Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » I want to buy a Ken The Eagle costume from this place, but I'm confused here!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I want to buy a Ken The Eagle costume from this place, but I'm confused here!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
I want to buy a Ken The Eagle costume from this place, but I'm confused here! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It lists the following details about the costume:

Weight 4.00 lbs
Package Includes

body suit + mantle + boots + gloves+ belt
Price
Market price: $280.00
Price: $240.00 (€162.51)

And so the costume is available in 14 different sizes:7 for males and 7 for females, and there's a custom size option too, but what I'm confused here is that also under the Choose Size tab, it asks me to enter height and weight, and when it says weight, I don't know if it's asking for my weight, or if it's asking for that 4.00 lbs thing under the Details tab. And I don't know my height, but they have a size chart here that says what the height is for large male costumes, which is 180 in CM. And I don't know my height in CM either. Also, I'm guessing that you just have to enter the height for the height listed under the specified tab in the size chart. If that's the case, why do they make you do that when you already pick the size you want under the Size menu? God, my head is spinning from all this and trying to think of a way to type this message so everyone can understand. Ugh. Plus I don't know what the shipping cost is, and I don't know how long it takes for them to ship, and I really want this costume before June 19th.

No new posts 02-04-2010 04:50 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

6 foot is 183 cm.

If you give me your height in Imperial I can work out the centimetres for you.

No new posts 02-04-2010 05:08 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

They will be asking for your weight, Allen. Not sure why, but it could be something to do with your circumference. This is spandex, so it means that it will cling. Sometimes when costuming in stretch fabrics, you need to go up a size to get the additional circumference without it looking really skanky.

Can you post the website URL?

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 02-04-2010 05:45 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

TJ had a Swan costume made and it looked fantastic. Maybe she can tell you where she ordered it from, hopefully she looks in thread anyway and gives you a referral to her tailor!

No new posts 02-04-2010 11:14 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
TJ had a Swan costume made and it looked fantastic. Maybe she can tell you where she ordered it from, hopefully she looks in thread anyway and gives you a referral to her tailor!

Actually, I got it on EBay. It was a men's size, so it's a little long for me, but I shortened it slightly.

No new posts 02-04-2010 15:50 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Madilayn
They will be asking for your weight, Allen. Not sure why, but it could be something to do with your circumference. This is spandex, so it means that it will cling. Sometimes when costuming in stretch fabrics, you need to go up a size to get the additional circumference without it looking really skanky.

Ah, that makes sense.

quote:
Originally posted by Madilayn
Can you post the website URL?

I'll PM it to you, because I'm afraid if I post it publicly, other people will see it and they'll be sold out. Also, you need a membership in order to look at the costumes.

No new posts 02-04-2010 17:31 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

Actually, I got it on EBay. It was a men's size, so it's a little long for me, but I shortened it slightly.

A Swan costume in a men's size? (Now thinking back to another thread about Joe in the wrong Birdstyle...)

No new posts 02-04-2010 20:52 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
A Swan costume in a men's size? (Now thinking back to another thread about Joe in the wrong Birdstyle...)

Um, no... I meant my Eagle costume. Wink

No new posts 02-04-2010 22:14 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hey green, TJ says I should try and get a bigger size for the costume than I really am, so let's say my height IS 183 is CM, how much bigger would I want it?

No new posts 03-04-2010 00:41 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by AllentownDarkWater
Hey green, TJ says I should try and get a bigger size for the costume than I really am, so let's say my height IS 183 is CM, how much bigger would I want it?

What I meant was, make sure you get it big enough to fit your height. But this will probably be too big (wide) in the body.

Also, you'd rather have it too big than too small, if you're guessing. That's all!

P.S. 183 cm = 72 inches

No new posts 03-04-2010 00:56 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

It is much easier to take something in than to let it out. Most pre-made clothes have no seam allowance these days, which means you'd need to find matching fabric and have more seams.

No new posts 03-04-2010 01:08 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Um, already answered! Lol - this is what happens when I go off and do something completely worthless - like work! *giggle*

Trust me, after the day I've had, I would have rather stayed here and have fun - blast the mortgage!

No new posts 03-04-2010 03:57 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

* huggles* Green

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 03-04-2010 04:24 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
Originally posted by AllentownDarkWater

What I meant was, make sure you get it big enough to fit your height. But this will probably be too big (wide) in the body.

Also, you'd rather have it too big than too small, if you're guessing. That's all!

P.S. 183 cm = 72 inches

I was with my mother today, and she thinks I'm about 5'8, so how much is 5'10 in CM? And my weight is about 145 lbs, so should I go for 147 when entering the weight?

No new posts 03-04-2010 19:01 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

5'10" = 177.8cm

There's a great website out there called Online Conversion. I use it all the time when I need to convert measurements or temperatures to metric.

To figure out your height, all you need to do is convert your height to inches (12 x 5 = 60 + 10 = 70), plug that number into the Quantity box, choose your "from"and "to" lengths (in this case from inches to centimeters) and viola! Instant conversion! I love that site... Pleased

As for weight, someone with experience in cosplay (or just making clothing/costumes) will need to help you with that. I have no idea when it comes to that.... Erm1

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 03-04-2010 20:16 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I just found out that the shipping cost for the costume is $45 dollars, so that's $185 dollars altogether. Ugh, I guess I won't be getting the costume as soon as I thought I would. Drag.

No new posts 03-04-2010 20:54 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I would still like to see a link to the website you found !!!!
Trust me if they have so many different sizes, they are not going to sell out.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 05-04-2010 at 20:46.
No new posts 05-04-2010 20:46 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I got all the money for the costume now. Okay, so 5'10 is about 177.8 CM. How many CM in height would I want to enter then? I'm all good to go. I just have to take the final step now, but can't yet, because I need the answer to this question.

No new posts 17-04-2010 19:10 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

178, Allen.

No new posts 18-04-2010 04:22 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Allen, you know someone who sews, check out costume patterns and fabrics. A lot of costumes can be tweaked easily enough by someone who knows what they are doing.

For example when my oldest was 6 he was really into Sailor Moon and wanted to be Tuxedo Mask for halloween. By using two different costumes, on for Uncle Sam (just changed the colors) and one for a cape, he got the costume he wanted.

Now, the bugger is spoiled and thinks that at 17, I'll still make him whatever halloween costume he wants. Grrr2

No new posts 18-04-2010 05:02 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: