Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Gatchaman Voice Actors Honored
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Voice Actors Honored
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Gatchaman Voice Actors Honored Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

At the 4th Annual Seiyu Awards, a trio of voice actors who worked on Gatchaman are going to be honored with Lifetime Achievement Awards for their voice work. The three include:

Kazuko Sugiyama, who was the voice of Jun.

Nobuo Tanaka, who was the voice of Governor X.

Tessho Genda, who was the voice of numerous guest characters throughout the first series, including both Masaki and Oniishi, Gallactor Members and Captains, I.S.O. scientists, and dozens of minor characters (I can supply a list of his characters, if you really care).

The awards ceremony will be held on March 6th in the UDX Theater in Akihabara region of Tokyo's Chiyoda Ward.

Congratulations to these fine actors!

James

No new posts 18-02-2010 03:54 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Animeparty They deserve it!

No new posts 18-02-2010 10:08 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Congratulations to all three of them.

Thank you for the information James.

And Gatchamarie is correct, they do deserve it for all the hard work and entertainment they provide.

No new posts 18-02-2010 13:39 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Thanks for passing this on, James. I'm glad these actors will get the recognition they deserve, as well as appreciation for what they helped create in all of us, the fans of the show.

No new posts 18-02-2010 14:42 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

That's great news! Party4 Party1

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 18-02-2010 20:54 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

It's so nice to see them recognized for their great work! I hope some photos of them at the ceremony make it to the internet -I like to see it.

Clap

No new posts 19-02-2010 00:43 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer

Pretty awesome, have other Gatchaman voice actors already received the award in prior ceremonies, James?

No new posts 19-02-2010 06:56 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
have other Gatchaman voice actors already received the award in prior ceremonies

Yes, a few have.

In the first awards ceremony, the award was given to Toru Ohira, who was the voice of Dr. Nambu. The winner of the Special Lifetime Achievement Award, given to honor voice actors who have passed away, went to Kei Tomiyama, who was the voice of Alan and Begger (2) in Gatchaman #81, and Mekkel in Gatchaman #98. Starting with the second awards ceremony, the "Kei Tomiyama Award" was added to the festivities. This award is given to the person who has done the most to promote voice acting in the media during the past year.

In the second awards ceremony, the award was given to Nachi Nozawa, who was the voice of Arthur Kelly in Gatchaman #46.

Alas, none of the honorees during the third awards ceremony had any Gatchaman connection.

James

No new posts 19-02-2010 17:08 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Well, the awards ceremony was held this last weekend. I haven't been able to find any video from the event, only some articles listing who the winners in all the categories were. One article did include this picture of the winners:

Sadly, the picture is small enough that I cannot tell you which ones are Ms. Sugiyama, Mr. Tanaka, and Mr. Genda. If I find more later, I'll post it here.

James

No new posts 09-03-2010 01:44 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Thank you for keeping us updated, James! Thanks

No new posts 09-03-2010 02:35 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Thanks for the pic, James -it looks like it was a very well-done event, as everyone is so nicely dressed.

Actually, it reminds me of the Academy Awards (some of which I watched last night).

No new posts 09-03-2010 03:11 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer

Awesomeness!

No new posts 09-03-2010 05:32 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Thanks for posting, James!

No new posts 09-03-2010 07:05 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: