Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Not Really a Rant, but too good to pass up
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Not Really a Rant, but too good to pass up
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Not Really a Rant, but too good to pass up Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm finally writing again. Hopefully it lasts.

So, I'm sitting at my desk with my brain (my laptop) in front of me, typing away (actually trying to get out a paragraph or two for UW's IF) and my husband is lying on the bed. Yes my desk is in the bedroom, our living is just too small for it and my bookshelves. The dog is running between rooms the kids are in the living room and she doesn't know who she wants to be with us or them.

My husband opens his eyes, and asks me, "What is she doing?"

Being a smart ass and not hearing anything suspicious and definitely no sounds of arguing, mortal combat, serious injury coming from kids or dog, I reply, "I don't know, I can't see through walls."

Hubby, not satisfied, gets up to investigate and comes back shrugging his shoulders because there is nothing to be found. Lies back down, but does not close his eyes.

"$hit! That what it is!" he exclaims, as he is looking at me typing.

Of course, I found it hilarious, endearing, and annoying all at the same time. And just had to share this small glimpse of my life. Though I'm still wondering how typing sounds like the sound of shredding carpet, which he confessed is what he thought he heard.

No new posts 19-03-2010 02:49 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hhahaahaa.. Brilliant.. Have been there once or twice...

I personally find the sound of typing to be annoying as hell if I am trying to get to sleep. Flash has his computer in the bedroom and he taps away on his baseball forums while I am trying to catch some zzz's ...

Especially when I'm in that half-sleep bit, a decent hit on the enter key will have me hitting the roof thinking it's some damn thing hitting the wall or window.

Flash has had a giggle at my reactions once or twice..

Of course don't you dare let that interfere with you getting out some fic work.... LOL

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 19-03-2010 03:28 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

SJ, I wonder if your hubby knows mine through the baseball forums? Mine reads at quite a few, and is in a couple fantasy leagues at last count. Fortunately, his computer is in the living room, so that at least we aren't competing with each other for computers or typing sounds.

No new posts 19-03-2010 03:44 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amethyst
Fortunately, his computer is in the living room, so that at least we aren't competing with each other for computers or typing sounds.

Hee, does your dog have a carpet-damaging criminal past that might cause your husband to jump to conclusions? Dog

Whether intentional or not, the BF found a way to keep me from using his computer. I don't have to look at my hands when I'm typing, and his keyboard has the right-side shift key in a really odd position such that every time I reach for it, I hit the / key instead -and it drives me insane!

He's always looking at the keyboard when he types, so it makes no difference to him.

No new posts 19-03-2010 04:20 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Me and my DH have only one computer instead ... an overloaded one! Sometimes we also argue like children in order to see who can use it first! And now even our kids are getting in the way!

That's why I try to use it when he's at work and I'm at home and that's why I do not have such an ample time to do so, as during the day I have my own work to do! Regarding the typing sound, it's my DH that gets bothered! I type so fast that, as you said, Amethyst, it really sounds annoying at times! My DH types with the speed of the snail and I always like to make fun of him! He has to look at the letters first ... or better, he must search for them before pushing the right key! And he makes mistakes just the same! And to say that he works on a computer the whole day at work preparing Excel sheets, reports and so on! I sincerely don't know how he manages to do that in time!

No new posts 19-03-2010 08:31 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

It's one of the things I dread when Ste and I finally manage to get in the same place at the same time! I can see I will have to get another computer if I ever want to get a look in!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 19-03-2010 09:11 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

LOL... we have four people and five computers here! I have a Mac, DH has a PC, and we kept two of our old PCs (from when we upgraded to new oes) for the kids. Then DH has his MacBook for work. It can get quite noisy in the computer room on weekends!

No new posts 19-03-2010 13:51 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

LB, she's a rescue that we've only had for just over a month. So far she's not destroyed anything but a shoelace,however she does scratch at the carpet or anything else if one of her toys gets buried.

Marie, my kids know not to touch my computer unless they have a death wish. They can use my hubby's that's already messed up, either by him or them.

TJ, that's my plan. If we can ever afford to upgrade before one crashes completely, the kids get it. Although, I have two that are fairly realistic and have started to save up for their own. Unfortunately, at the pace they are saving, they might both be in high school.

No new posts 19-03-2010 15:14 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Wait until after Christmas. That's usually when the good deals are available. The retailers are trying to get rid of the excess stock. (It will give your kids and you a goal to shoot for.)

No new posts 19-03-2010 22:59 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

I actually rent my new one. It's $70 per month, but if anything goes wrong it gets repaired for free (and I get a loaner whilst it's being fixed) or replaced. I also get 3 montsh free rental if I upgrade before the end of the rental period.

I can also buy it out at the end of the period for $1.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 19-03-2010 23:05 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: