Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Why is an episode a favorite for you?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Why is an episode a favorite for you?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Gatch II was there to prepare the terrain for the Swan/Eagle enforcement in their relationship! ... that's what I like to think! The Swan had ample time to think about her true sentiments! Not that the Condor hadn't been a good option, but the Eagle was always her Eagle for Jun!

No new posts 24-03-2010 08:26 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Actually, I think it was more fan service. By the end of the Gatchaman series, Tatsunoko had realized that Joe was their most popular character, and that's why many of the later episodes began focusing on him. When they were launching Gatchaman II, they wanted to capitalize on that and made the show more Joe-centric, which apparently included some swoony scenes with the Swan. (And now James will step in and correct me, because I'm sure I've gotten something wrong in that statement. Smooch2 James! )

Also, I recall James saying that originally they had planned for Jun to discover Joe's secret (that he was a cyborg) and reveal it to the others. That got dropped, and instead we got Mrs. Mary Sue, Dr. Pandora. Blaaaaah... [insert snoopy noise here]

No new posts 24-03-2010 14:22 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Your statement makes a lot of sense, TJ, and, in fact, I've read something similar some long time ago, where I can't recall! And you surely have something against "Miss Perfect"! ... mind if I join your clan anti-Dr. Pandora?! (even though I sincerely didn't see her that bad, at least not all of the time!)

No new posts 24-03-2010 15:45 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
By the end of the Gatchaman series, Tatsunoko had realized that Joe was their most popular character, and that's why many of the later episodes began focusing on him.

This is a popular fan myth that has never had any solid support. The decision to have Joe dying came from Hisayuki Toriumi, not a nebulous "Tatsunoko," and was apparently done to give the series a tearful farewell scene to help build up the drama of the last episode, not because Joe was the "most popular character."

quote:
When they were launching Gatchaman II, they wanted to capitalize on that and made the show more Joe-centric, which apparently included some swoony scenes with the Swan.

This is another fan myth. While the Planning for Gatchaman II does certainly focus a lot on Joe, there wasn't anything that stated that they wished to make Joe the main focal point of the series. My impression is that it came about organically as the story developed, not as a pre-planned situation. You will also notice that, once they started moving away from the intention to make the series only 26 episodes long, they quickly wrapped up and tossed aside the "Joe the Secret Cyborg" elements from the Planning and we start seeing more episodes focusing on Ken.

quote:
Also, I recall James saying that originally they had planned for Jun to discover Joe's secret (that he was a cyborg) and reveal it to the others.

No, what I said was that Jun was going to be the first to discover that Joe was a cyborg, and that eventually Dr. Raphael would reveal Joe's secret to the other characters.

James

No new posts 24-03-2010 18:14 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie
But if it's okay for all of you to have random episode recaps of Gatch F when the time comes, then, as I said, I would be more than happy to do so!

That sounds marvelous to me. Your recap for Gatch F ep.46 explains it so well, and I'd love to read your descriptions of other Gatch F episodes -I, comparatively, know so little about them!

No new posts 24-03-2010 18:35 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
made the show more Joe-centric, which apparently included some swoony scenes with the Swan.

I certainly took advantage of the scenes in episodes 16 and 29 (the North Wall ep) when writing Joe/Jun. If one is trying to stay close to canon, there's almost nothing Joe/Jun in the first series to work with!

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
No, what I said was that Jun was going to be the first to discover that Joe was a cyborg, and that eventually Dr. Raphael would reveal Joe's secret to the other characters.

I've often wondered if episode 16 was meant to be the beginning of Jun figuring out that Joe was a cyborg -she saw enough (him ripping into a tank with his bare hands) to make it seem like she'd be realizing that something was definitely different about him.

No new posts 24-03-2010 18:47 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
I've often wondered if episode 16 was meant to be the beginning of Jun figuring out that Joe was a cyborg -she saw enough (him ripping into a tank with his bare hands) to make it seem like she'd be realizing that something was definitely different about him.

I've assumed that as well.

James

No new posts 24-03-2010 19:00 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
But if it's okay for all of you to have random episode recaps of Gatch F when the time comes, then, as I said, I would be more than happy to do so!

That sounds marvelous to me. Your recap for Gatch F ep.46 explains it so well, and I'd love to read your descriptions of other Gatch F episodes -I, comparatively, know so little about them!

Thanks, LB! I will try to do my humble best!

No new posts 24-03-2010 19:29 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for the clarifications, James! Gatch II is a far away memory!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gatchamarie on 24-03-2010 at 19:31.
No new posts 24-03-2010 19:30 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Your statement makes a lot of sense, TJ, and, in fact, I've read something similar some long time ago, where I can't recall! And you surely have something against "Miss Perfect"! ... mind if I join your clan anti-Dr. Pandora?! (even though I sincerely didn't see her that bad, at least not all of the time!)

Oh no, she's not *that* bad. After all, I grew up being subjected to the tortures of 7-Zark-7, so next to that Dr. Pandora is quite refreshing! Wink

No new posts 24-03-2010 20:16 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank you for clarifying, James! Thanks

No new posts 24-03-2010 20:18 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:

Oh no, she's not *that* bad. After all, I grew up being subjected to the tortures of 7-Zark-7, so next to that Dr. Pandora is quite refreshing! Wink

Rofl

No new posts 25-03-2010 08:01 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
« previous  1  2  [3]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: