Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » War of the Worlds
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page War of the Worlds
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
War of the Worlds Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Saw this movie tonight. I consider myself thoroughly entertained. Big Grin

Very exciting movie. Very edge of the seat, paced well. I've never read the book but I've listened to the Jeff Wayne album a few times (oh I'm so literate) and the plot seemed to follow the same lines, albeit condensed for a more compact cinematic experience.

Very too-good-to-be-believable-in-any-way-whatsoever ending. But not a long enough ending to steal the thunder from the rest of the movie.

I think I might go and see it again.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 06-07-2005 22:28 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Askura
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-07-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The ending of original film version still annoys me...

'In the end, it was the little things that god in his wisdom had placed uopn the Earth that defeated the invaders.'

Don't actually object to this bit. What I do object to is the shots of everybody in the world going to church...

Same with 'Day of the Triffids.'

No new posts 08-07-2005 15:46 Askura is offline Send an Email to Askura Search for Posts by Askura Add Askura to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: kernbrit
Berg Katse Berg Katse is a Female
Pleather Goddess

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Didn't like any of the movies, but I'm a huge fan of the actual radio play. It was one of the biggest motivators for my own playwriting. I just loved the technique and just...oh there's so much about it that was just so unique and great and amazing. It's playwriting at it's best, that's for sure.

I'm so critical of movies, when I saw this coming out, I was not impressed with anything about it. I'm not a fan of Tom Cruise in the least, and Spielberg's not moved mountains for me in ages. Then again, I'm someone who believes that Hollywood is overproducing films and the market is simply way too saturated in junk that a good film is hard to find. It's not much of a surprise to me that Hollywood is in a slump.

Man, do I ever digress...*shoves sock in mouth*

Katse

No new posts 09-07-2005 12:23 Berg Katse is offline Send an Email to Berg Katse Homepage of Berg Katse Search for Posts by Berg Katse Add Berg Katse to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: Katse (d9yaa@unb.ca)
Demerson Demerson is a Male
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-05-2005

spacer

Half the time I thought I was watching a Half Life 2 movie.

The other half had me wondering where the zombies were.

No new posts 10-07-2005 00:56 Demerson is offline Send an Email to Demerson Search for Posts by Demerson Add Demerson to your Buddy List Add Demerson to your Contact List AIM Screenname: Wolfcult Command YIM Screenname: demersonofabitch
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

In short, the new film is shite and I prefer the orignal because at least in the orignal, you actually see other nations having the same problem but in the new one all you see is America getting attacked and I was nitpicking through the bloody film. Parts of it was alright but it didn't have the horror or excitment that I was expecting. Frown

No new posts 29-07-2005 22:47 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

I quite liked it, it was nice to see that they didnt portray Tom's charector as some superhero who fights back at the aliens and wins.

They stuck with the original theme of the story and I found the effects quite good.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 01-08-2005 17:03 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: