Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchaman Episode 25 - The Magma Giant, Emperor of Hell
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Episode 25 - The Magma Giant, Emperor of Hell
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

quote:
Thanks, James! I didn't realize that Zark had specified the location of his Ready Room, other than 'Research Center'.

Actually, he specifies that his rooms are not part of Research Center, otherwise his rooms would have been destroyed along with Research Center. By establishing at the last minute (As "Invasion of Space Center" was the last two episodes of BotP produced) that Center Neptune was part of a larger complex of multiple buildings, they could destroy the building that they had made everyone think was Center Neptune in the previous 83 episodes (But was actually Research Center) without destroying Zark.

James

No new posts 04-07-2009 04:45 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I can hear Zarks voice saying something along the lines of "Here at the top of Center Neptune, the nerve center of....." I am not exactly sure what he says, or where (which eps.) he says it, but I do remember that comment.

And trust me Zark is not a voice I want echoing in my head. Now the Eagle on the other hand .... Luvu1

Thank you James for the clarification. For some reason I always took his "observation room" to be at the top, but it does make sense for him to have several rooms at the top. I don't know why I did not think about that as a child though.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 04-07-2009 at 13:39.
No new posts 04-07-2009 13:37 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I guess that puts Zark out of the way of everyone else! Wink

No new posts 04-07-2009 16:27 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

*shudder* Please don't do that to me.
"Some one please make the voice go away." Cloud moans.

No new posts 04-07-2009 17:44 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer

Um.... what is it saying, CD?

No new posts 04-07-2009 17:50 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Cloud ignore zark you have an eagle and an owl wanting to whisper to you insteead Wink

No new posts 04-07-2009 17:54 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer

Um.... what is it saying, CD?

Well lets see it starts ....

"this is Zark here deep beneath the sea in Center Neptune ..." and drones on from there about needing to wash screens (windows) and feed Rover.- yap, yap, yap...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 04-07-2009 at 17:58.
No new posts 04-07-2009 17:58 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Firebird
Cloud ignore zark you have an eagle and an owl wanting to whisper to you insteead Wink

Thank you FB, that is what I will do listen for the Eagle's and Owls voice instead.

No new posts 04-07-2009 18:00 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
JohngPR JohngPR is a Male
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-02-2010

spacer

Watching this episode with my son was equal parts awkward and hilarious.

When he saw Magma Jesus, my son said, "Uh....why does that monster look like Jesus?"

LOL

No new posts 04-03-2010 02:55 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by JohngPR

When he saw Magma Jesus, my son said, "Uh....why does that monster look like Jesus?"

LOL

Although Christianity was brought to Japan in around the 16th Century (okay, I'm winging it), it never supplanted the indigenous religious faiths or Buddhism. It was brought by Europeans who were not backed by conquering armies. As a result, there was no reason the rulers and people of Japan to convert. So it never had a chance to permeate the culture.

As a practical result, it means the Japanese can use Christianity in fiction in ways no European or American would even dare to hint at. Neon Genesis Evangelion used quite a bit of Christian and Kabbalistic imagery, and the title itself is literally Greek (a translation of the Japanese). Can you imagine an American getting away with 'New Beginnings Gospel' as a title, and a premise of Earth being attacked by angels and defended by children piloting giant robots (who have their mother's souls)? Don't think so.

Oh, and 'Evangelion' was produced by Tatsunoko.

No new posts 04-03-2010 03:21 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:

Well, more like it was a Gainax production done in cooperation with Tatsunoko, who provided production facilities and support for the series. But, yes, Tatsunoko was involved with the creation of Evangelion.

James

No new posts 04-03-2010 03:39 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
'New Beginnings Gospel' as a title, and a premise of Earth being attacked by angels and defended by children piloting giant robots (who have their mother's souls)

That's an excellent and concise description of Neon Genesis Evangelion! I own it but I haven't watched it in a couple years. One of these days, I'll have to do it again and see if I can make more sense of it...

No new posts 04-03-2010 06:26 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JohngPR

LOL

Although Christianity was brought to Japan in around the 16th Century (okay, I'm winging it), it never supplanted the indigenous religious faiths or Buddhism. It was brought by Europeans who were not backed by conquering armies. As a result, there was no reason the rulers and people of Japan to convert. So it never had a chance to permeate the culture.

As a practical result, it means the Japanese can use Christianity in fiction in ways no European or American would even dare to hint at. Neon Genesis Evangelion used quite a bit of Christian and Kabbalistic imagery, and the title itself is literally Greek (a translation of the Japanese). Can you imagine an American getting away with 'New Beginnings Gospel' as a title, and a premise of Earth being attacked by angels and defended by children piloting giant robots (who have their mother's souls)? Don't think so.

Actually about 90% of Japanese will claim being Christian... And about 90% will claim they are Buddhists... And about that will claim they are Shintoists...

I love the Japanese idea of religion - there's room for them all, regardless of how much the ideologies might conflict with each other. Somehow they just make it work. The rest of the world could learn something from the Japanese when it comes to religious tolerance!

No new posts 04-03-2010 07:46 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by green
The rest of the world could learn something from the Japanese when it comes to religious tolerance!

You're so right, Green! Also considering the fact that all religions, at the end, lead to mostly the same criteria (after eliminating most of the extremes that could also be found).

No new posts 04-03-2010 20:54 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
'New Beginnings Gospel' as a title, and a premise of Earth being attacked by angels and defended by children piloting giant robots (who have their mother's souls)

That's an excellent and concise description of Neon Genesis Evangelion! I own it but I haven't watched it in a couple years. One of these days, I'll have to do it again and see if I can make more sense of it...

Go over to TV Tropes dot org. They have some entries for the show. That's how I found out about the EVA units.

No new posts 04-03-2010 23:11 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Put back in its place.

No new posts 27-04-2010 13:29 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: