Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Crawl, crawl, crawl...THUMP!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Crawl, crawl, crawl...THUMP!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Crawl, crawl, crawl...THUMP! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Springie crawls in and collapses on the floor...

[pant, pant] I'm finally back! My computer contracted another nasty virus...and I'm still not sure what happened! But I had to wipe my compute clean...that means everything is gone...all of my pictures...all of my documents...Photoshop...Microsoft Office...everything...

I'll get it back....gradually...
Luckily, most of my stuff is on the net...so I'll just have to start over.

I'm just soooo happy to have my net back!!! I may have to beg for some Gatch links from you guys again, though...

Grouphug Oh, how I missed my Gatchy friends!!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 13-02-2010 17:52 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Springie, that's horrible! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I just recently got Carbonite, an online back-up system, in fear of losing one of my books after a year of hard work. I'd never survive it. It came highly recommended.

No new posts 13-02-2010 18:05 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh no! I hope you get things back! I have some of it, so hopefully I can help. Huggles

I know you've had a lot of computer issue lately. Hopefully this will finally fix it all!

No new posts 13-02-2010 19:58 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks, Becky- I am very sad about it, but I know I can build things back up over time...just don't expect any artwork from me anytime soon...Mecry

Power glomp TJ!!! Hey, when you get a minute, could you send me some of our old links? There were a few that I couldn't find...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 13-02-2010 20:19 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

I know exactly what you're suffering Springie - except mine was so bad that I ended up getting a new computer (well, needed one).

Can't stress too much - backup backup backup.

I bought myself a 4gb USB memory stick (only $16) and transferred my entire "My Documents" file onto it - well all except for 2 folders which I discovered have stuff that I need.

I am annoyed though - I was trying to backup my e-mail but it wouldn't work so when I get one of my tecchies to retreive all the stuff, they will try to get that off as well.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 13-02-2010 21:15 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

We're so reliant on technology now, things like this are bound to happen, thanks to Murphy's Law.

That's why I still have a majority of my writing in hard copy in boxes. Old fashioned.

No new posts 14-02-2010 00:58 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Sorry to hear the bad news Springie. I hope you are able to quickly recover your files and that you have lost nothing work related.

No new posts 14-02-2010 01:41 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Thanks, Becky- I am very sad about it, but I know I can build things back up over time...just don't expect any artwork from me anytime soon...Mecry

Power glomp TJ!!! Hey, when you get a minute, could you send me some of our old links? There were a few that I couldn't find...

What do you mean you will not have any artwork for us soon???? I expected you to say that since you were not able to get onto the Gatch sites you were busy drawing pictures. j/k Huggles

No new posts 14-02-2010 01:43 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

I'm so sorry to hear so, Springie! Hope you'll be back on your feet soon! We too had some problems with our computer lately! My DH had to reformat it again twice since it had become corrupted without knowing the source! It's funny, though, as this thing is happening every time we have a Windows update! Fortunately enough, we have the habit of making backups frequently, just in case, but we've lost all our latest incoming and outgoing mail! Regarding the fact of not seeing any artwork from your part in the near future ... Crying6 !

No new posts 14-02-2010 10:01 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for the well wishes, guys! Huggles I'm going to try to download GIMP and learn it...at least until I can buy Photoshop again...

No new posts 14-02-2010 13:36 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie

N/P, Baybee! On their way!

No new posts 14-02-2010 15:36 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I'm so glad you're back, Springie! I'm so sorry you had to have your computer wiped though!

I hope you're able to get your art, fics and vital programs (esp. Photoshop) resaved/reloaded before too long. Huggles

No new posts 14-02-2010 16:35 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: