Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » RI/Cronus & Nambu/Anderson
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page RI/Cronus & Nambu/Anderson
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
RI/Cronus & Nambu/Anderson Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

OK - in a lot of fanfic, RI/Cronus is portrayed as a close friend of Nambu/Anderson.

Yet, off the top of my head, I can't find anything in canon that shows this.

Ihonestly can't remember an episode where we see them together interacting as friends - and in BotP at least Anderson referrs to Cronus as "one of my best test pilots".

Of course, he left his son with Nambu/Anderson which speaks of more than just a working relationship, but...

So - can anybody enlighten me?

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 06-06-2010 03:16 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I always got the feeling that they were friends due to Nambu/Anderson asking RI/Cronus for help when he thought that Mark/Ken and the team were in over their heads.

And of course, there is that guardianship of a certain boy to fall back on...

No new posts 06-06-2010 03:23 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

In episode #53, when Nambu announces that the V2 Plan has been defeated, he tells the I.S.O. representatives that this was done through the "...sacrifice of my good friend."

James

No new posts 06-06-2010 04:11 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks James!! Once again you provide us with all the answers we need! Smooch

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 06-06-2010 04:18 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

In 'Galactor's Challenge', Nambu reminds Kentaro of how much he was like Ken as a child. Which suggests their friendship goes back at least to adolescence.

No new posts 06-06-2010 10:59 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer

Oooh - I haven't actually seen that episode. Thanks UW!

No new posts 06-06-2010 22:42 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

That's the ep with the mecha Archaeo, and Red Impulse forcing Ken to play chicken with a rock outcropping.

There's an episode review in the queue.

No new posts 07-06-2010 05:41 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

I love that episode! It's one of my favorites with Cronus/Red Impulse!

And the look on Joe's face when faced with Masaki ordering them to run around the island is just priceless!

No new posts 07-06-2010 13:12 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

You know, I learned something new today...

in Greek mythology Cronus was the god of agriculture...his name is Saturn in Roman mythology.

Just a little tidbit of info I thought I'd pass on... Nobody1

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 07-06-2010 19:54 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer

Ahhh -now I know which one it is UW! Yes, I like that one too - but I still have to see the Gatch version.

SOunds like in Gatch the whole team get "training" by Rangers.

No new posts 07-06-2010 22:45 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

You can read the episode review and see the screenshots here.

http://www.gatchamania.net/thread.php?threadid=2653&sid=

No new posts 07-06-2010 23:22 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: