Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Mother****ing police
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mother****ing police
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Mother****ing police Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Today I was on my way to the deli to get something to eat, and I had to do alot of walking back and forth between there and my house, and these two stupid cops stopped me, and when I asked why they stopped me, it was because they saw me walking back and forth up the street. Then they were asking me for my name, my date of birth, where I live, etc., and they started checking me out to see if I had any warrants or anything. This took 5-10 minutes for them to do. It was ridiculous. These two cops stopped me just because I was walking up and down the street back and forth? Are you kidding me? Hasn't my life sucked enough as it is lately? First I get trolled by some idiots because they think I'm somebody else, then my costume I got for the con I had planned to go to doesn't come with a helmet and instead comes with this crappy leather headpiece, and now I get stopped by a couple of cops just because I walked back and forth up the street. Man, I just wanted to tell both those cops to go fuck themselves, but I didn't and sort of kept my cool, because if I had said that to them, it's pretty obvious what would've happened. Is it just me, or is the law enforcement of today really messed up?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by AllentownDarkWater on 30-05-2010 at 18:32.
No new posts 30-05-2010 18:28 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

You don't happen to live in Arizona do you?

They were probably bored and needed something to do and it was either harass you or go get donuts. (Yeah, I know that's stereotyping, but let's face it that's what law enforcement does whether they want to admit to it or not. Profiling happens).

Anyway, feel lucky. I've got a friend who was just picked up for being drunk in public, walking mind you not driving at least. Her twelve year old left his uncle to chase after her, in worn out shoes. They added child neglect on to it because the shoes had holes in them. Then the paper printed her name! And CPS got involved.

No new posts 30-05-2010 18:38 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yep ... it seems like you're going through some period of misfortune, Allen! But do look at the brighter side in the meantime ... there must be some good things happening around you, and if not, you just have to be a bit patient for a change in luck! I always try to console myself by saying that there could be worse scenarios when such things happen!

You did well in keeping your cool with those cops ... it would have just aggravated your situation to no avail! You've shown some good maturity there!

No new posts 30-05-2010 19:06 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

We know where the bad luck fairy headed, Allen!!

I agree - you showed great maturity and restraint by just cooperating with the police and giving them what they want.

My philosophy has always been to be polite. Nobody can ever do anything to you if you're polte to everybody.

Good for you!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 30-05-2010 20:47 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm glad you kept your cool! It never pays to lose your temper in situations like that.

No new posts 30-05-2010 21:28 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Ahhhh in some ways you have to be happy that the local police are apt enough that they are questioning someone they feel are walking the streets suspiciously... It sucks that in this case it wasn't necessary, however ... but they were doing their job.

You holding your restraint and doing as they asked was a good show on your part.

Many people do lose their cool in situations like that, so cheers to you!

Poor Flash encountered something similar to that ... well kinda .. when he was visitng me in Australia.

I lived in a teeny tiny town (which Flash fell in love with) .. We gave Flash an old Honda Civic to drive while he was there.

So he is used to driving on the right hand side, and in Australia we drive on the left.

He was making a left turn, and swung wide as he would need to do in Canada, and corrected with a groan, which swerved us a little.

Well .. I have no idea where these cops were, but next thing you know there's the red an dblue flashing lights behind him, and we got pulled over.

In that case, a license check would be all required. But they took one look at him and realized he wasn't local.

Poor Flash got pulled from the vehicle, had his license checked, breath checked, had a sobriety test on the road .... With me chuckling in the passenger seat.

There were four .. yes that's right .. four cops in that one car. Two of them Big bloody Maori guys (My aussie girls -- you know how GIGANTIC Maori's are...) So the Maori guys all puffed chested stood guard while the White Aussie guys put Flash through torture.

They didn't understand the Canadian license (Ontario licenses then were paper, not cards) ... and couldn't determine if it was valid or not ...

Finally, I crawled out of the car (I had to end the torture at some point) and the cops all immediately recognized me -- not not a bad girl, only one arrest on my record ... for indecent exposure -- don't ask. But it was a small town.. small ... They all chuckled and apologised to him. Flash told them how to read the Canadian license and assured him that the october 1972 date on it was not the expiration date, but his birthday .... like duh ...

A chuckle between them all, and a warning to learn how we fucking drive in Australia, mate ..Fucking frozen Yanks... haha ... and we were on our way.

Flash still laughs that I stayed in the car only to toture him ... i maintian that I had about 7 beers n me at the time and so I was trying not to look drunk and disorderly and the cops appeared bored enough to cite me for it ... LOL

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 30-05-2010 22:24 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

I think you can actually blame a very successful poker player for what the police did.

I forget his name but he is now an FBI top bod who has the uncanny knack of figuring out whether you lying or not but anyway back to the topic he basically in the 70's he apprehended several men who were attempting to commit an armed robbery based. He deduced this by watching them walking up and down the street, like you did.

Since this successful arrest American Police have since adopted a law or procedure as you will that basically says if someone is acting strange then they have the right to stop and ask you what your up to.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 30-05-2010 23:05 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: