Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Cyclone Larry
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cyclone Larry
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer
Cyclone Larry Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I didnt hear the news till now . Queensland in Aus is going to be hit by a Cat 4 cyclone between Cairns and Townsville.

I read somewhere that Megs, is from Queensland state.

I dont know if you are close by or not, but hope you are ok.

No new posts 19-03-2006 14:43 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm in Brisbane - down the bottom of the State, so am fairly safe.

Larry is due to cross the coast around Innisfail/Tully in about 7:15am (Qld time). He's just been upgraded to Category 5 (for those in the US - that means he's as big and nasty as Hurricane Katrina) and is about 300k accross.

That's bigger than Tracey (Darwin, 1974).

My family lives in Mackay, which is on the very edge of the area to be affected by winds - but the whole Qld coast is rainy and murky today.

Many prayers happening here for those in far north Qld.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 19-03-2006 20:59 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Many prayers and well wishes to all those affected.

No new posts 19-03-2006 23:58 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer

Having lived through my own share in the last few years...Yowza! You guys keep your heads down and your butts covered for me!

SJ shared this to everyone a couple of years ago. As it is timely, I'll nip it and share again:

Hurricane Categories

Category 1: "Wussy." Street signs blow over, bushes and shrubs are damaged, housecats meow slightly more loudly. Plan for these storms by duct taping your shrubs, kicking the cat, and shaking your fist triumphantly at Mother Nature for throwing such a weak-ass storm at you.

Category 2: "Mildly Alarming." Houses moan, some of the sicker looking trees may fall over, shingles blow off, small children complain. Planning: duct tape all the sick trees you may have on your property, as well as duct taping Xs on your windows. This lets the wind know not to blow the glass in. Purchase bottled water, before everyone else snaps it up.

Category 3: "Deeply Frightening." Houses collapse, mobile homes cease to exist in any normal functioning sense of the word, dogs fart explosively, healthy trees surrender. Planning: duct tape everything on your property, including the dog. Buy plywood and nail it over the windows-after first duct taping Xs over the glass. Purchase bottled water and bleach. This is so if it looks like you're going to die, you can add the bleach to the water and drink it.

Category 4: "Holy Shit." Buildings fall, cars fly through the air, walls bleed, large sea mammals are carried several miles inland, entire regions disappear completely. Planning: Cover your entire house with duct tape Xs to try and fool the hurricane into thinking the whole place is a gigantic window. Nail as much wood as you can find to the outside of the duct tape. Lock yourself and your family and your farting dog in the basement with the bottled water and bleach, and maybe some canned goods, a portable generator, and a gun to ward off looters in the apocalyptic aftermath that is sure to follow.

Category 5: "The End Of The World." All trace of humanity is picked up several yards into the air and converted into bite-sized pieces, the Biblical leviathan surfaces from the depths, hell rises up and swallows mankind whole. Planning: screw the duct tape. Get into the basement and make peace with your God, Whomever He, She or It may be.

"Spider sense....tingling."

No new posts 20-03-2006 00:18 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

For those near the area or with family there wish you all the best and hope you get through unscathed

No new posts 20-03-2006 12:52 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Hoping for the best for all.

Let us know how it went, 'kay? Falling rocks and all that.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 20-03-2006 15:52 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

There've been some news pictures of the destruction today - looks most unpleasant.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 20-03-2006 18:35 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

I pray that everyone stays safe.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 20-03-2006 21:54 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer

Glad to hear our Qld'ers are ok, considering it hit as an "end of the world" Cat 5 .

My son still hasn't heard from his little mate Ben who moved back in January this year to Cairns ( about 60klms north of Innisfail where Larry hit as a cat 5 ).

Although the power lines are down, we are praying that we hear from him soon.

No new posts 21-03-2006 15:15 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

Why does the name of the film The Day After Tommorw is springing up in my mind everytime this happens?

No new posts 31-03-2006 08:51 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: