Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » Think there will be a US-released Gatchaman game once the movie comes out next year?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Think there will be a US-released Gatchaman game once the movie comes out next year?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Think there will be a US-released Gatchaman game once the movie comes out next year? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

There's only two Gatchaman video games I know of, and none of them ever came out over here. I don't know why there wasn't more. Gatchaman would've made an awesome arcade beat 'em up (ala Final Fight, Streets of Rage). You think we'll finally get one over here once the movie comes out next year? I'd love to see one. Hopefully it won't suck.

No new posts 25-01-2010 00:28 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The movie's future looks grim. Problems at Imagi, in addition to development hell.

No new posts 25-01-2010 00:46 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Damn, I heard something about that. I'm hoping it will be turned around, because I don't want the project canned.

No new posts 25-01-2010 00:57 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

There have been several Gatchaman-specific video games, though none of them have been for the arcade. The closest to that would probably be the two Gatchaman pachinko games and the pachislot game (Which were in pachinko parlors, not arcades, of course). Though not video games in the strictest sense, these games incorporated video game-like aspects into them, thanks to small monitor screens built into the game units.

For the Playstation, there was Gatchaman: The Shooting, and for the Playstation 2 there was an recreation of the Gatchaman Pachislot game. Playstation also had Tatsunoko Fight, which as a fighting game in the Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom vein, featuring the lead characters and main villains from the main Tatsunoko hero series. The first Gatchaman-related video game was actually a BotP game created for the long-gone Spectrum Holobyte game system in the U.K. back in 1984.

For the home computer, there was a Gatchaman game created for the PC-9800 (A computer platform in Japan that died out in the late 1990s) and the OAV-based Gatchaman Access for the for both Mac and PCs (Though you had to be running Japanese Windows to be able to play it on a PC).

There have also been a few internet-based games. The one best known here is probably the short-lived BotP game that was available a few years ago, and some of you may remember the Korean "Eagle 5 Brothers" game with the chibi-esque characters that came out a couple of years ago. During the NTT Gatchaman Campaign, there were several games on the accompanying website for people to play. If you managed to complete the games, you got the chance to download prizes, like an NTT-based screensaver or wallpaper. There was also the online BotP game that game along unannounced and disappeared the day the contract with the company expired. It was pretty awful.

If the movie is made, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a video game based on it, but I would expect it to be for a home video system, not an arcade game.

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 05-04-2010 at 00:49.
No new posts 25-01-2010 01:00 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer

Well since we're on the subject, this little interview with Capcom suggested that there could be more Tatsunoko+Capcom collaborations (actual original Tatsunoko games, not necessarily crossovers)
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=111535

But yeah if the Gatchaman movie does still come out, I imagine it'll have a quick tie in like Astro Boy did.

No new posts 25-01-2010 04:56 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

I'm becoming more aware about how much more hearts tend to be broken if the Gatchaman movie were not to make it! Is there a way to make our voice being heard?!

No new posts 25-01-2010 09:44 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: