Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » Dirty Pair TV series coming to the US this fall!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dirty Pair TV series coming to the US this fall!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Dirty Pair TV series coming to the US this fall! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

RightStuf International got the rights a few months earlier, and it's finally being released here. But it's only gonna be available subtitled though. BOO! Either way I'll still get it.

No new posts 29-05-2010 04:35 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've vaguely heard of it - can you say what it's about?

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 29-05-2010 05:04 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It's about these two hot chicks who fight crime in skimpy outfits. The show is so much fun, and has very funny moments.

No new posts 29-05-2010 09:05 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
It's about these two hot chicks who fight crime in skimpy outfits. The show is so much fun, and has very funny moments.

Yeah, that's a way to sell the show to the mostly female membership of this list...

Dirty Pair was a science fiction series made in 1985 by Nippon Sunrise (Now known simply as Sunrise). Set in the 22nd century, mankind has now spread across the galaxy. When problems arise in the various planets, the World Welfare Works Association (WWWA) is hired to help solve the difficulties. The WWWA then sends consultants to do the actual ground work. A pair of agents from the criminal investigations part of the WWWA are Kei (A hotheaded redhead) and Yuri (A girl-next-door type brunette), who operate under the codename Lovely Angels. The two are tenacious in their work, and will always solve the problems presented to them. Unfortunately, their tendency to leave collateral damage (Blowing up a building. Or a city. Or a planet) has given them the nickname Dirty Pair.

Based off of a series of novels, the series ran 24 episodes, with several OAVs, a movie, a pair of radio series, and more that followed. At the time the series was airing, I thought it was fun. Not great, but fun. You might find it worth checking out once it's released.

If you want to see what the opening credits for the series look like, check here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7tfq4gV0r4&feature=related

Oh yes, and the usual work attire for Kei and Yuri is somewhat skimpy (At least by mid-1980s standards), but they do regularly wear alternate clothing that fits the environment they're in (In other words, you don't see them working in the snow or in space without dressing appropriately).

James

No new posts 29-05-2010 15:29 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: