Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » Noein
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Noein
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer
Noein Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Treated myself for Xmas. (no one else would.)

A little 25 ep series

Set in the lovingly recreated town of Hakodate, this is a tale of time travel. (takes pull at cider jug)

The post acoplyctic world of Lacryma is at war with Shangrila (as you guessed, Lacryma is a grotty place, while Shangrila is a nice place. However the the scriptwrioter manages to get us rooting for the Lacrymans in all their imperfect glory.)

In order to beat their enemies the Noein, the Dragon Knights (who all bear birdie monikers...) have devised time travel, to 15 years in the past, the current day town of Hakodate.

Where some of their 12 year old equivalents live...cue problems. Their mission is to secure an artifact called the Dragon Torque. (spits out cider, yes, this is the celtic word `torc` translated via japanese.........)

Unfortunatley this takes the form of the heroine, Haruka, Who wishes to enjoy her summer holidays and not be sacrificed to power some silly Lacryman weapon.

Oh, and shes the Hero Karasus (who suffers from permenently peed on cornflakes, by his expression, but if you had to go though the stuff he does, you would have a tormented face too) girlfriend of his childhood. (dealing with his younger version...now you know why Karasu has grey hair at 27) ...who does`not` survive to his timeline. He swears to protect her, even though it will destroy him.

Cue friction between Karasu and Yu, his younger, sissier, version.

This is a nice series, theres lots of kid play...but not too much to annoy, and lots of high powered fight scenes, but not enough to bore, also lots of quentum discourse, but not enough to require a degree to understand.

Yep, this also qualifies for the `farce and drama in equal measure` sticker. (how did the VA keep a straight face though the Lacyman mealtime scene??)

Its also delightful how people react to each other.

For instance, when Karasus injured badly in a fight, the first person Haruka calls upon for help is her school teacher (as you do) who takes things in her stride, and helps cover up for the other Dragon knights. (getting them lodging in Harukas house as enviromentalists studying bird migration who turned up suddenly on her doorstep and she hasnt room to accomodate was a prize scene.)

The actual time travel is pleasingly visualised, (involving winches) and a great plot hinge, especialy when they are recalled unexpectedly, particularly annoying when Karasus carrying Haruka at the time.

Ill find you some links if I have the time.

The musics good too.

BTW, Tobi is male.

No new posts 22-12-2009 11:00 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oooh, Tengu, you got me thinking I might like this series! Just a couple of questions, though.

1. Is the cider optional? I got a penchant for vodka and lemon, can I substitute?

2. Where might I find said series? Preferably in Australia... You have no idea the trouble I am having trying to find Gatchaman on region 4...

3. Who the heck is Tobi???

No new posts 22-12-2009 11:40 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

!. Take whatever you can carry. Lacryma is very short of clean water. (But as an Aussie you might like the food.)

2. No idea. I think its only region 1 and 2. (but region 2 to get the complete series you have to buy the box set.)

3. Tobi is one of those unfortunates who get saddled with a female VA in english.

No new posts 22-12-2009 13:43 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

http://www.noein.co.uk/trailer.html

This should be the link to the trailer. Ill find you some more stuff when Im not too busy

No new posts 22-12-2009 22:17 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: