Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Irony can be deadly
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Irony can be deadly
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer
Irony can be deadly Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

So...I've moved into my new apartment, which is complete with an electric stove w/ burners.

I was frying up some green tomatoes the other day and found that the burners get VERY hot. I set a smoke alarm off. No big deal, as I turned down the heat and disabled the smoke detector.

Well, apparently my neighbor both heard the alarm and smelled the smoke. So, being very good friends, she joshed me about it. She then went to cook her own meal. She isn't so lucky. She's browning some chicken when the oil starts to boil and then bursts into flames. All FOUR smoke detectors go off. She grabs the pan with a mitt and...takes it to the sink and pours water on it...

For those who don't know, this method of putting out a grease fire doesn't work that great, as it tends to make the grease fire EXPLODE (typically the results that one DOESN'T want when trying not to die). Fortunately, she managed to put out the fire and didn't get hurt (and didn't burn the entire apartment complex down).

She also knows both how to put out a grease fire and not to invoke the laws of karma.

*nods*

No new posts 12-06-2005 02:08 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Ashke Ashke is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-04-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Damn! I burn water with the best of 'em, and even I know to put a lid on it and turn it off. Just goes to show that sometimes ya just forget to think.

No new posts 12-06-2005 07:02 Ashke is offline Send an Email to Ashke Search for Posts by Ashke Add Ashke to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

or think you can forget about a thing called "Universal Laws of Karma"

Life's funny that way aint it?

Its like the gods have this twisted sense of humour and love to play with us mere mortals.

Im glad the flatemate didnt get torched in the process of getting some karmic payback! lol

Just goes to show you to be careful what you say, think or do cause the wind will carry it to those gods, and hooboy will they let you eat your words!

Allow me right now, to give those gods a sardonic smile, and give them the finger for all the times they made me the butt of their karmic joke.

Finger4

No new posts 14-06-2005 16:49 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Well, beats hubby's coworker, who tried to pour baking soda on a grease fire.

Except, he and roommie couldn't find any, so they used flour.

Dust explosions aren't recommended.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 14-06-2005 17:10 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Ashke Ashke is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

*Flushes* Hate to admit it, but I probably would have tried flour too, but its a non-essential in my home, so we don't have any. Baking soda on the other hand has a multitude of uses, my fave is mixing it with vinegar and food coloring.

No new posts 19-06-2005 02:06 Ashke is offline Send an Email to Ashke Search for Posts by Ashke Add Ashke to your Buddy List
Ronin
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-09-2004

spacer

what does that do?

No new posts 19-06-2005 05:24 Ronin is offline Send an Email to Ronin Search for Posts by Ronin Add Ronin to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

It would appear that you can use vinegar and baking soda for anything from clearing drains to cleaning skin injuries. I must say, I'd be a little concerned about getting the strength wrong for the disinfectant use, as I can picture people's legs dropping off after it's been applied to the knees and been left too long.

What you can do with baking soda and vinegar

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 19-06-2005 11:51 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

It's like Coca-Cola! Heh...I use that stuff to get bugs off my windshield, dissolve candy off hardwood floor (have to use lots of Pledge afterwards, though), etc. Oh...I drink it too, though...maybe that's not a good thing. Confused

No new posts 20-06-2005 02:57 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Ashke Ashke is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Vinegar/Baking soda/red food coloring makes great molten lava in a science fair volcano!

No new posts 12-07-2005 03:23 Ashke is offline Send an Email to Ashke Search for Posts by Ashke Add Ashke to your Buddy List
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer

Except it's never "RED". It's "YELLOW"!

I would like to find some egg head who can solve the chemical compositional problems inharent in trying to create RED lava for your clay volcano. 2guns

"Spider sense....tingling."

No new posts 12-07-2005 04:58 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You need to put essence of brand new pink bedsheet in there. That is guaranteed to turn anything else a reddish colour after immersion in any kind of dampness. Works for me, anyway.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 12-07-2005 06:35 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer

....And when someone asks 'what the hell is a pink bedsheet doing in your volcano' we can just say " Duuuuh! The Goddess Pele is doing some interior decorating!" :rotfl:

"Spider sense....tingling."

No new posts 12-07-2005 14:17 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Even goddesses need somewhere to sleep. Kid's probably get extra credit for creativity :<3

No new posts 12-07-2005 17:49 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Try the fancy concentrated food colouring used for cake icing. (Works well in playdough, too.)

Bathtub fizzy tints?

Shaved red crayon (or candles). Can use other colours and get nice chunky bits of rock.

Blood. Blood can make anything turn colour and stay that way.

As for the pink bedsheet? It's from Atlantis.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 12-07-2005 18:43 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
ThornGenX
Honoured Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-05-2005

spacer

My smartass remark about cooking is "Why get a cooking timer when you have a smoke alarm?" Pleased

A quote from the movie "Wall Street" 1987

No new posts 12-07-2005 19:55 ThornGenX is offline Send an Email to ThornGenX Search for Posts by ThornGenX Add ThornGenX to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: ThornGenX
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Reminds me of my first year of marriage,...

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 12-07-2005 20:44 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I have a cooking timer and a smoke alarm.

Somehow the smoke alarm usually manages to beat the cooking timer.

No new posts 12-07-2005 20:46 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Berg Katse Berg Katse is a Female
Pleather Goddess

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2001

spacer

I'm smart. I let Richie do all the cooking. It's the only safe alternative to starvation.

Katse

No new posts 12-07-2005 23:25 Berg Katse is offline Send an Email to Berg Katse Homepage of Berg Katse Search for Posts by Berg Katse Add Berg Katse to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: Katse (d9yaa@unb.ca)
Ronin
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-09-2004

spacer

I dont have that option.

I got rid of the smoke alarm for going off every time I switched my soldering iron on

No new posts 14-07-2005 07:39 Ronin is offline Send an Email to Ronin Search for Posts by Ronin Add Ronin to your Buddy List
Ashke Ashke is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

My smoke detector goes off so often, I was made the fire marshall of my complex and given the override codes, keys, and everything! Think they were trying to tell me something?

No new posts 18-07-2005 07:19 Ashke is offline Send an Email to Ashke Search for Posts by Ashke Add Ashke to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: