Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » gus
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page gus
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gus gus is a Male
Just popping in

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 28-12-2009

spacer
gus Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi, I just joined the forum and saw the Intro thread so thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Gus, and I'm from Seattle. I've been a fan of Gatchaman since watching BOTP when it first aired in the US. Over the years, I've picked up some Gatchaman toys, which my wife posted on her website: http://www.bobagirl.com/anime/gatchaman/gatchaman.html. I was in Tokyo a couple of weeks ago on shopping trip (my wife is into anime toys and Lilo & Stitch, so we go there now and then to look for stuff), and saw a lot of cool vintage Gatchaman items in various shops, so have been diligently watching the DVDs and dusting off the old toys. From perusing the forum, it looks really informative and full of great discussions, so thought I'd join. Thanks!

Gus

No new posts 28-12-2009 03:59 gus is offline Send an Email to gus Homepage of gus Search for Posts by gus Add gus to your Buddy List
FangJoker FangJoker is a Male

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-12-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi gus! Welcome to the forums. I myself am new here... technically, since I joined recently about a month ago. Feel free to roam around for info and friends!

No new posts 28-12-2009 05:26 FangJoker is offline Send an Email to FangJoker Search for Posts by FangJoker Add FangJoker to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the boards Gus Santa

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 28-12-2009 10:21 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Hi Gus! You picked the right crowd to join. We love anyone who loves out fave series!!! welcome welcome welcome

We're a fairly easy going crowd...occasionally we can be a bit Wobble but you know... Crazy2 but thats okay... after all they made the Condor into a Cyborg....none of that made a shred of sense...Heavy sigh.....getting outta here....

No new posts 28-12-2009 11:04 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Hi Gus. Welcome to the group. Its amazing how many of us there are.

No new posts 28-12-2009 13:54 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

welcome Gus! You've come to the right place if you're so into Gatch! Wow ... you're so fortunate to have had the opportunity of visiting Tokyo! LOL, although I've travelled a lot around the world I never have been able to visit Japan! That was ... and will always be my dream destination! For now we had to make a break in order to wait for our children to grow up ... I cannot wait much longer, though! I so like travelling!

No new posts 28-12-2009 15:19 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Welcome Gus!

You grew up on BOTP Hmmm? So did I. It is nice to have another member here. I am glad you have made your way to the board. Please feel free to peruse the site and leave your comments.

No new posts 28-12-2009 22:23 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Wave3 Hello and welcome, Gus! We're glad you've decided to join us! Though you may have wanted to wait to tell us you go to Tokyo to find anime toys. You're probably going to have a very long list the next time you go! Happy

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 28-12-2009 23:30 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Welcome.

Maybe we should do a survey: how many people saw BOTP first? Then ask how we went on to Gatchaman.

No new posts 29-12-2009 01:51 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
Maybe we should do a survey: how many people saw BOTP first? Then ask how we went on to Gatchaman.

Hee ... hee ... I only watched a few first episodes of BOTP in my childhood .... then I went straight to Gatchaman upon discovering it just a few episodes away on another channel! Instantly I've took the decision of choosing Gatchaman and, from that time onwards, I've never looked backwards! Great idea for a new thread, UW!

No new posts 29-12-2009 07:31 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
gus gus is a Male
Just popping in

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 28-12-2009

spacer
RE: gus Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the welcomes. Since I've been subjecting my wife to bazillion episodes of Gatchaman over the past couple of weeks, she posted her observations on her blog:

http://tikistitch.livejournal.com/1387795.html

I think she likes the show!

Gus

No new posts 01-01-2010 02:11 gus is offline Send an Email to gus Homepage of gus Search for Posts by gus Add gus to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

LOL

That about wraps up the entire series. You will have to thank your wife for such a good write up. I wonder how she would feel if you introduced her to BOTP and *ZARK*.Eek2

No new posts 01-01-2010 14:09 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Gus, that's a very astute -and hilarious- description of the series your wife has written! Laugh1

It's great that she shares your enjoyment of the show.

No new posts 01-01-2010 16:14 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Wow, Gus! What a good and hilarious summary your wife has written! Congratulate her for me!

No new posts 02-01-2010 09:04 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I love your wife's reviews! Hilarious! Be sure to recruit her to this forum- we'd love to have her with us!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 02-01-2010 16:11 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

AND their version of the mecha-Buddha episode. Who did those voices? Are any more in the making?

No new posts 04-01-2010 02:31 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Sorry for the late response, Gus! It's great to see you here, and I thank you for sharing your toys with us! We always love seeing Gatchaman merchandise! Big Grin

I hope you are enjoying yourself here!

No new posts 05-01-2010 17:05 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: