Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Gatchaman Collections 6 & 7 DVD Sets
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Collections 6 & 7 DVD Sets
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gus gus is a Male
Just popping in

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 28-12-2009

spacer
Gatchaman Collections 6 & 7 DVD Sets Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I didn't see any discussion on this so thought I'd ask: is there any reason that the Gatchaman Collections 6 & 7 DVD box sets are extremely expensive ($100-200 each) while most of the other box sets in the series are much, much cheaper (under $20)? Looking across multiple sites this seems to be the pattern everywhere, although some sites have these out of stock for a lower list price.

Were 6 and 7 just produced in lower quantities and thus in high demand? Or is this a transient thing from a temporary shortage?

I need Collection 7 to complete my set, so was wondering if anyone had tips on where to get it cheaper if that's an option. Thanks in advance.

Gus

No new posts 28-12-2009 01:55 gus is offline Send an Email to gus Homepage of gus Search for Posts by gus Add gus to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've got the same problem and haven't been able to find the answer. Let me know if you find it in stock and affordable. I could see paying 40 or 50 dollars but not the 150 that it is being averaged at.

Ame

No new posts 28-12-2009 03:04 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Wow. I bought mine when they first came out. Can't imagine why they'd be so darned expensive.

BTW, Veoh dot com has 'Gatchaman' eps, also. I even spotted a couple from the second series. No, I don't know if they were fansubbed.

Hulu dot com has the OVA 'Gatch'.

No new posts 28-12-2009 03:36 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I thought at first those were the boxes that have Joe's illness and demise, which would explain a higher cost, but the set has 9 boxes, so that's not it.

No new posts 28-12-2009 14:03 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

I'm wondering if you were finding the ADV releases. ADV went out of business a few months ago, and my guess is that their releases are getting harder to find/obtain, which is raising the prices.

I though the discs were going completely out-of-print, but I just checked Right Stuf International and they have the collector box sets for about US$15 (unfortunately, it looks like # 6 & 7 are not available, however the individual collector's discs are currently in the "bargain bin" for $3 a pop. <Bargain bin - sigh!>). I also saw that they have the publisher as Section23 Films. I have no idea if Section 23 bought out ADV or if they somehow secured the rights, but that's who's listed (maybe James knows more about this and can help us out).

If anyone from outside the US is interested in purchasing from Right Stuf, be sure to read their international purchasing/shipping info. It's much different than US and a few of our international friends have not used them because of these policies.

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Hinotori on 29-12-2009 at 00:01.
No new posts 28-12-2009 23:53 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

Section 23 Films is the company that took over ADV's catalog and distribution. In many ways, Section 23 is little more than a shell game for what used to be ADV, allowing the company to restructure under a new name without the debt load that ADV had, and without ADV head honcho John Ledford. Most (If not all) of the top people at Section 23 Films are former ADV people doing the same jobs for a "new" company.

What does this mean for the ADV Gatchaman releases? Not much, since ADV's rights for Gatchaman had expired long ago, and the company had moved all of their backstock of the title at that time. Seeing Section 23 as the publisher for the ADV Gatchaman discs on the Right Stuf site means nothing more than Right Stuf having done a global site change for anything that was distributed by ADV to Section 23. Section 23 has not renewed the Gatchaman license, so don't expect a reissue of the discs from them.

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 29-12-2009 at 00:39.
No new posts 29-12-2009 00:37 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

And no chance of Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter being subbed and dubbed any time soon.

No new posts 29-12-2009 01:47 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
And no chance of Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter being subbed and dubbed any time soon.

I wouldn't say there's no chance, but I would say that you'd have better odds at winning the lottery or being struck by lightning.

James

No new posts 29-12-2009 02:59 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan

I wouldn't say there's no chance, but I would say that you'd have better odds at winning the lottery or being struck by lightning.

James

And I think that's the most optimistic view! But, who knows, maybe if the movie finally shows up, in a much regretted far future, perhaps it would stir up some activity and new interest over the originals!

No new posts 29-12-2009 07:36 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie
quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan

James

And I think that's the most optimistic view! But, who knows, maybe if the movie finally shows up, in a much regretted far future, perhaps it would stir up some activity and new interest over the originals!

That is what many of us keep hoping gatchamarie, but I think those hopes, for me anyways, have dwindled as well probably even more than the hope of seeing a Gatchaman movie appear.

No new posts 29-12-2009 21:24 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

It's the awful truth, CD! But, I still believe in miracles!

No new posts 30-12-2009 18:34 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie
It's the awful truth, CD! But, I still believe in miracles!

And I still believe in the miracle of Christmas and Santa Claus, so maybe one day it will appear.

No new posts 30-12-2009 22:17 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm not sure why those two particular discs seem to be popular. I hope you can find them soon!

No new posts 31-12-2009 19:37 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: