Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Are HD Receivers More Trouble Than They Worth
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Are HD Receivers More Trouble Than They Worth
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Swan_Jun Swan_Jun is a Male

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 31-01-2010

spacer
Are HD Receivers More Trouble Than They Worth Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hey,

i know i have been ranting a lot in this section but everybody is so calm and willing to listen that i really love everybody's input on my problems.

here's the problem. My family got a direct TV high def DVR and we have clear picture. but when i tried to watch a recorded mighty morphin power rangers the reciver totally locked up! I tried to reset the reciver but to no avail. I Don't know what to do.

Here's To Your Health

BIRD GO!

No I don't Suffer From A Swan Obsession. Being a Swan Is Graceful and beautiful

No new posts 14-03-2010 21:47 Swan_Jun is offline Send an Email to Swan_Jun Search for Posts by Swan_Jun Add Swan_Jun to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: God_phoenix45 YIM Screenname: Shadow_ranger2004 MSN Screenname: Cockatiel_2007
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm assuming you have a new one? I've had one for a while now and haven't had any issues with it locking up... just really slow responding to changing channels.. Thinking

No new posts 14-03-2010 23:59 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I would probably not bother with HD, after all the next thing coming is 3D and you may find that after upgrading most HD readies won't work with the newer 3D.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 15-03-2010 15:46 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer

Hmm I have a DirecTV HD DVR, and I had no problems for a good 2 years before it started locking up.

They sent me an older refurbished model and it did the same thing.

They then sent a new one and suggested plugging it into its own socket (no power strip). And for good measure I got one of those single power surge protectors for it.

I've had virtually no problems since (this was probably, maybe, 6 months ago)

Hope this helps ^_^

No new posts 15-03-2010 19:26 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: