Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » New Gatchaman IMAGI footage! With Voice Acting!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New Gatchaman IMAGI footage! With Voice Acting!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer
New Gatchaman IMAGI footage! With Voice Acting! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I happened to be browsing Japanese Video Site Nico Video/Nico Nico Douga and found someone uploaded a bunch of early test footage from the film.

AFAIK, the only thing we've seen is the trailer (which is at the end)

But we get to hear voice acting and see a bunch of clumsy model animation.

Still a must see if you haven't seen it. I hope that's the case, otherwise I'll feel very foolish.

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/video/niconico/sm10800448

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cain Highwind on 19-06-2010 at 07:34.
No new posts 19-06-2010 07:34 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hey .. that was pretty cool!

Thanks for sharing ... I hadn't seen the beginning bit before.

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 19-06-2010 10:59 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Very cool! I'm guessing maybe that was supposed to be the Snack J??? Thanks for sharing that with us, Cain! Animecheers

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 19-06-2010 12:42 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

The first part was one I haven't seen before either! Thanks for sharing, Cain!

No new posts 19-06-2010 12:46 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

The footage of the five of them (at the Snack J?) was new to me! Thanks for posting this, Cain!

I have to say, though, that adding that scene to the rest of what I've seen (footage and still images), has me rather not liking what Imagi was doing with Joe's character.

I guess it irks me to see Joe presented as some sort of low-life crook, and one who openly mocks the idea of a "facility for superheroes to fight evil spacemen" while twiddling his fingers, and then calls it a "scam," calls Ken "Captain Cub Scout" and says "the second this stops being fun, I'm out the door."

This seems worlds away from the Joe who was rescued, taken in and raised by Dr. Nambu from about age 9 on, who's practically a brother to Ken, who takes the Science Ninja Team and its mission very seriously and who has burned for revenge against Galactor for years! Sure, Joe's often angry and impulsive and sometimes openly disagrees with Ken, but he has tremendous dedication and discipline too. To me, he's a soldier, not some kind of rebel/punk.

Granted, this is all demo footage -changes might have been planned, and I imagine that Imagi's story was going to show Joe undergoing an inner change throughout the movie, ending up different than he was in the beginning. Still, it kind of bugs me... I think there was lots of scope for an interesting "Team origins" story that adhered a lot more to what canon there is about Galactor's origins and how the five Ninjas were brought together and trained by Dr. Nambu, but that also filled in many of the big gaps for this time period where there is no canon.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 20-06-2010 at 03:01.
No new posts 20-06-2010 03:00 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

You said exactly what I felt, LB! I must admit I sat back thinking 'well, if that's what they were going to do to Joe then I'm glad it didn't make it...'

Like the OAVs they seemed to go for a team made up as the need arose - not a team together from childhood because the threat was there. That changes everything we know about the KNT and doesn't allow for the natural affection and familiarity that I, for one, love about the original series.

I know that in a movie you have finite time to deal with to get the story out there and a newly made team is easier to showcase than one that has a history that comes out over two years of weekly episodes, but surely they could have done something to suggest it?

No new posts 20-06-2010 04:13 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
yul yul is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Egoblosser.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-08-2006

spacer

Cool! Thanks for sharing! Gatch

Breathe in and breathe out

No new posts 20-06-2010 10:38 yul is offline Send an Email to yul Homepage of yul Search for Posts by yul Add yul to your Buddy List Add yul to your Contact List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by green
You said exactly what I felt, LB! I must admit I sat back thinking 'well, if that's what they were going to do to Joe then I'm glad it didn't make it...'

Like the OAVs they seemed to go for a team made up as the need arose - not a team together from childhood because the threat was there. That changes everything we know about the KNT and doesn't allow for the natural affection and familiarity that I, for one, love about the original series.

I know that in a movie you have finite time to deal with to get the story out there and a newly made team is easier to showcase than one that has a history that comes out over two years of weekly episodes, but surely they could have done something to suggest it?

Open the movie with either Katse and X (followed by mecha attack), or a mecha attack. Cut to UN or ISO meeting with freak-out. Either someone asks Nambu to deploy his team (again), or he introduces his team. Nambu VO as team assembles. Begin main plot of the movie. Plenty of scope for sequels.

No new posts 20-06-2010 11:49 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by green

We think alike!

I'd like to think a good story could be made of how Dr. Nambu's disparate collection of five young people (some indications of their various origins could be given via allusions in conversation or brief flashbacks) became aware of (how much does he tell them, and when exactly? When does he tell Joe that Galactor killed his parents?) and accepted Dr. Nambu's secret plan for them, trained for it and learned to both function as a combat Team and as a family. I could see there being some rivalry between Ken and Joe (especially once a pretty girl -Jun- arrives in their midst) and would like to see a story that explains just how their invidual rank positions (and vehicles, cover occupations etc) came to be selected. (I'd also like to think that Dr. Nambu thought he had a lot more time to train them before war with Galactor broke out, and that he had to send them into combat at younger ages than he'd ever intended!)

This could be interspersed with scenes featuring a mysterious Katse and Leader X, showing hints of Galactor's origins and indicating its plans for global conquest... as soon as its feasible.

Then, Galactor attacks something. Is the actually Team ready? Can they pull together and succeed?

Anyway, this is all just hasty what-iffing here on my part, and I'm far from expert at what works on film instead of on a written page!

No new posts 20-06-2010 19:01 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

They could certainly do something relatively short that explains all of that. If you've ever seen the movie Up, think about how the first 5 minutes or so of that film conveys a wealth of background story. It's really amazing what they can do if they put their minds to it.

No new posts 20-06-2010 20:17 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

What I outlined could take maybe fifteen minutes of the movie, if that much, and all we need is for the rest of the movie to build on that. Joe could remember that Galactor murdered his parents, but depending on his age when it happened, he might not remember that his family was in Galactor.

In any case, the movie could end with the team a few steps closer to finding out the location of Galactor's main base, the organization seriously inconvenienced, and so on.

And costumes and vehicles should be based on the original designs, appropriately modified for the new decade.

No new posts 20-06-2010 23:12 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: