Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Charlie and the Chocolate factory
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Charlie and the Chocolate factory
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Charlie and the Chocolate factory Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Is anyone planning on seeing this or has anyone seen it yet?

What do you think of it?

From the previews so far it looks like a great family film something I know Johnny Depp is into. Maybe you preferred his roles before he was a dad and decided he wanted to make films his children could see. Do you prefer the old or new?

No new posts 24-07-2005 19:25 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I saw a preview for it this week when I went to see Madagascar. I must admit that the preview, with its purposefully annoying continual perky singing and somewhat 60s style imagery, has rather put me off. I hope they have more than that one ad, I really do. I really want to want to go and see this movie. Roald Dahl wrote such splendidly anarchic kids books and this is one of the ones I haven't read yet.

Although the bit where Willy Wonka walks into the screen and falls over was funny.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 24-07-2005 20:28 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This sunday was pretty much dedicated to Roald Dahl and Charlie and the Chocolate factory so there were interviews with all the cast clips that aren't shown in the preview.

There were a few more bits they showed my pet hate I think is what they call they welcome song it is like one of those annoying summer songs that stick in your head although you hate it!

That so far is the one thing I have seen that puts me off.

No new posts 25-07-2005 12:06 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

I have seen the film today and it ain't bad. It's not that good as the 1971 one, which I must admit I prefer, espeically for the (excuse the spelling) Umpalumpas.

I think Tim Burton had done a decent job. In the orignal film, Veroica (again excuse the spelling) wanted a golden goose and fell down the Bad Egg chute, followed by the father. In the book and the Tim Burton, it was a squirrel and not a goose, that she wanted.

Gene Wilder was a eccentric mad Willy Wonka, Johnny Depp, was a childish mad Willy Wonka (good though), but I think Marilyn Manson should have been Willy Wonka, as he would have been better and darker mad Willy Wonka.

Overall, it a good film for kids, but I think the adults would prefer the orignal. Big Grin

No new posts 29-07-2005 22:44 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
lyon
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-12-2002

spacer

mmm. i haven't seen it yet but my younger brother gave it two rocking thumbs up and wants to go see it again only this time i get to tag along. i'm looking forward to it, i love Burton's take on things and Depp is a very versatile actor.

No new posts 30-07-2005 04:34 lyon is offline Send an Email to lyon Homepage of lyon Search for Posts by lyon Add lyon to your Buddy List Add lyon to your Contact List YIM Screenname: tuxedo_lyon
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer

Tonight, I am going tonight. Let you know.

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 30-07-2005 14:51 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer

Please do!

I've got a 4 year old who loves the original. I'm debating on the advisability of taking someone that young to a Tim Burton take on Roald Dahl (??). LOL

"Spider sense....tingling."

No new posts 31-07-2005 16:20 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Ive got to admit, I would like to see Tim Burtons version hehe

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 01-08-2005 17:08 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I actually liked it, alot.
It stayed consistent with the Gene Wilder version until the end. I won't say anymore on that.
I don't see a problem with it for small children.
I really liked the music and Johnny Depp was great. But I love Johnny Depp.

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 01-08-2005 18:16 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Ronin
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-09-2004

spacer

Is it true to the book?

No new posts 01-08-2005 20:08 Ronin is offline Send an Email to Ronin Search for Posts by Ronin Add Ronin to your Buddy List
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer

Ah...considering the Gene Wilder one wasn't I doubt it?

"Spider sense....tingling."

No new posts 01-08-2005 21:00 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I myself haven't read the book but I want to now. But from what I understand Burton stayed truer to the book. For example instead of a golden goose he used squirrels, which was in the book.

No new posts 02-08-2005 13:28 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

I hear that Dahl didn't like the old version. It was smoothed out and made into a conventional happy musical. Kids like Dahl's books because they're neither smooth nor conventional. Apparently Dahl's third wife thinks he'd have liked the new one.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 03-08-2005 20:12 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Ronin
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-09-2004

spacer

is it dark and non PC?

All of his works are decidedly iffy, thats why kids love them

No new posts 03-08-2005 20:25 Ronin is offline Send an Email to Ronin Search for Posts by Ronin Add Ronin to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: