Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Those weird moments you have when Gatchaman just intrudes into real life....
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Those weird moments you have when Gatchaman just intrudes into real life....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer
Those weird moments you have when Gatchaman just intrudes into real life.... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Okay, so I may be going more insane than I already am, but I had a moment. You know what I mean. A moment when your imagination just adds things that shouldn't be there...

Blame this one on having a day off from work and not doing a whole lot more than listening to music and working on fics...

There I was, just re-reading a couple of things when the next song in the playlist popped up. 'When You're Good to Momma' from the Chicago Soundtrack - the Queen Latifah version.

Well, before I knew it my brain had Katse in full purpled glory shaking and shimmering his/her way through the song. Did a danged fine job of it too, I might add. And the goons doing backup weren't bad either...

The sad thing is that Katse doesn't actually appear in the fic I was working on. And there is absolutely no outside influence to be blamed beyond the minestrone and a banana I had for lunch...

Now, I've been listening to music most of the day and this is the only song that set my brain off - I can't find any reason to explain this odd occurence. So the only conclusion - besides total insanity - that I can come up with is that this just happens.

What I would like is if someone else shared their 'moment', just so I know I don't need to check myself in for a full psych exam pronto...

No new posts 06-01-2010 11:03 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh, Green! If you're insane than so am I ... and I think all the others (hope that no one beats me up for having said this on the their behalf!)!

Even so, I must admit that I have never had that vivid imagination to picture Katse actually taking part of a song by either singing or dancing! ... nor have I ever imagined Goons as backup! That should be quite hilarious! I do have a tendency to connect songs and their themes with the different characters, though! The most common for me are those love songs during which sometimes I visualize Ken and Jun thinking of each other, with a romantic background that enhances the scene (please note that this happens when I'm not thinking of my DH!)! I even like to include Egobossler, from Gatch F, in my imagination when I hear certain classic songs that include such instruments like violins or that emanate the sense of power and domination!

So, rest your mind, Green! You're not alone!

No new posts 06-01-2010 11:18 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hmmm ... I forgot to add this ...

Do you know how Gatchaman intruded into my real life just a few days ago?

I had just finished writing a small part of my fic in which a dialogue between Jun and Ken had been the main subject. As I was cooking dinner I continued to think about what I could have written next and I heard the key turning in the main door's keyhole ... it was my husband returning from work. As I called out to him in order for him to bring me something from the interconnecting garage before he made his way through the corridor and entered the kitchen, I realized that the first consonant that escaped my mouth was the letter "K" ... I was going to call my husband "Ken"! Thanks God I stopped just in time and that my DH was still far enough and unable to hear me well ... Gatchaman could have been responsible of an inevitable fight between husband and wife! Phew!

No new posts 06-01-2010 11:34 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

OOoooooooo. That could have been rather nasty... LOL.

I've always had a good imagination. When I'm reading a book I have the imagery running along in my head. In this case, though, when I realised what was going on in my head I helped it along a little - it was just too good to waste! lol

No new posts 06-01-2010 11:47 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I think we are all a little "insane". If you think about it we all dream and write about cartoon characters as though they were RL characters. Animejoy

And I too have moments when I want to call out one of the team members names. Especially if I have been deep into a new "story." I get a lot of new story ideas while driving, some times I will arrive home and want to call out one of the characters names when I call hello as I walk through the door.

No new posts 06-01-2010 14:03 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Lots of little things remind me of the show IRL. Whenever anything goes wrong, or does something stupid,it's always the work of goons. And living in California, the subject of Cndors comes up every so often... heck at Disneyland they even have a small area in California Adventure that's called 'Condor Flats'! And I just got off a *Princess* cruise ship... it's amazing how many little things can trigger it.

As for songs, Springie had this great one that she drew when she was inspired...

No new posts 06-01-2010 17:06 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I find that its certain lines in songs that set me off.

Leeann Rimes' (excuse the spelling) song 'I Hope You Dance', there's a line that says something to the affect "Don't fear those mountains in the distance' and I always thing of Joe looking at the Himalayas, then the rest of the song makes me think its being sung by a girl who fell in love with him but knew it could never work, so she's wishing him well.

The other is a Duran Duran song, can't think of the name, but many of the lines remind me of Wendy Dismore's 'Out of the Shadows', when Ken thinks he's going crazy seeing Joe everywhere. I think its 'Ordinary World'. One of the lines talks about having to get along in the ordinary world, which would be a problem for Gatchaman after fighting for intensely for so long. Another asks 'Where's my friend when I need him?'

No new posts 06-01-2010 22:29 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Ah, Becky, you have excellent taste if you like Duran Duran. Big Grin (Yes, I'm a child of the 80s...)

Actually, I wrote a songfic once because a Duran Duran song reminded me so much of Ken and Jun. I thought I was being so clever, then later I found out that there's a whole genre of fics that do the same thing... Sigh.

No new posts 06-01-2010 23:49 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

I'll have to dig it out for the exact title, but that song with the chorus 'Flying through the danger zone' (or something very similar) prompted thoughts of a Gatch music video. It has a lyric about 'red line overload' and others that just demand that someone make a video.

Green, look up the thread 'You know you've been watching too much Gatchaman when...' There are some funny ones there.

No new posts 07-01-2010 00:17 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That's the theme to the Top Gun movie. I think its called simple 'Danger Zone' by Kenny Loggins?

I love music and singing, but I'm lousy at the singing part and remembering the names of songs.

I also love the theme to the first Spiderman movie. I don't know what it had to do with Spiderman, but its'd be a perfect theme song for the Gatchaman movie. It has lines about 'flying with the eagles' and 'flying away'.

There's also a song on the same CD that I've interpreted as being about suicide and talks about being a zombie that reminds me of Jane Lebak's Scavenger story. I could have seen Jason writing the words to the song.

No new posts 07-01-2010 01:21 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

There was a fic challenge not too long ago to write a fic using Kenny Loggins' Danger Zone song. There were quite a few entries.

No new posts 07-01-2010 02:05 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
MrVampire MrVampire is a Male

I am a Galactor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-12-2009

spacer

Take that back! Stop saying Gachaman isn't real life. Nono2

Galactor Space Cats! Galactor

I'll write something else entertaining here eventually...

No new posts 07-01-2010 12:07 MrVampire is offline Send an Email to MrVampire Homepage of MrVampire Search for Posts by MrVampire Add MrVampire to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by MrVampire

And yet again, Galactor feebly attempts to hide the fact that it exists.

But all the while, under cover of the UN, a certain mustached, bespectacled scientist is creating a counter-force of top operatives...

No new posts 07-01-2010 14:44 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
Originally posted by MrVampire

And yet again, Galactor feebly attempts to hide the fact that it exists.

But all the while, under cover of the UN, a certain mustached, bespectacled scientist is creating a counter-force of top operatives...

I see a IF brewing here .....

No new posts 07-01-2010 14:50 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Instead of real life, how about movie life?

I have this habit of watching a movie and changing the storyline in my mind to become something dealing with the team.

I went to see Avatar with my son and it happened again. In my mind, I'm thinking its Spectra invading Pandora and an injured member of the team is sent to infiltrate to learn the true situation.

Does anyone else find themselves doing that and if so, to what movies?

No new posts 17-01-2010 23:51 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Lately, it has been a TV show I happened to sit down and watch called, "White Collar"...the main character reminds me of Ken, but he has more of a Joe attitude...and he keeps looking for his missing ex-girlfriend...who he still has the hots for...and she reminds me a little bit of Jun...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 18-01-2010 00:32 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: