Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Fun facts about Gatchaman!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fun facts about Gatchaman!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Fun facts about Gatchaman! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I don't know if there's a thread like this already, but this thread will be for any fun facts that we know about Gatchaman that certain others might not know. Anyway. In ADV's re-dub of Gatchaman, Berg Katse is played by Edwin Neal, who I best know as playing Dr. Guilty in another one of my favorite animes:Steam Detectives. But to others, he's best known as the crazy hitch hiker from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original one). Yeah, it's the same guy.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by AllentownDarkWater on 01-02-2010 at 06:14.
No new posts 01-02-2010 06:10 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Okay, since we're on voice acting the guy who does Joe's voice in the Gatchaman OAVs is the same guy who plays Hunter's voice in Eagle Riders.

No new posts 01-02-2010 14:32 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I don't remember. It should say on Wikipedia.

No new posts 01-02-2010 22:27 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
the guy who does Joe's voice in the Gatchaman OAVs is the same guy who plays Hunter's voice in Eagle Riders.

Richard Cansino isn't the only Eagle Riders/Urban Vision OAV dub crossover. You've also got Mona Marshall (Voice of Mickey Dugan in Eagle Riders/Voice of Jimmy in the OAVS), Lara Cody (Voice of Dr. Aikens in Eagle Riders/voice of June in the OAVs), Richard Epcar (Voice Director and scriptwriter for Eagle Riders/Voice of Rocky in the OAVs), Tom Wyner (Scriptwriter for Eagle Riders/Voice of Dr. Donaldson in OAV Vol. 2), Steve Kramer (Writer and Voice Director for Eagle Riders/Writer and Director for the OAVs), and Melora Harte (Scriptwriter for Eagle Riders/Voice of Miscellaneous Characters in Vol. 1 of the OAVs, as well as the Casting Director for all three volumes).

James

No new posts 01-02-2010 23:44 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

I knew about Ed Neal in 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre.' In my fic 'Rescue Mission', I gave Berg Katse a 'Tejas Chainsaw Massacre' T-shirt as an in-joke.

It puts all his lines about roasting and eating the team in a new light.

Look around a bit on this site, and you'll discover a few things that you didn't know. Such as that Katse was supposed to be a woman, and Leader X was her computer program.

No new posts 01-02-2010 23:47 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Richard Cansino isn't the only Eagle Riders/Urban Vision OAV dub crossover. You've also got Mona Marshall (Voice of Mickey Dugan in Eagle Riders/Voice of Jimmy in the OAVS), Lara Cody (Voice of Dr. Aikens in Eagle Riders/voice of June in the OAVs), Richard Epcar (Voice Director and scriptwriter for Eagle Riders/Voice of Rocky in the OAVs), Tom Wyner (Scriptwriter for Eagle Riders/Voice of Dr. Donaldson in OAV Vol. 2), Steve Kramer (Writer and Voice Director for Eagle Riders/Writer and Director for the OAVs), and Melora Harte (Scriptwriter for Eagle Riders/Voice of Miscellaneous Characters in Vol. 1 of the OAVs, as well as the Casting Director for all three volumes).

I didn't realize all of that! That's quite a link! Thank you for the information, James. Thanks

No new posts 01-02-2010 23:50 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

What did they do when they did the OAV? Start with the Eagle Riders people and fill in from there?

I've got to go back and listen. I knew about Richard Cansino, but he doesn't sound the same in each one to me.

No new posts 02-02-2010 00:28 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
What did they do when they did the OAV? Start with the Eagle Riders people and fill in from there?

I suspect a lot of it had to do with Steve Kramer and Melora Harte. Once they were hired by Urban Vision as the Writer/Director and Casting Director, they hired people they knew fom their work at Saban, which included many people who worked on Eagle Riders.

James

No new posts 02-02-2010 01:18 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I guess the Gatch world can be a small place sometimes! If I spent a lot of time watching Eagle Riders and the Gatchaman OAV, back and forth, it would probably bug me that "Hunter" and "Joe" sound the same.

I can see it now: Nikkatsu makes a live-action Gatchaman movie, another company gets the rights to dub it into English, the person in charge is ex-ADV...

Hearing, say, live-action Ken speaking with ADV Joe's voice would really confuse me!

No new posts 04-02-2010 04:35 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: