Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » They should make a BOR Gatchaman game!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page They should make a BOR Gatchaman game!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
They should make a BOR Gatchaman game! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Wouldn't it be awesome if somebody had made Gatchaman into an arcade style beat 'em up? For those that don't know, Beats of Rage (simply called BOR for short) is a game engine where you can make your own arcade-style beat 'em up ala Final Fight, Double Dragon, yatta yatta yatta. There's a Sailor Moon game made for it. No, there's TWO BOR Sailor Moon games, and I'm no game designer, but there's no reason not to have a Gatchaman BOR game, and I can't find one. I know somebody made Ken The Eagle for MUGEN (another fighting game engine, but is for making one on one fighting games ala Street Fighter), which I assume was made with his Tatsunoko Fight sprites. Jun The Swan and Berg Katse are the only other Gatchaman characters in TF apparently, so if they want to add Joe, Jinpei and Ryu, they'll have to make custom sprites. I still can't believe there wasn't already a Gatchaman arcade game that was a beat 'em up. Gatchaman would have made an AWESOME arcade game! Plus animes like Mazinger Z, Macross, Mobile Suit Gundam, Sailor Moon and DragonBallZ have arcade games based on them, and they're of the same legendary status as Gatchaman. I can't even bother to get an import copy of Gatchaman The Shooting, because you need a MOD chip and can't use a boot disc to play it on an American console, and I don't feel like getting a MOD chip and risking breaking my PSOne. And I really want to play that game being an avid video game fan, and when you get hooked on a certain show like Gatchaman for the first time ever, you're gonna wanna look and hopefully find a decent game based on it and want to play it. I could buy a japanese PSOne, but I don't know if it's compatible with television sets in the USA. My Famicom (original version of the 8-bit Nintendo) is, but it needs to be on a different channel. I didn't mean to make this just some random thread or anything, but I just wanted to share what was on my mind and how I'd like to play a decent Gatchaman game. (That Gatchaman mod for Ultimate Doom was just plain retarted). Speaking of Gatchaman games, I was on YouTube yesterday and discovered a BotP game called Peril of the Praying Mantis, and the video gave a link to where it could be played, but I went to the site and I couldn't find it.

No new posts 04-04-2010 08:37 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

FWIW, I've seen Tatsunoko Fight and firsthand and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is just as good, if not better. Just substitute Katse as a playable character for Joe.

And Gatchaman: the Shooting I have also seen firsthand, and it's a basic arcade-style vehicle shooting game, where you can range around the screen avoiding gunfire and picking up specials while trying to shoot the big bad mecha approaching you. Last night, thanks to our awesome God/Gatch Guru ( Bowdown James ) I finally unlocked the shooting game in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom! Gatchaman: the Shooting is like that... obviously better, but it will give you a flavor, and you can play Ken.

Alos, there's some game (don't know what it's called) where you can have 2 characters fighting in a WWF-style ring. If you look on Youtube, you can see that a lot of people have made Gatchaman characters for that.

No new posts 04-04-2010 14:53 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Last night, thanks to our awesome God/Gatch Guru ( Bowdown James ) I finally unlocked the shooting game in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom! Gatchaman: the Shooting is like that... obviously better, but it will give you a flavor, and you can play Ken.

Congrats TJ!

No new posts 04-04-2010 16:23 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Alos, there's some game (don't know what it's called) where you can have 2 characters fighting in a WWF-style ring. If you look on Youtube, you can see that a lot of people have made Gatchaman characters for that.

Hmmm, I'm not familiar with that one.

No new posts 04-04-2010 17:45 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: