Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Make me laugh
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Make me laugh
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Make me laugh Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've had a dreadful past 2 weeks.

My husband became ill and was diagnosed with diabetes. He's lost a lot of weight and his sight has been temporarily - we pray - affected so much he can't drive.

I have a new boss who's goal in life is to hit all of my buttons and make me miserable.

Now all this talk that the Gatch movie is in even more doubtful.

I decided I needed to watch some movies and read some things to make me laugh. There are several fics that come to mind, so I got to wondering what everyone's favorite nose cola fic is.

One of my favorite is Bibby and Daniel Rush's BotP story Vanishing Act, although I don't think its ever been completed that I could find.

What's your favorite?

No new posts 30-01-2010 20:57 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Huggles Becky- I hope your husband is feeling better soon!

One of my favorite Zark fics immediately came to mind- it made me rofl the first time I read it!

It's one by Ms.AnnOMalley...

Too Hot for Zark

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 30-01-2010 23:42 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks, Springie. I hadn't read that in years.

I was 14 when BotP was first shown in the US. I have to say, at that time, I found Zark and Susan's banter perverted. They were robots, for crying out loud. But then again, I found some of the flirting between Mark and Princess funny.

Zark's interest in Princess made me wonder if he was the one who designed her uniform...

No new posts 31-01-2010 00:01 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I'm sorry things are tough for you right now, Becky! I hope your husband feels better soon, and that your new boss becomes easier to deal with. Huggles

Some fics that always get me laughing:

TJ's "Invasion of the G-Force Snatchers"

http://gatchfanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=670

Lori McDonald's "Josoushumisha Ninja Tai Gatchaman"

http://gatchfanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=486

TJ's "International Birds of Mystery"

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3331596/1/In...irds_of_Mystery

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 31-01-2010 at 00:32.
No new posts 31-01-2010 00:31 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Huggles Becky! I hope things get better for you and your DH.

As for fics that make me laugh, Springie already posted Too Hot for Zark, which is one of my favorites. I also love the entire Candy Wigglebutt series. Start with The Secret of Red Impulse and go on from there.

http://gatchfanfic.com/viewseries.php?seriesid=38

No new posts 31-01-2010 02:09 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks Ib and TJ! I've read at one time or another all of those but Lori's, but rereading is just as much fun. Each one has its own reason for being great.

TJ - how did you come up with the idea for Snatchers and Birds of Mystery?

No new posts 31-01-2010 02:17 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

I am so sorry to hear about your husband, Becky. My uncle is diabetic and my older sister often works in the field of diabetes so I can imagine what you're going through.

Just remember - right now you're being told all the really bad stuff, so you are warned about what MAY happen - it is not absolute.

Find a doctor that deals with a lot of diabetic patients, follow their advice. Seek medical attention BEFORE symptoms become issues (they will, regardless of how small they are - it's one of the problems with diabetes, things don't just go away). And finally, don't forget this is not a life sentence! More often than not, a few simple lifestyle changes and medication will mean a long, healthy and happy life - you just have to be smart about it.

As for my favourite nose-cola fics, many of them have already been mentioned, but I'll add a few more that always makes me laugh or just plain feel good...

http://www.gatchfanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=334 is 'Operation: Mad Dog' by Ennien. I still giggle at the words 'target practice', regardless of the context.

http://www.gatchfanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=121 is 'Overheard' by Janet Coleman Sides. Maybe it's just my sense of humour but I still laugh even though I've read it at least a dozen times.

http://www.gatchfanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=487 is 'Things That Go Bump in the Night' by Lori McDonald and Harlock. I know that a copious amount of alcohol had to have been harmed in the making of that one.

http://www.gatchfanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=726 is 'Security Report' from our very own Madilyn. Short and sweet with a right nose-cola punch. Can't beat it to set me laughing and wanting more!

http://www.gatchfanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=524 is 'A Week in the Life' by Ghost Owl. The ending always leaves me feeling like there is always hope.... a little sappy, but...

No new posts 31-01-2010 03:18 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Sorry to hear about your husband, Becky. As Green has already said, although it's tough enough already for all of you, it's more a change in lifestyle than a life sentence. My husband's dad had three consecutive angina attacks just three weeks ago and diabetes has exploded from that day onwards ... he never had problems before but he had a very bad diet. Today, thanks God, he's fine and he's like living from anew with a new dietary plan and a new vision of life. Hope that things will eventually turn well for you and your husband and, remember, always talk about your feelings ... it helps, especially when there are many ears that would be more than happy to hear and help like there are over here!Huggles

As regards to nose cola fics ... many of the best, if not all, have already been listed! I'll add just one ... it's one of my favorites because it's a sequel to Gatch F (if you do not already know me well ... I'm an enthusiast of Gatch F!!).

http://www.gatchfanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=341

No new posts 31-01-2010 10:58 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

I do hope your husband's health stabilises soon and his eyesight gets better.

If it's any consolation, most of my husband's family are diabetic, and they are doing quite well in general. Good diet appears to be absolutely key to staying healthy.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 31-01-2010 12:26 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
TJ - how did you come up with the idea for Snatchers and Birds of Mystery?

Well, International Bird of Mystery was specifically because Springie and I were giggling on IM one night about silly Gatch things, and we started talking about Austin Powers, and that grew into a discussion of jokes about Austin Powers/Gatch, and the fic idea was born. A lot of my material for that fic came from our late night silly IF.

Invasion of the G-Force Snatchers was because I wanted to do a Halloween fic (I never really got around to a proper Halloween fic) and thought about the Spectrans coming and taking over G-Force's bodies. Then that grew into an idea for *******SPOILER ALERT****** Mark to switch places with Zoltar. I was thinking of a humorous fic where they would each experience each other's life and find out how miserable it was, and be incredibly grateful when they were back. Except... thanks to weird things happening with Mark's cerebonic implant, once they returned to their own bodies, neither of them would remember what had happened, and they would be all confused by the changes that had happened to their environment while they were 'gone', like Mark finding his broken window and sparklingly clean house and the strange list by his computer, and Zoltar finding that his gold-plated toilet-seat was missing and his entire bathroom had been scrawled with graffiti using his own lipsticks.

Clearly that ending didn't materialize, because when I was getting close to wrapping up the fic, I came up with another, slightly more serious, idea. And then the entire ending was reinvented on the spot. I only had to go back and make minor changes to the first half to carry through the continuity. But thaty's why that fic ended up being so long.

No new posts 31-01-2010 15:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie
Sorry to hear about your husband, Becky. As Green has already said, although it's tough enough already for all of you, it's more a change in lifestyle than a life sentence. My husband's dad had three consecutive angina attacks just three weeks ago and diabetes has exploded from that day onwards ... he never had problems before but he had a very bad diet. Today, thanks God, he's fine and he's like living from anew with a new dietary plan and a new vision of life. Hope that things will eventually turn well for you and your husband and, remember, always talk about your feelings ... it helps, especially when there are many ears that would be more than happy to hear and help like there are over here!Huggles

As regards to nose cola fics ... many of the best, if not all, have already been listed! I'll add just one ... it's one of my favorites because it's a sequel to Gatch F (if you do not already know me well ... I'm an enthusiast of Gatch F!!).

http://www.gatchfanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=341

Marie, I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law. That's one of the things that's hard about this - it just hit out of nowhere. Greg's 45, which to me is too young for it, but I know there are many kids out there fighting it and age really doesn't matter and that makes me sad.

With two weeks of medication and a much changed diet, his blood sugar numbers have improved so that the last 3 days have been in his target range, but his eyesight still hasn't straightened out. He has several appointments tomorrow, so we hope to get more information about it.

No new posts 31-01-2010 19:04 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks to everyone for their support.Huggles

I've been having fun reading and rereading all these fics.

Now if I could just get my boss to take a hike...

No new posts 31-01-2010 19:11 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
That's one of the things that's hard about this - it just hit out of nowhere. Greg's 45, which to me is too young for it, but I know there are many kids out there fighting it and age really doesn't matter and that makes me sad.

Any illness is unpleasant and dreadful, Becky, no matter when or how it strikes. But, it's true ... the younger the person is the more is the frustration, especially when kids and formerly healthy young persons are concerned. I always try to think that things could have been much worse if there's the chance to think positively and that, as a consolation, there are a lot of people in the world that are in a more sad position. But, at the end, everyone feels his own weight and has to carry it. But, you'll see that things will turn out better and that you will cope with the situation under a new light.

No new posts 31-01-2010 19:55 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

quote:

Now if I could just get my boss to take a hike...

Well, this is a different situation for anyone involved in something like it....

I'm lucky as I run a non-trade department that answers to only one person in the store - and that isn't the store manager. I then answer to someone higher than the store manager, so the few times he has tried the "I'm the Store Manager and you will do this, that or the other.." I've always used the good old, learned at the Condor's knee as a child, 'yeah, whatever' attitude because I know I can appeal higher up if necessary...

My proudest moment was telling him to get the f**k out of my office or I would stop his salary going into the bank that week...

It's a nice feeling to have a safety net.... Or a really good threat that they are fairly certain you will follow through on, just because you're you and they aren't entirely sure you're not just pure evil on legs....

I should mention that my store manager is a good guy and we get along well, generally speaking. My line manager is a sweetheart, and the guy we all answer to is a really nice guy and one of the best managers I have ever worked with...

Told you I'm lucky - and I know it! Just pray that this one moves on quickly and you get someone a little more personable. I don't know why there is this general belief that you have to be nasty to get people to work hard for you. A simple please gets more out of someone than a dressing down....

No new posts 01-02-2010 10:19 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The witch has let her position go to her head and if you argue with her, she writes you up for insubordination (this is the US govt civilian with no military affiliation), escpecially when you tell her to get out of your office. When she called me into her office with her boss to tell me she had written me up, I sat there and laughed. It was better than telling her to jump off a bridge because she didn't know what to make of it. I ended it with 'Whatever' and went back to do my job, which I do damn well and am the only one right now who can do it. That's what gets me the most - if I can get out of there, they're up a creek. Then they had the nerve to ask me to take another position with more responsibility and extend 2 more years and I said HELL NO, I have enough stress without dealing with her ego.

plan to take a few extra days off here and there and ignore her the best I can for the year I have left in that department if I can't get out sooner.

Winning trhe lottery would really be nice.

No new posts 01-02-2010 19:34 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Sorry for the above rant, but I have some good news.

The optomitrist said the outisde of Greg's eyes are swollen due to the sugar, affecting his pupils the most. It should correct itself over the next 4-6 weeks. In the meantime, he's not allowed to drive, so I get to drive him all over.

Hope he doesn't get too used to it.

No new posts 02-02-2010 00:40 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm glad that at least this is something that will go away (eventuially). I hope driving him around doesn' cause you too much stress, Becky! Huggles

No new posts 02-02-2010 01:33 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

He's going to owe me, TJ! I hear the call of a day at the spa.

No new posts 02-02-2010 02:05 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Don't worry about the rant Becky ... that is why we are here, to listen. I am glad to hear that the problem will correct itself and as TJ says I hope the taxi-ing around does not create to many difficulties for you.

When I first started to read, I thought you were going to say you would now get the car for yourself.

No new posts 02-02-2010 02:07 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm very glad hearing some optimistic news, Becky! What you need now is some more patience. Please try to take care of yourself also in the meantime.

No new posts 02-02-2010 08:10 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: