Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Video I made showcasing the Gatchaman mod I found for DooM
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Video I made showcasing the Gatchaman mod I found for DooM
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Video I made showcasing the Gatchaman mod I found for DooM (NSFW!) Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Since there were no videos of it on YouTube already, I made a video of it myself. It's divided into two parts, and I added some commentary to it.

WARNING! Contains adult language and NSFW!

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlhurkDjR8k

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTjS8_4ZR9w

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by AllentownDarkWater on 14-04-2010 at 00:27.
No new posts 13-04-2010 23:35 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Great videos! Gosh, that brings be back about 15 years... or is it 20? I remember playing Doom.... you're right, there's not too much variation, but it still looks neat!

No new posts 13-04-2010 23:59 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Too funny...I thought it was weird that the music wasn't all Gatchaman, too...
Just a side note...you may want to have a little warning for those who have kids...I played it with my kids in the room and they got an earful! (Had to stop it and play back later...)

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 14-04-2010 00:21 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Too funny...I thought it was weird that the music wasn't all Gatchaman, too...
Just a side note...you may want to have a little warning for those who have kids...I played it with my kids in the room and they got an earful! (Had to stop it and play back later...)

I'm sorry about that. I'll put a warning up!

No new posts 14-04-2010 00:27 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

I haven't even played DOOM yet. But yes, this could have been more Gatch. (When you think about it, the whole Galactor organization, with its mechas, robots, cyborgs, and numerous goons, is just perfect for a shooter game.)

Guess it would have been too much work to give us a choice of Science Ninjas. And only Joe has a gun, so how would the others use their weapons?

Since I haven't played, excuse my asking: can there be more than one player at a time?

Oh, I couldn't hear the music very well.

And now for Part 2.

No new posts 14-04-2010 01:18 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
I haven't even played DOOM yet. But yes, this could have been more Gatch. (When you think about it, the whole Galactor organization, with its mechas, robots, cyborgs, and numerous goons, is just perfect for a shooter game.)

Guess it would have been too much work to give us a choice of Science Ninjas. And only Joe has a gun, so how would the others use their weapons?

Since I haven't played, excuse my asking: can there be more than one player at a time?

You can do multiplayer, but not on the same computer. And how loud did you have the volume on the video or the volume on the speakers turned up?

No new posts 14-04-2010 01:28 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Your recap improved things. Heh.

It would have been so much better if they had ended with a chance to blow Leader X to smithereens.

Instead, all that effort for the lame-ass joke (?) at the end.

From what I've seen, I'd never get out of the first level. Something would always kill me.

(A proper Gatchaman shooter game would be cool. But how would G1's boomerang, G3's yo-yo, and G4's bolos work in one?)

No new posts 14-04-2010 01:35 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Gatchaman: the Shooting is a good Gatch shooter game, with G1 (throws boomerang) G2 (throws shuriken) G3 (throws yo-yo) and G4 (throws bolos). Then at the end there's G5 piloting the God Phoenix. There used to be a good video for it on Youtube, but it's gone now...

Okay, found a really bouncy one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnXkz8B4vnU

No new posts 14-04-2010 01:40 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
Your recap improved things. Heh.

It would have been so much better if they had ended with a chance to blow Leader X to smithereens.

Instead, all that effort for the lame-ass joke (?) at the end.

From what I've seen, I'd never get out of the first level. Something would always kill me.

(A proper Gatchaman shooter game would be cool. But how would G1's boomerang, G3's yo-yo, and G4's bolos work in one?)

They could've made it like the weird Sailor Moon one, where each of the weapons is for a different member, and the character portrait changes to a different member depending on where your health is at. Smile At least it would've made more sense.

No new posts 14-04-2010 01:50 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

Not that it matters all that much, but the music for the first segment of the game was a midi version of the opening theme to Space Cruiser Yamato/Star Blazers.

James

No new posts 14-04-2010 04:17 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by AllentownDarkWater

You can do multiplayer, but not on the same computer. And how loud did you have the volume on the video or the volume on the speakers turned up?

Volume on my computer is at maximum. I couldn't seem to adjust it on the video. You came through loud and clear.

No new posts 14-04-2010 04:21 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Please tell me you at least heard it when it played One More Night and Sister Christian!

No new posts 14-04-2010 04:25 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Update:I found out that the music on the first level is the theme from Space Battleship Yamato. WTF. Anyway, I also found out that the original non-MIDI version of that was sung by none other than Isao "Joe The Condor" Sasaki.

No new posts 20-04-2010 03:39 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by AllentownDarkWater
Please tell me you at least heard it when it played One More Night and Sister Christian!

Yes, Phil and Night Ranger were loud and clear. Not the music for the game itself.

No new posts 20-04-2010 10:07 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: