Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » Ergo Proxy
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ergo Proxy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ronin
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-09-2004

spacer
Ergo Proxy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

http://www.ergoproxy.com/

Slated to be the big anime of this year...

I marmalised the site with babelfish....I gather there is a certain philosophical element to it??

No new posts 23-02-2006 20:08 Ronin is offline Send an Email to Ronin Search for Posts by Ronin Add Ronin to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Can you explain what the story is about as I can't view the trailers as it's either static or nothing happens and I can't read Japanese at all, PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

No new posts 23-02-2006 23:49 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Ronin
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

<big intake of breath between clenched teeth.>

The trailer looks ok.

I gather there are robots in it who look like humans, and some utopian elements...oh, and a murder investigation.

otherwise Im not sure.

But `Samaurai champloo ` got rave reviews...

No new posts 24-02-2006 00:01 Ronin is offline Send an Email to Ronin Search for Posts by Ronin Add Ronin to your Buddy List
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

Well, the art-style looks rather nifty. And it looks like the plot has promise.

Samurai Champloo got rave reviews? Blah. I never trust reviews, though. Just watch what piques my interest.

No new posts 24-02-2006 03:13 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I can't believe that I can't watch any of the trailers but I need to know the plot. Just saying "robots and a murder investigation" to me doesn't mean much.

It just sounds something like any Japanese aime. Crying5

No new posts 24-02-2006 09:10 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

Anime News Network has a pretty good synopsis of it. Sounds pretty cool, if they avoid some cliches and whatnot.

No new posts 24-02-2006 14:26 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

thanks but after reading about the general plot, I think I may pass on it.

No new posts 24-02-2006 14:40 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Ronin
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Me too. it sounds very lame.

Unless they can sell it to me on the philosopical content, of course.

(last time she was suckered in like that she ended up with the `Cashern` movie...)

No new posts 24-02-2006 16:17 Ronin is offline Send an Email to Ronin Search for Posts by Ronin Add Ronin to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

Gah. I can't watch the previews either. I found a link that actually downloads stuff.
http://www.stonethorn.com/datahaven/ergo_proxy.avi
Unfortunately, my media player isn't able to find a codec to do the visuals, and the sound isn't a fat lot of good by itself.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 24-02-2006 17:12 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Ronin
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Why does P K Dick spring to mind?

No new posts 24-02-2006 21:44 Ronin is offline Send an Email to Ronin Search for Posts by Ronin Add Ronin to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

P K Dick, who?

No new posts 24-02-2006 22:25 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

The guy who wrote the story that Blade Runner is based on.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 25-02-2006 00:27 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

The sub-story in that book (PK Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep) still freaks me out. (It's not in the BladeRunner movie.) The masses who watch a never-ending story of a guy walking deeper into a desert, and consider it almost a religion. Adds another layer to the book and a whole bunch more possible connections.
One of the unfortunately rare cases where movie better than the book. Then again, given that I still remember the book and how powerful it was, I guess it was very well written and I just didn't like it.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 25-02-2006 01:54 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

So the question is Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

No new posts 25-02-2006 08:33 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Ronin
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

spacer

No idea.

Never could get into his books. I have an interview with him. (from a SF seminar that for typical reasons he was unable to attend in person.) a truly, frighteningly weird person.

No new posts 25-02-2006 12:34 Ronin is offline Send an Email to Ronin Search for Posts by Ronin Add Ronin to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Should be a member here then. Lol

No new posts 25-02-2006 15:36 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

Well, I have finaly watched it.

its cliched but it has its moments.

I think it confirms to the anime ideal of farce and drama in equal measures.

Some eps are pure hillarity, but they explain the plot and are a serious part of the story.

I think I want to go to sea again....

No new posts 21-08-2007 15:17 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: