Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Fighter » Gatch F on You Tube 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatch F on You Tube 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Gatch F on You Tube Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm sure that many of you may be aware that there are Gatch II and Gatch F episodes on You Tube. I've been watching several of the Gatch F eps (esp the ending) and of course they are Japanese with Korean (I think) subtitles.

I was watching episode 37- where Ken slaps Jun (in a flashback), and later in the ep, Jun slaps Ken.

Here it is:
Gatch F ep 37

Does anyone know what he is saying to her when he slaps her...and what she says to him when she slaps him/ (I do hear "baka"- so I'm guessing she is calling him stupid- LOL)

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 05-03-2010 at 01:55.
No new posts 05-03-2010 01:54 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've obviously been hunting through the series to find more Ken/ Jun (or Joe/ Jun) stuff...

I remember hearing about this, but I've never seen this...Ken is reeeealllly upset when Jun collapses.

Look at about 2:15

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 05-03-2010 at 02:40.
No new posts 05-03-2010 02:36 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Both II and F are also on Veoh.

No new posts 05-03-2010 02:39 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
RE: Gatch F on You Tube Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
I was watching episode 37- where Ken slaps Jun (in a flashback), and later in the ep, Jun slaps Ken.

Does anyone know what he is saying to her when he slaps her

Minazuki, in an older thread, translated the Ken-slapping-Jun scene in ep. 37 like this:

From episode#37 (This is Jun's flashback) Jun is standing at the edge of a cliff. About 15 or so goons are lined up, with guns aimed at her. She backs up a little, but realizes she can't back up much further, as part of the ground she is standing on breaks off, and falls into the ocean below. She draws out her own gun, but it's quickly shot out of her hand by one of the goons.

Jun: This is impossible... I can't win this one...

Goon: Hehehe... Die! (The goons get ready to fire.)

(Suddenly, Ken attacks the goons from behind, using kicks and punches. When all of them are down, Jun, smiling with tears of joy in her eyes, runs up to Ken.)

Jun: Ken!

(Ken slaps her. Holding a hand up to her cheek, Jun bows her head.)

Ken: Why did you give up without putting up a fight? Nothing is more foolish than giving up the will to live. I wont allow you to die on your own. When we die, we die together.

(Starry scene here)

I so wish there were complete English translations of Gatch II and Gatch F!

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 05-03-2010 at 04:34.
No new posts 05-03-2010 04:32 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

LB ... the translation you sent regarding the part when Ken slapped Jun is just right! That's exactly what he had told her. Regarding the part when Jun slapped him back, I have to watch the episode again to translate it exactly ... I can't promise I'll do it today but I'll do my best! Basically, as I can recall, she literally reminds him of the same words he had told her before, that is he's acting like a fool and that when they die, they have to die together. This she threw back to his face because he wanted to go and fight together with the others instead of accepting to begin the new treatment Dr Nambu and Jun herself fought so hard to bring back to him from a distant laboratory.

Regarding Episode 47, the part when Jun collapses ... Ken shouted out her name with a heartwrenching call. I mentioned this part when we were discussing the Ken/Jun relationship in another thread and how this call of his made me sure that he really cared about her more than he or she could ever think! I must admit that the last episodes of Gatch F were really sad and full of emotion ... that's why I liked them, even though I so wished for much more of a happy ending!

No new posts 05-03-2010 07:15 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks so much, guys! I didn't remember Minazuki's translation! I had a feeling that Jun was throwing his own words back at him, though. This is great stuff!

No new posts 05-03-2010 10:54 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Ken was right though, in that scene. Jun is a trained fighter. She should have gone down fighting, even if she felt the odds were against her. She's not a damsel in distress who needs to be rescued, IYKWIM. That's the only thing that saves that scene for me.

No new posts 05-03-2010 14:36 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Ken was right though, in that scene. Jun is a trained fighter. She should have gone down fighting, even if she felt the odds were against her. She's not a damsel in distress who needs to be rescued, IYKWIM. That's the only thing that saves that scene for me.

I like to think that that scene was put up just to use it again when Jun slaps Ken back. The Swan deserved more honor, though! They made her look quite feeble even if she was going through a hard time and perhaps her morale was a bit down! She was a fighter!

No new posts 05-03-2010 19:28 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Springie, as I promised I've translated, in the best way I could, the part in Episode 37 in which Jun slaps Ken. Please be reminded that I'm translating from the Italian dubbed episodes so I don't know if the Italian dub in itself is the exact translation from the Japanese language! ...

On the rooftop, Jun walked up to Ken after jumping off the jet which had just landed. Behind the Eagle where the other three Teammates who had not previously managed to make him stay put in order not to facilitate the progression of his disease. Instead, Ken had wanted to go out and fight Galactor in Dr. Nambu's aid.

Before uttering a single word, the Swan raised her hand and slapped him in the face (by the sound, the slap seemed quite hard!). Ken reacted to the slap by gasping and putting his hand on his cheek. He was left astounded and dumbfounded.

"Do you think that by behaving like this you're acting like a good commander?" she asked him, quite bitterly.

"Why do you think Dr Nambu is fighting?" she insisted in asking, referring to Hakase whom she left behind fighting Galactor just to speed up time in making the new treatment available for the Eagle. "He is fighting for you ... he's fighting because he wants you to live and you're doing everything you can to make your life shorter! You're acting like a fool and you're not able to comprehend the gravity of the situation. Nothing is more stupid than to throw away one's life! And I won't let you die alone! Us members of the Science Ninja Team will die together. No one can separate us because our mission is to fight Galactor!"

Tears welled in her eyes. She closed them and bowed her head. "It's because of this that we have to remain united!"

Ken also closed his eyes and bowed his head at his own turn. Ryu and Jinpei walked to his side. He opened his eyes to acknowledge them to go and he closed them again. Then, Joe walked up and put a comforting hand on the Eagle's shoulder before following the others.

The Swan turned, still not looking at Ken's face, to follow Joe and started to walk away from her Commander.

"Jun, ...," Ken called out after her, "... please, forgive me!"

"There's no need!" Jun said firmly, still giving Ken her back.

Then, with her voice on the verge of breaking, she said, "I have to go!" and she ran, leaving Ken behind as he looked at the rest of the Team as they departed to help Dr. Nambu.

"My dear friends!" the Eagle said, as tears ran down his cheeks, his hair being swept away from his face by the whirlwind generated from the departing jet's engine. "Thank you, my friends!"

P.S ... sorry for any mistakes!

No new posts 05-03-2010 21:06 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Ooooo, you do such a good job gatchamarie! And such a poignant scene. Thank you for the translation.

I think Ken uses that we will die together line with every member of the team. I think it is about time someone threw it back in his face, Wink and Jun is probably the best person to do that.

No new posts 05-03-2010 22:34 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh, that was fabulous!!! Go, Jun!!

THANK YOU so much Gatchamarie!!

No new posts 05-03-2010 23:08 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You're welcome, girls! With those hard words and poise Jun surely redeemed herself from her imposed, sucking part in which she was pictured so feeble! WTG for the Swan!

CD, you're right in saying that Ken always said that phrase to everyone, even from the very beginning of Gatchaman, but this scene with Jun was another case ... I felt there were a lot more of emotions involved and going on! Oooh ... I can't help imagining Ken and Jun losing themselves in a warm embrace and continuing by finally consuming their love after the long moment during which they stood staring at each other in the starry scene! Luvu1

No new posts 06-03-2010 07:49 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: