Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Best Episode Featuring Tatsumaki Fighter? Hinotori?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Best Episode Featuring Tatsumaki Fighter? Hinotori?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer
Best Episode Featuring Tatsumaki Fighter? Hinotori? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hey guys need your all knowing advice and opinion.

Pretty much as the title says, is there a definitive episode you find to be the best representation of the trademark Hinotori/Firebird and Tatsumaki/Tornado Fighter?

I came across a video on Youtube comparing Karas' Moonlight Execution from his titular Anime series with the In-Game version from TvC. I did a Yatterman one already, and thought it'd be cool to do a Gatchaman one.

No new posts 03-01-2010 09:33 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Since you said and and not or, off the top of my head, I can't think of an episode where both were used.

No new posts 03-01-2010 19:55 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

Well, episode #1 would be an obvious choice, since it includes both, as does episode #65. Both are used in episode #12 as well, but the Tornado Fighter is made up of only Ken, Joe, and Ryu.

Assuming they don't need to be from the same episode, just the best looking examples, that changes things.

For the Firebird, I'd guess that you want an example where it is being used as on offensive weapon attacking and defeating an enemy. Surprisingly, there aren't as many of those as you might think. Many times, the Firebird was used as a defense against Gallactor attacks (Such as in episode #'s 34, 60, and 62), in a failed attack (#'s 22 and 67), or for something other than attacking a Gallactor mecha (#'s 1, 12, 22, 35, and 72). So, if you want it being used to attack a Gallactor mecha, your choices are few. You can choose from episode #'s 2, 13, 15, and 65. If you don't mind using the Firebird Shadow Separation, you can add in episode #'s 58 and 84. Of those, the Firebirds from episode #2 (Against the Turtle King head), 15 (Against Ice Kandar), 58 (Against Mecha Buttha), and 84 (Against Kanikiller and Archaeo) are probably the best bets for what you're after.

Sadly, the most visually spectacular use of the Firebird I can think of isn't from Gatchaman, but rather from Gatchaman II, specifically Gatchaman II #42 (Against Mecha-Flasher), but I'm guessing you want to stick with the first series.

For the Tornado Fighter, I'm going to guess that you want the version of it where all five members of the Ninja Team are present, not one of the ones where they used just a few of them (Like in episode #'s 6, 7, 12, and 29). For your 5 person Tornado Fighters, you can choose from episode #'s 1, 51, 54, 65, 70, 95, and 99. Of those, I would probably pass on the ones in episode #'s 54 and 99 -- #54 because of the weird lighting during the scene and #99 because it includes scenes of Joe in pain. Your best bets are probably the ones from episode #'s 1 (Against Gallctor troops inside Turtle King), 51 (Against Gallactor troops outside of Cateroller), or 95 (Against the Jupiter Ninjas). I'd lean toward the one from episode #95, just because it's the more visually superior of the three.

I'd avoid the Tornado Fighter from the second and third series, since it does not have the same team-standing-on-each-others-shoulders visual look to it.

I hope this helps!

James

No new posts 03-01-2010 21:37 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Duh, I can't believe I couldn't think of those. Brain cells must be on hiatus.

No new posts 04-01-2010 00:13 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Since James pointed out that there is a truly spectacular Firebird sequence in Gatchaman II, I'll add that in Gatchaman II there is also a 'two Firebirds' episode, when both the old and new God Phoenixes are using the maneuver at the same time.

I'll also point out that the Tornado Fighter in Gatchaman II and F was lame... lame lame lame lame lame... Did I say lame? But it was there, and different from the one in the original series.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 05-01-2010 at 17:14.
No new posts 05-01-2010 17:14 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Hi all!

Well, episode #1 would be an obvious choice, since it includes both, as does episode #65 . Both are used in episode #12 as well, but the Tornado Fighter is made up of only Ken, Joe, and Ryu.

Assuming they don't need to be from the same episode, just the best looking examples, that changes things.

For the Firebird, I'd guess that you want an example where it is being used as on offensive weapon attacking and defeating an enemy. Surprisingly, there aren't as many of those as you might think. Many times, the Firebird was used as a defense against Gallactor attacks (Such as in episode #'s 34 , 60 , and 62 ), in a failed attack (#'s 22 and 67 ), or for something other than attacking a Gallactor mecha (#'s 1 , 12 , 22 , 35 , and 72 ). So, if you want it being used to attack a Gallactor mecha, your choices are few. You can choose from episode #'s 2 , 13 , 15 , and 65 . If you don't mind using the Firebird Shadow Separation, you can add in episode #'s 58 and 84 . Of those, the Firebirds from episode #2 (Against the Turtle King head), 15 (Against Ice Kandar), 58 (Against Mecha Buttha), and 84 (Against Kanikiller and Archaeo) are probably the best bets for what you're after.

Sadly, the most visually spectacular use of the Firebird I can think of isn't from Gatchaman, but rather from Gatchaman II, specifically Gatchaman II #42 (Against Mecha-Flasher), but I'm guessing you want to stick with the first series.

Just put in some links to my thumbnail screencap pages for the episodes listed in James' post from above... I'll do the Tatsumaki Fighter links in a day or so...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Reboekah on 06-01-2010 at 23:27.
No new posts 06-01-2010 23:26 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer

Well I pretty much only have the original Gatchaman DVDs at my disposal anyway, so no trouble there. ^^

Was there any done with Joe in the lead? I know there's one later on with Joe in pain, but that's all I can recall. Just curious since he's the one that does it in TvC with either Jun or Ken. If not I'll probably just do the one with the whole team.

No new posts 07-01-2010 00:47 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Was there any done with Joe in the lead?

I assume you mean the Tornado Fighter. Joe was involved in all of the 5 person versions, of course, and he was in the 3 person one with Ken and Ryu in episode #12, but that was it.

quote:
I know there's one later on with Joe in pain, but that's all I can recall.

Which is one that I would avoid. For one thing, Joe was not in the "lead," as you put it. And having Joe in pain is not a standard example of the technique. For the purposes of what you're looking for, a basic 5 person version, like those I mentioned, are probably your best bet.

James

No new posts 07-01-2010 00:59 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: