Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » I have a question for my fellow forum members.
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I have a question for my fellow forum members.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
I have a question for my fellow forum members. Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Alright, somebody leaves a comment on video of me singing Hard Drivin' Man that goes:What is wrong with you? I tell him that there's nothing wrong, and that I'm just doing what people always do at a con, which is do things you don't normally do in your everyday life. Now I want to ask all of you:Is there really anything wrong with doing something like this at a con?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACi3z-XfLKQ

I'd like to think there isn't.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by AllentownDarkWater on 04-06-2010 at 00:58.
No new posts 04-06-2010 00:52 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Nope - nothing at all wrong with it.

Just remember though - by putting it on YouTube, you are putting it in a public forum with basically an open invitation for people to comment.

There will always be people who see Con-goers as "freaks" and question anything they do.

Don't take it to heart. Your answer to him is a good one. Just let it go at that. If he comes back, ignore him.

After all - by responding, you are only feeding the troll! Trolls

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 04-06-2010 01:00 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

IMHO there's nothing wrong with it. And clearly the other Con-goers didn't think so either. Some of them are watching you as they go by, but no one is looking at you like they're surprised or think it's weird. They're all accepting of it, which shows just how normal it is in that environment.

No new posts 04-06-2010 01:00 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

You weren't naked and/or using small furry animals in ways Nature never intended. You were having fun.

Me, I'd never have the ovaries to do that.

Yeah, don't feed the trolls.

(I have the impression that some of these dolts have nothing better to do than go through YouTube and post comments like that.)

No new posts 04-06-2010 01:30 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

HAHA!! Oh that's awesome!

Dude, you kick ass! That's totally something I would do ...

Screw the naysayers out there, mate. You were having fun and looking pretty sharp while you did it.

I probably would have stopped and cheered you on!

It reminded me of the Blues Brothers a bit -- which is probably why I freaking loved it so much.

Shake a tailfeather is a personal favourite of mine, of course.. yeeeeehaaaa!!

Keep at it, man. If you're ever doing that at a Toronto Con, LMK and I'll join ya!!

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 04-06-2010 01:38 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by SJ_SwanJun
HAHA!! Oh that's awesome!

Dude, you kick ass! That's totally something I would do ...

Screw the naysayers out there, mate. You were having fun and looking pretty sharp while you did it.

I probably would have stopped and cheered you on!

It reminded me of the Blues Brothers a bit -- which is probably why I freaking loved it so much.

Shake a tailfeather is a personal favourite of mine, of course.. yeeeeehaaaa!!

Keep at it, man. If you're ever doing that at a Toronto Con, LMK and I'll join ya!!

Right on, but I don't think I'll be cosplaying as Ichiro again anytime soon though because of all this God forsaken trolling that people have been doing to me because of that person at that message board.

No new posts 04-06-2010 01:55 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by AllentownDarkWater
Right on, but I don't think I'll be cosplaying as Ichiro again anytime soon though because of all this God forsaken trolling that people have been doing to me because of that person at that message board.

Why stop doing something you so much like to do because of what a very few others might say?!! You would just be giving in and playing their game! Just ignore them because I'm sure there are many others that appreciate your effort!

Like others have already said, there are people out there who live only on giving bad remarks and judgement (be sure that most of them do not really know well about what they're speaking!) ... it's their way of feeling superior to cover their own insecurities and their envy of not being able to have the guts of doing what you so greatly do! Why do you think they browse the same subjects which you're active in, in the first place?! ... because they may be interested in the same subject, but they don't know how to express their enthusiasm as well as you, and this, sometimes is a great cause of jealousy!! And, ITA with TJ in saying that those who were passing by were watching you with interest and not because you were doing something wrong or awkward!

No new posts 04-06-2010 08:46 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

I think your a brave person.
You are doing what makes you happy, and you have put it out there for the world to see.
Just because ONE person descided to be mean spirited, does not deminish what you have accomplished,
You have done what some of us just dream about with endless excused why we don't.

SwanJun- thanks for the Blues Brothers reference, I see the resemblance in the video, I now have Minnie the Moocher and Everybody need someone to love, playing in my head

Power glomp

No new posts 04-06-2010 10:04 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

littlewolf:Yeah, well if you've been seeing what I've been able to put up with the last 6 weeks, you'll know why I'm so frustrated. Some schmuck posted something on some message board ridiculing me and my videos and even hotlinking to them, and everybody believes this SOB, and since then, 99% of all the comments on my videos have been flames, probably because of that, and these scumbags are doing everything from making fun of my voice, telling me I've never gotten laid, bitching about the sound quality, every fucking asshole-ism you could think of, and I'm ready to freaking explode.

No new posts 11-06-2010 02:06 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

Sometimes you need to explode, !!!!
I find destroying a defenseless pillow helps, releive a bit of the pressure, plus you can use it to muffle the swearing (it's just cleaning up after that not as fun as beating things up with a pillow,the pillow makes a good "thud" noise if you get a enough of momentum going)
Your right I don't know what "shite" you've had to deal with, but I do understand the need to "Gaffa tape" their mouth shut and take away their keyboards and sometimes "freedom of speech" is just hurtful.
and comment like "time heals all wounds, just ignore them, and hindsight" don't quite cover it when you are in the middle of what someone is doing to you.
only thing I can think of is ...just consider your actions ...will what you do in return make this better, worse or not effect it at all..

LW send you extra luck, a big hug, some spare patience and a huge well stuffed "thumping" pillow

No new posts 11-06-2010 09:46 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

They're the ones who don't get laid, IMO.

The problem here is like everywhere else: a few noisy assholes make trouble out of all proportion to their numbers. We're talking about juvenile-minded, egotistical little scuts who can't stand any evidence that they aren't the most awesome humans in existence EVER. If they had to actually face the people they insulted, they would not be so bold. But the Internet gives them anonymity, and they use that to attack others. Some seem to go beyond throwing around insults, and then it gets messy for their victims, who have to clean up every time one of these butt-heads hacks accounts or sends viruses, or whatever.

Regrettably, the reasonably-minded have few ways to deal with these paskioodnyaks. When every effort to have a civilized discussion is met with illiterate stupidity and yelling, it quickly becomes obvious that reason does not work. So they'll come and look at a video, like it, but dare not say anything for fear of being attacked.

(If you heard me on tape, you'd feel a lot better about your voice. I sound just this side of stupid. You at least sound cranky. I sound like Mortimer Snerd's sister.)

No new posts 11-06-2010 13:18 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
lyon
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-12-2002

spacer

just out of curiosity, wherever these videos live, can you not simply delete the undesirable comments? or get the administration to do it?

No new posts 12-06-2010 01:09 lyon is offline Send an Email to lyon Homepage of lyon Search for Posts by lyon Add lyon to your Buddy List Add lyon to your Contact List YIM Screenname: tuxedo_lyon
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Some sites don't allow that. YouTube might be one of them.

No new posts 12-06-2010 01:34 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

I just watched your video and it's brilliant!!! You look like you are having a great time and it's really fun to watch. You do your thing and just say Finger4 to anyone who tells you different.

Life isn't about conformity . . . it's about living.

No new posts 12-06-2010 20:59 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

If you can prove that the same people are leaving flaming reviews on several videos as well as other sites, you can ask site management to remove the reviews as flames (most will) and possibily make a case for cyber stalking/bullying.

Becareful, as there can be nothing constructive in the reviews to qualify for this and has to be a personal attack.

No new posts 12-06-2010 21:12 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Okay, I could really use support here more than ever now. The same exact person just left another comment saying that people who do stuff like I did in that video go to mental institutions, and I could really use all the support I get:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACi3z-XfLKQ

This is exactly what they said:

ive watched this twice now...i still feel embarassed for you.theres a reason people dont do this in everyday life....they go to mental institutions.

I hate my life I hate my mother****ing life. I really do the way it's been going the last several months. I'm just waiting for my death now, because I can't take it anymore.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by AllentownDarkWater on 26-06-2010 at 21:59.
No new posts 26-06-2010 21:57 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Allen, look into the Help Center or the Safety are on youtube. You should be able block and control comments to your account. If that doesn't help and the comments continue to become more abusive or even threatening. You can report them both to youtube and to your local authorites.

No new posts 26-06-2010 22:13 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

Allen, you need to ignore what this person says. I know it's hard, but you know that they're only leaving the comments to be hurtful - and they get their kicks out of knowing that they are hurting.

My thought is that if this person thinks its so bad - why do they keep coming back and watching!

Don't agonise over it, babe. Hard as it is, ignore them and their attacks - they'll soon get bored if you don't play.

And remember - we like you!!! Animevalentine

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 26-06-2010 22:17 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
BirdLover
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

Registration Date: 22-04-2010

spacer

Or you could always stop visiting the account, then you would not see anything else said.

Or you could close that account and open a new one.

Lots of viable options.

I know it is hard when you are being harassed, but ignore it and think of them as being ignorant. They can not find anything else to criticize and wish they had the guts to do what you did. You know your friends enjoy your videos, just remember their comments.

No new posts 26-06-2010 22:28 BirdLover is offline Send an Email to BirdLover Search for Posts by BirdLover Add BirdLover to your Buddy List
condorcandi condorcandi is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-06-2010

spacer

http://www.cyberangels.org/

Here's a link for an organization that specializes in dealing with such jerks. They not only help stop them, they can (and have authority to) track them, and can find out who they are and where they live. Often once these people are exposed, their abuse hits a screeching halt.

Hollywood is a land of money and cowardice.

-Henry A. Lee, Cracked.com columnist

No new posts 26-06-2010 23:07 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: