Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »The Music Box » Howard Jones
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Howard Jones
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Cool Howard Jones Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I first discovered this genius in 2002, and have been a fan since. The guy is a legend I think. His biggest hit is the 1986 single No One Is To Blame. He was an iconic figure in the 80's synth pop scene. His other well known songs include, but probably aren't limited to:

New Song
What Is Love
Pearl In The Shell
Like To Get To Know You
Things Can Only Get Better
All I Want
Everlasting Love

No new posts 14-04-2010 17:15 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ah, but I always remember him for his awesome video for Life In One Day. Wink

No new posts 14-04-2010 22:26 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Ah, but I always remember him for his awesome video for Life In One Day. Wink

Hmm, never heard that one.

No new posts 14-04-2010 22:43 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

This is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVhsDs0JsN0

Watch the whole thing, and imagine how effective it was to a British teen watching it in the 80s on TV.

No new posts 14-04-2010 23:12 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Gosh, I haven't thought of Howard Jones in a long time, though I liked his songs. "No one is to blame" is my favourite, and I can actually remember where I was and what I was doing the first time I heard it in '86.

No new posts 14-04-2010 23:53 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
SJ Wedgetail
Just popping in

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 14-04-2010

spacer

Creepy ... I was just chatting with a mate of mine today about Howard Jones ... We then switched to Morrissey and spent most of lunch time trying to remember what his name is...

Once back at the office.. we googled him.. Steven! Which I suspected because of the song Ouija Board...

HAHA..

What a flashback!

No new posts 15-04-2010 02:22 SJ Wedgetail is offline Send an Email to SJ Wedgetail Search for Posts by SJ Wedgetail Add SJ Wedgetail to your Buddy List
Mockingbird Mockingbird is a Female
Former Lurker

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 14-04-2010

spacer

Would you believe that I've never heard of Howard Jones or those songs.

No new posts 15-04-2010 02:28 Mockingbird is offline Send an Email to Mockingbird Search for Posts by Mockingbird Add Mockingbird to your Buddy List
Mynah Mynah is a Female
Former Lurker

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-04-2010

spacer

I know the songs, but couldn't remember the songwriter!! Thanks, Allen!

No new posts 15-04-2010 05:07 Mynah is offline Send an Email to Mynah Search for Posts by Mynah Add Mynah to your Buddy List
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer

I had forgetten how many songs of his I knew. Saw him last year at the rewind festival expecting to only know one song but I could sing along to most of his set.

No new posts 21-04-2010 19:17 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: