Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Wheee!!!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Wheee!!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer
Wheee!!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Had the home inspection yesterday, and it's a go!

We're officially changing houses. Same city, same phone number, bigger house.

Shorter drive to work, but no car pool. Hopefully better school. Closer to school, definitely walking distance.

Closer to the better pool, same distance to library and park. (Different library and park, less walking.)

In a crescent, so no traffic. Not on a hill. (Just enough of a hill for good drainage, not enough to affect bicycling.)

Hubby will drive by a place doing real meals for busy people, as opposed to fast-food.

Grocery store and deli right by school.

We saw almost 40 houses, put an offer on one but withdrew it when $2000 of brickwork turned into $6000 immediately ($8000 to redo enough that it doesn't look like a patch), and who knows when other side will need it -- basically a bad batch of bricks. End result of that one: out $500 for the home inspection.

This one, though, passed with "typical for house of its age" colours. We'll have to spend about $3000 regular maintenance before we'd expected. The shower wall is likely to fail catastrophically, so that's moved from "in two years to make it look better" to "now". Same with repainting the window trim. The wood stove is absolutely not to be used (and clean out the old ashes, so if there is a fire the insurance company won't say we were using it).

We get the keys April 20, expecting another week or two before we move in.

We got it for a good price. Old shag carpet and kitchen cupboards. So much nicer that way; we get to choose our own colours, rather than paying full price for colours we don't like.

Current house, eeps. Still another week or two of work before we can put it on the market. Mostly clearing out the junk of 13 years, but a few cosmetic things. And a few hundred discretionary; will a sticky faucet turn them off if they like the rest of it?

I'm not sure who has my old address. Email me if you want the new one.

Wheee!!!!

Cricket
Sandy Schoen

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 16-03-2006 16:08 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Congratulations Big Grin

I also want to move house. I've discovered how high the chances are of my daughter being shunted into the extremely poor secondary school in a few years time, rather than the two rather good secondary schools that are also nearby, simply because of distance.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 16-03-2006 20:56 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

We've been known to have kids bussed past the closer school, theory being that if they're already on a bus a longer trip is still cheaper than turning walkers into bussers.

Hoping muchly that the Hanlon Expressway is a large enough boundary that they'll keep walking to WestWood rather than be moved to Willow.

The high schools? We've got three in the city, each one drawing from so many diverse neighbourhoods that I gave up trying to figure it out. The tech school is actually incredibly good, not just a "bird school"; it's got programs with local industries and you have to attend the academic half of each class to use the equipment. The others'll probably shift reputation twice before the kids get there.

(My high school was rated very highly when I started, and five years later I was told the universities still rated it highly (frosh from there got same marks at uni as at school, average frosh dropped 10%), but it also had quite a drug problem (that I'd been totally unaware of. I'd known you could probably get drugs there if you wanted, but that it was considered more of of a problem there than at other schools?))

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 16-03-2006 21:22 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Congrats!

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 16-03-2006 21:36 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Congratulations Cricket!

No new posts 17-03-2006 12:46 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer

Ditto. Nice move!

No new posts 17-03-2006 13:18 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

I would love to move to a narrow boat and travel the canals of Britain but not only I can't afford it but I don't think I can go through the locks by myself. Crying5

No new posts 19-03-2006 12:31 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

The office I work in is right next to a canal basin, and the same boats are moored there regularly (including one called Spectre). It looks a particularly cold way to live in the winter, when there's ice all around and, during the thaws, you can hear the ice squeaking against the boats' hulls.

I rather fancy the idea during the summer though.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 19-03-2006 13:30 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'd like to move to a mansion by the bank and wave as you both go by!

Wave2

No new posts 19-03-2006 14:11 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

I would love a little place in the countryside, with large fires that i can light in winter but given how things are that wont happen and I will probably try to move to Australia.

No new posts 20-03-2006 12:50 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I hear there are some interesting people in Australia.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 20-03-2006 15:50 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You heard right matey!

and OMG FB!! dont even jest with me! Get your boys Down Under ASAP!! Your man knows what Im talking about!

BTW, has the whole "how the bloody hell are ya?" Aussie ad campaign furore died down in Britain yet?

Big Grin

No new posts 21-03-2006 15:19 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

Lol yep thats died down and the ad is playing quite happily

No new posts 30-03-2006 19:04 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Ronin
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-09-2004

spacer

Congrats on finding a nice house.

I inherited the family birdbox and have no intention of leaving.

its got big rooms, a big garden (which could be developed though I have no intention of doing so) and is in a very nice area

I thought of running away from home and beccoming a beachcomber

No new posts 30-03-2006 20:47 Ronin is offline Send an Email to Ronin Search for Posts by Ronin Add Ronin to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Grouphome

Ah home

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 30-03-2006 21:00 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

Animeclap Yay! Though I have to admit, I like apartments. No maintenance. My idea of upgrade would be an apartment with washer/dryer connections. ^_^

No new posts 31-03-2006 00:21 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by meridianday
The office I work in is right next to a canal basin, and the same boats are moored there regularly (including one called Spectre). It looks a particularly cold way to live in the winter, when there's ice all around and, during the thaws, you can hear the ice squeaking against the boats' hulls.

I rather fancy the idea during the summer though.

Sorry, did you say a narrow boat called Spectre. Is this they new secret base which won't be a secret for long and gets blown up by G-force at the last minute.

Gatch ALD Galactor

No new posts 31-03-2006 08:34 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Firebird
Lol yep thats died down and the ad is playing quite happily

Ad, what ad. Question Confused2

No new posts 31-03-2006 08:35 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

The australia tourism ad. Where they say

"so where the bloody hell are you?"

No new posts 31-03-2006 20:16 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Never seen it, ind you, too busy playing on my Xbox 360 as there ain't much on to watch on telly.

No new posts 01-04-2006 14:55 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: