Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » The God Phoenix Cockpit
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The God Phoenix Cockpit
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

quote:
Why would Kens shack have the WC in the same room as the bath?

(I always thought the Japanese were dead against such arrangements)

If you look at all of the floorplans, you'll see that they all have that arrangement. Since those floorplans were created by Japanese fans, I would have to say that modern Japanese aren't as dead against such things as you had been led to believe.

James

No new posts 23-10-2008 16:58 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Either that, or the KNT are more 'westernized' than they might appear. Wink

No new posts 23-10-2008 19:08 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Tengu
Why would Kens shack have the WC in the same room as the bath?

(I always thought the Japanese were dead against such arrangements)

Until I saw the pic, I never really thought much about the layout of the shack. I just thought it was just one room and wasn't his home.

No new posts 23-10-2008 21:36 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Either that, or the KNT are more 'westernized' than they might appear. Wink

I guess so... because I didn't think much of what was next what! Seemed normal to me Smile

No new posts 23-10-2008 23:02 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

I know this thread is long dead, but I'm going to wade in anyway.

In most modern apartments in Japan, you will find the WC in with the bath. It's a space saver and that's what designers of very small living spaces are all about.

My first apartment just outside Tokyo had a separate WC and it was a major talking point among the Japanese teachers I worked with as it was unusual.

Just to give you an idea of how big my apartment was...

Think of a rectange 3 metres wide (under 10') and 7 metres long (roughly 22').
Add a sleeping loft over the entrance, WC and kitchen. This you reach by climbing a ladder in the living room.
The loft is 4 m ( about 13') by 2 m (6') and 1 metre high (3'). (which means the WC, entrance hall and kitchen fit into a slightly narrower rectange, 1.5m wide with ceiling height of 2 metres).
The bathroom complete with sink is a square - 1.5m on each side. The shower obviously is in the bath.
Outside the bathroom is the 'laundry', space to have a washing machine against the wall - another talking point. As I didn't have a balcony, my machine was INSIDE!!
The kitchen was sandwiched between washing machine, backed onto the toilet and was a corridor from the entrance hall to the bathroom. It consisted of two electric burners and a sink without a draining board. The prep area was a cutting board that fit over said sink... And I had cupboards under and above.

I haven't mentioned the intercom linked to the doorbell in the living room. Just in case you were too lazy to walk the 12' to see who was knocking at the door...

No new posts 19-01-2010 11:08 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Wow, that was a compact apartment, green! Rather like living in a trailer.

I was in Slovakia and the Czech Republic in 1995, and I recall a lot of places I saw there had the WC and the bathtub in separate rooms -something I had never encountered before.

No new posts 19-01-2010 12:54 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

In our fics, a lot of us have added rooms to the Phoenix - sick bay, galley, tiny bedrooms. Its clear in the cut away that they not only didn't exist, but I don't know where you'd put them. Yeah, there's some extra room visible in the screen shots, but enough for our extra rooms?

James, I second Rory about the book. You know we'd all be purchasing it!

No new posts 19-01-2010 22:14 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

In 'The Great Breakout Trick Operation', they use the GP as a fake Galactor ship. There has to be enough room in it to seat 200 people.

In my AU, I imagine it with this extra space for things like emergency rescue/evacuation (say, if they'd had failed to block the lava in the 'Gallack X' ep, and had to rescue the children in the orphanage), transport recovered items (such as gold bars), or transport specialized equipment they don't use very often. A rack with scuba gear could fit inside.

On the other hand, the show did sometimes have problems with scale. Some of those mecha seemed to go from big to humongous in the space of an eyeblink.

James, you should write that book. I'll proofread.

No new posts 19-01-2010 23:13 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
« previous  1  2  [3]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: