Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » From the creators of Robot Chicken: Titan Maximum
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page From the creators of Robot Chicken: Titan Maximum
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer
From the creators of Robot Chicken: Titan Maximum Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

So this premiered last night on Adult Swim, and just watched it earlier.

Quite hilarious! Unlike Robot CHicken which is a sketch compilation show, Titan Maximum is actually a story driven satire on a lot of classic Super Robot/Power Ranger series.

Aside from the well written humor, there was one bit that caught my eye. See if you can spot it.

As I saw someone else describe it, it's really like a Mature version of Megas XLR.

Adult Swim's got video (sadly US only :/)
http://www.adultswim.com/shows/titanmaxi...page.html#video

Starwars.com has got a cool interview with heCast and Crew and Matt Senreich confirms he's a big fan of BotP, could be where that little reference comes from.

http://www.starwars.com/fans/rocks/20090925.html?page=1

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cain Highwind on 28-09-2009 at 21:40.
No new posts 28-09-2009 21:38 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It took me a moment, but I believe I've spotted it!

I just watched the first clip -you can definitely see how Gatchaman influenced this, or really, influenced the shows that then influenced this -team of five, vehicles that join together form a larger one etc...

No new posts 28-09-2009 22:49 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I guess I'm sad, because I noticed the Gatch bit right away in that shot... thanks for keeping the cable-less among us updated, Cain! Thanks

No new posts 29-09-2009 00:43 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

I was watching adult swim last night (since sleep kept eluding me) that show can be very satiric, I loved it. Laugh2

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 29-09-2009 19:37 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

I think I must be either blind or brain-dead as the only one I saw that was direct was the one in the screen-cap.

No new posts 30-09-2009 17:39 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amethyst
I think I must be either blind or brain-dead as the only one I saw that was direct was the one in the screen-cap.

That's what I was going for Smile

No new posts 30-09-2009 18:26 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Cool, now I don't feel quite so bad.

No new posts 30-09-2009 18:36 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I noticed the one on the screen cap right away...haven't had a chance to watch the vid yet, though...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 30-09-2009 19:27 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: