Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Snow!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Snow!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm leaving for Florida in a few hours and I can't wait. I'm betting the snow will still be here Saturday when we get back.

No new posts 22-12-2009 15:27 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

All our beautiful snow is gone. Frown It rained literally all day yesterday, and melted it all away. It was beautiful while it lasted (we had about 8" in my area of New Jersey. Not the big winner from the storm - the shore area got 24" or more!).

Now they're talking the possibility of another one over New Year's weekend (another Nor'easter - watch out Becky, Springie, and whoever else is along the North Atlantic coast!). But today is only Sunday, and they're talking about Friday, so we'll see what happens.

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 27-12-2009 17:11 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

The snow's still here, but we can see about 50% of our grass now.

Florida was wonderful, but we had to come home.Sad2

Hinatori - what do you mean, more snow? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No new posts 27-12-2009 17:28 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
yul yul is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Egoblosser.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-08-2006

spacer

Hmm, very strange climatic phenomenon, I suppose, it`s one of Galactor`s tricks.
I`m far from from home now, but they say that so much snow in my town last time was once in the 19th century.

Breathe in and breathe out

No new posts 27-12-2009 19:35 yul is offline Send an Email to yul Homepage of yul Search for Posts by yul Add yul to your Buddy List Add yul to your Contact List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I agree Yul there are some strange weather situations going on. In Britain they are having problems with snow storms and have no idea how to clear it so the transport trucks can drive on them, but maybe a few of our British friends can make more comments on this.

I am only reporting what I have heard from relatives in the South of England and my Grandmother who has moved to Scotland this fall and is experiencing her first large snow fall.

No new posts 27-12-2009 20:50 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

You have strange and freezing cold snow storms and we get VERY hot days!!! Its almost predictable.....

Right now its raining outside and a lot cooler for the first time in weeks!

No new posts 27-12-2009 22:32 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Such changes in climate are being felt all over the world! Seasons are showing up at their extremes ... very cold winters and very hot summers! Then there are those erratic instances during which hot weather, with temperatures above the normal occur during these cold winters and cold weather or heavy rain, with temperatures sometimes under the normal, occur during the hot summers. I recently heard that this is maybe due to the interchanging of the Earth's poles and, then, there's even the glasshouse effect that can be the culprit! The Mediterranean climate is getting so unpredictable! I can even distinguish the changes from way back when I was a child ... for example, I remember myself wearing long sleeves and warmer clothes from mid-September when I was younger, but now I'm still wearing summer clothes up till even the month of November!

No new posts 28-12-2009 14:59 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Well I hope you guys are all enjoying your snow! I spent too many years living through winters so I feel like I have my lfietime supply already. In California (at least, where we are) we don't get snow... and I love it! Big Grin

But we're still close enough to drive into the moutnains and play in it for a day, if we wish.

No new posts 31-12-2009 19:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: