Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Outsmarted by a Four Year Old
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Outsmarted by a Four Year Old
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
Anyone remember the juvenile 'superpredators' who were supposed to overwhelm us in the 1990s? They never appeared. The adolescents everyone feared were better-behaved than their parents.

I think that might be because they are all now on some variation of Mehtylphinadiate (sp?) or Lithium. Two of my children are in a highly successful district that does not tolerate non-conformity, and I've taught in a school that was basically a dumping ground for poor kids with no resources other than street drugs and 3/4 of the daily behaviors that were tolerated at the school would have never been at the schools my kids are at.

However, you are right about the parents; their precious little angels could never do anything wrong. And the media likes to sensationalize everything, which is why I screen my news and don't trust half of it.

No new posts 19-10-2009 02:15 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

SJ, thanks for that great post ... it has a lot of sense in it! The only thing I know is that us humans are creating a more stressful life as time passes! It's true that we have learnt more about what's good and what's bad in life but sometimes we tend to exagerate, creating a lot of fuss about things that normally may be left uncalculated ... and we see the difference going way back to our childhood to that of our kids today! Everything has become a trend and today's world pushes us to do the same thing that others do just to not let our children feel inferior! I admit that sometimes it's our fault! I like to handle things with my own logic, though, not taking for granted everything that I hear from other sources! Perhaps I might still retain some kind of integrity that we were grown up with!

No new posts 19-10-2009 05:32 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
ChildofSosai-x ChildofSosai-x is a Male
Just popping in

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2009

spacer

wow cool!!!!!!!
n I remember that in VH1 (yes i like I love the 80's and the 90's) that gen -x was the progeny of baby boomers and would grow to be non conformist slackers or angry anarchists... reflection seen n grunge rock and the apathetic cynicism...
then trendies and then the bubble era popped up suddenly and people enjoyed technology and now we have technosexuals and metrosexuals. 0.0.
So by the media reports , family accounts I agree with the article. nice you showed them Big Grin

sadly...
In respect with my homeland its a different story. Specialy because of the cultural differences.
I am sad to mention in my college profesors constantly urge students to rally, ravage and revolt, and some do...
I had the chance to enter college again at 30
and noticed how technology obsessed kids were, and they were more worried as a whole about smash brothers
and the latest ipod than revolting, as a weird contrast, some kids, STILL joined constant protests and even hit police officers...

I wish more kids here were nicer. I guess it all changes per cultural differences, we have a strange middle ground. I personaly enjoy order and organization, dpesite the lack of it in my thought process.

I think some of the blame is in some college profesors here (in almost every class non conformism and angst were expresed by professors against authority figures, and when students DID, and it was against them, chaos followed confusing the poor kids, do as I say not as I do)
We have suffered about 3 college campus strikes by unions, teachers , staff, students, this year) school desertion has increased, yet they know ALLOT,
in anear by island desertion is a norm, they dont finish past 9th grade or so.

I dont know about American averages though

sorry for the long post , I will try to organize it next time.

No new posts 20-10-2009 01:12 ChildofSosai-x is offline Send an Email to ChildofSosai-x Homepage of ChildofSosai-x Search for Posts by ChildofSosai-x Add ChildofSosai-x to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie
SJ, thanks for that great post ... it has a lot of sense in it! The only thing I know is that us humans are creating a more stressful life as time passes! It's true that we have learnt more about what's good and what's bad in life but sometimes we tend to exagerate, creating a lot of fuss about things that normally may be left uncalculated ... and we see the difference going way back to our childhood to that of our kids today! Everything has become a trend and today's world pushes us to do the same thing that others do just to not let our children feel inferior! I admit that sometimes it's our fault! I like to handle things with my own logic, though, not taking for granted everything that I hear from other sources! Perhaps I might still retain some kind of integrity that we were grown up with!

I think thats why I like taking my kids up to farm, just so they see that despite all the things the world expects of them, some things life are as they are for good reason. We don't all live the same nor think the same and thats good too, we need contrasts at times to see if we're on the right track or not.

No new posts 20-10-2009 02:58 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
I think thats why I like taking my kids up to farm

Those are just the simple things that our kids will remember when they grow up!

No new posts 20-10-2009 06:36 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I understand what you are saying, Ebony. i like to travel with my kids for the same reason: to show them that things aren't the same everywhere, and that everyone does things in a different way, and things we take for granted aren't always there.

No new posts 20-10-2009 12:10 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Its very accurate we spend most of our time living in fear. My son is 21 and I still worry because of the gang culture runningthe streets. I now have more reason to worry as I am pregnant and have to say am concerned about what sort of place my baby will be born in to.

No new posts 23-10-2009 14:35 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Congratulations, Firebird!

It's true, we, as parents, live our lives in fear of what might happen to our children or what our children could become ... I just grip to the idea that my husband and I try to give the best background to our children that hopefully would reveal itself into a steady pedament for their future. As they grow up their life is theirs to live and it will be all up to them but, at least, for now, I'll rest my mind thinking that I'm doing the best that I can! Be always there for your children ... that's my motto ... finally, they'll know to whom they'll turn to when in need.

No new posts 23-10-2009 15:00 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

FB, Should I be saying congratulations?

animepompom animepompombaby2 baby2

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 23-10-2009 at 15:23.
No new posts 23-10-2009 15:23 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Wow, congratulations, FB! cheerleader2 Animeparty

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 23-10-2009 at 15:31.
No new posts 23-10-2009 15:31 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Congrats, FB! When can we expect the little Eagle,(or Condor, Swallow, Owl) or Swan to arrive?

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 23-10-2009 20:09 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Oh wonderful news, FB. Congrats!!

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 23-10-2009 21:27 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

not due until May and its been a hard time getting, DH and I are over the moon. I just need to watch out for Sj's 4 yr old tricks now lol
Thank you all Huggles

No new posts 24-10-2009 14:55 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

May isn't that far away. You'll be surprised at how quickly it goes. Congratulations! Huggles

Pssst... Boden babywear is awesome. Wink

No new posts 24-10-2009 16:34 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Congrats FB.... Huggles

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 24-10-2009 17:00 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

What exciting news! Congratulations, FB!! Animeparty

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 25-10-2009 20:04 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

That's wonderful news for you and your husband, Firebird! Cheers

No new posts 26-10-2009 13:32 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: