Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » Wolf's Rain
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Wolf's Rain
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Wolf's Rain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Has anyone ever seen this anime? I kinda got drawn into it by pictures I saw of Kiba- one of the main characters who reminds me a lot of Ken. It's very dark, but interesting...I've been watching a few eps on You Tube.

Kiba:

The other guys remind me of Joe, Jinpei and Ryu (in personality)...can you guess which ones are which?

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 07-04-2010 23:11 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh yes!! Very very Ken. Even the title is drawing me in though. Is it in English?

Ok - editing here. I found a website called Watch Wolf's Rain that has all the episodes. http://watchwolfsrain.com/

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Madilayn on 07-04-2010 at 23:35.
No new posts 07-04-2010 23:31 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes, it's in English and it's really good! I've only seen a few eps and I like it so far...

Why am I not surprised you would like it, Maddy? It has wolves in it! *smacks forehead*...

You'll have to tell me what you think...and if you think the other characters remind you a bit of the rest of the team. I haven't seen many female characters yet, but I think they're coming in other eps...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 07-04-2010 at 23:50.
No new posts 07-04-2010 23:50 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
RE: Wolf's Rain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Has anyone ever seen this anime? I kinda got drawn into it by pictures I saw of Kiba- one of the main characters who reminds me a lot of Ken. It's very dark, but interesting...I've been watching a few eps on You Tube.

Kiba:

The other guys remind me of Joe, Jinpei and Ryu (in personality)...can you guess which ones are which?

Yeah, I've got the whole run on DVD. Bought it in 2006, I think. Its been a while. I loved it and yes, Kiba reminds me of G-1.

The character of Mitch in my Blood Line story was orginally going to be Kiba and Jason's other housemates were going to be the rest of the group. Changed my mind at the last minute.

No new posts 07-04-2010 23:50 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Neat! They're definitely interesting characters...I'd love to see them in your future works!

No new posts 07-04-2010 23:54 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer

Woohoo!! Just found it on Quickflix (Aussie version of Nextflix..) Just added it to the top of my queue!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 07-04-2010 23:59 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The problem I ended up having with the fic was the fact Kiba looked so much like Mark. He'd either drive Jason crazy because of it or someone could accuse him of not being able to live without his 'big brother'.

No new posts 08-04-2010 00:35 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer

I've heard of it, but never actually saw it. Yeah, he does sort of look like Ken.

No new posts 08-04-2010 01:30 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

It looks really good! I'll have to look that one up. Thanks Springie!

No new posts 08-04-2010 02:19 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

On a wierd planet/plane of reality that is not Earth, wolves are sentient beings. They can cast an illusion that makes them look human (hence the collar on one of them). Kiba is seeking Paradise, and meets up with the others on the way.

Toboe is male. Yeah, I was confused, too.

A Noble named Darcia is also looking for Paradise, for reasons of his own. They aren't good ones.

Most humans believe wolves are extinct. The Nobles destroyed most of the wolves, leaving a few survivors.

The girl you see in Kiba's arms is Cheza, an artificial life-form made from moon-flowers. Once the wolves find her, they're determined to protect her and follow her to Paradise.

Another female character is Blue, a wolf-dog who discovers her own talent for illusion. Her owner hunts wolves because he thinks they killed his family.

Cher (sp?) is a scientist who gets sucked into all this through a confusing set of circumstances I can't remember.

Unlike some of the wilder anime, this has a proper conclusion. I can just imagine the epileptic trees you guys will come up with. (Check TVTropes.org for the definition of 'epileptic tree.')

No new posts 08-04-2010 02:33 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I just watched the first episode. Very interesting! I think I'll be watching more.

No new posts 08-04-2010 03:59 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer

I've seen it and Wow yeah there's a resemblance I didn't notice before.

Beautiful haunting atmosphere, though it's a little too dreary for my tastes. My sister loves it. The soundtrack is done by the amazing Yoko Kanno (most famous for her Cowboy Bebop soundtrack)

EDIT: I just remembered I sent a message to Crispin Freeman, the voice of Tsume (the tough Joe looking member of the group with white hair). He's a huge fan of Gatchaman. I was telling him how cool it would be if he could voice Ken (at the time we were talking possible English voiceovers for TvC and voicing superheroes) and said that even though he'd love to voice Ken, he's sure that his deep Baritone voice would make a casting director cast him as Joe instead.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cain Highwind on 08-04-2010 at 07:06.
No new posts 08-04-2010 07:04 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Thanks for reminding me of this anime, Springie! I've watched it some time ago ... not surprisingly on an Italian Channel! I remember watching it at around 10pm, one episode per week! And I think the fact that Kiba looked so much like Ken in aspect and character was one of the things that kept me watching it! The other characters are also very interesting ... and even the storyline. UW has done a great job in describing the series!

No new posts 08-04-2010 10:40 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Looks like and sounds like an interesting show, I might have to look it up sometime. When I can find the time to get away from reading all the new fics being written.

No new posts 08-04-2010 12:01 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I haven't ever heard of this, but honestly, I don't watch anime except for Gatch. Looks interesting, though, ad you're right about the lead character looking like Ken!

No new posts 08-04-2010 13:36 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer

Springie - thank you for putting me on this. Just watched the first 3 episodes and I'm totally hooked!!

Power glomp

No new posts 18-04-2010 10:39 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer
Copies at local library Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Seen a few episodes, having obained copies from my local library
Have to place 'holds' on them to get any Beer other copies but the queue and wait is fairly long.
Going to have to get hold of it to see if ken is the only one who has an anima doppleganger (without the deadness)

No new posts 18-04-2010 12:49 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

I watched the whole thing on You Tube...it's good, but the ending is very sad...

So glad you are enjoying it, Maddy!

And littlewolf, with a name like yours, I'm sure you will like it! Biglaugh1

No new posts 18-04-2010 13:16 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes, the ending is sad but has that little twist - not sure if that makes it even sadder or not.

Gives a new meaning to the saying history will repeat itself.

No new posts 18-04-2010 15:43 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: