

No new posts 02-07-2010 15:27 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks Green, I missed that and thought we were still on Napolean Dynamite, so it didn't make sense.

No new posts 02-07-2010 15:53 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

I missed it at the beginning too... Then my eyes decided to refocus..

Really should think about going to bed - but I've only been up for 22 hours...

No new posts 02-07-2010 16:01 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I just woke up and am still tired.

No new posts 02-07-2010 16:12 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Everytime I wake up, I usually just lie awake and don't get out of bed for about an hour or so. X(

No new posts 02-07-2010 16:18 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I've kids so I don't always have that luxury, but would love it if I did.

No new posts 02-07-2010 16:23 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

Aah!
The movie was so bad I couldn't even get the title right.
All hail insomnia, REM sleep is so overrated, after a while the world seem so much better, especially when you are so tired you get to the "giggle at anything stage"

No new posts 03-07-2010 13:31 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: