Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Eagle/Swan Love
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (64): « first ...  « previous  61  62  [63]  64  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Eagle/Swan Love
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

well that makes my decision for me take Japanese lessons over italian

No new posts 15-09-2009 04:54 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Reading through the latest threads full of love, sentiment and emotions I was inspired with poetry (sometimes, yes, I tend to be more romantic, malinconic and deep in thoughts than other days due to what is happening around me and I seek to express myself in writing or even sending a message to a relative or friend!). I thought of a poem that I composed some fourteen years ago and I somewhat related it to this thread pretending that it's been written by Jun expressing her emotions! Hope I'm not annoying you but I wished to share the following Shakespearean sonnet with you. It's timing is also good as it is related to the change of seasons when autumn is just behind the door:

SEASONAL HEARTBEATS

The Summer sun's rays have reached my heart ... 'twas love,
my breath engulfed by havoc play of heat
cooled by the first Autumn showers from above,
teardrops proving the existence of cheat.

Against Winter chill there's a coat and a glove,
but my now cold heart no warmth could it meet
'til peace filled the air with the grace of a dove
and Springtime blossom forgetting defeat.

As time passes by, the cycle repeating,
my heart remains blind under love's domain
though many a pain it keeps on receiving.

And yet it keeps on beating without an aim
for a man whose love's worth going insane
when giving or taking is only a game.

"""

... I just hope that at the end this cycle was truncated with a happy ending between Jun and Ken!

No new posts 15-09-2009 10:51 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

That's wonderful, Marie! You wrote that yourself? Bowdown

No new posts 15-09-2009 12:33 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes, TJ! I was going through a rough sentimental period during that time! I'm glad that you like it!

No new posts 15-09-2009 17:09 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

So poetic! And it goes so well with the rainy autumn weather outside my window. Congratulations Marie! It's truly a beautiful poem!

No new posts 15-09-2009 19:04 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks, Amy!Thanks

No new posts 16-09-2009 04:26 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Wow, Gatchamarie! You are so talented! That is a lovely poem!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 16-09-2009 09:21 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

That fantiastic Gatchamarie, i could feel her longing for him as I read it.

No new posts 16-09-2009 10:15 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Blushing Thanks to all!

No new posts 16-09-2009 15:30 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer
So poetic! And it goes so well with the rainy autumn weather outside my window.

Funny, I just got an email from my father (who is currently in Romania) and he too said it's been raining some. Should you happen to come across a Canadian tourist in his 70s with a grey beard and bushy eyebrows -that's him!

No new posts 16-09-2009 15:44 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Gatchamarie, your poem is lovely! Such well-crafted imagery! I had to compose some sonnets for a 16th C literature class many years ago, and my results were far less successful -it's not an easy form to use.

No new posts 16-09-2009 15:47 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

I really like you poem Marie

No new posts 16-09-2009 16:46 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:

Funny, I just got an email from my father (who is currently in Romania) and he too said it's been raining some. Should you happen to come across a Canadian tourist in his 70s with a grey beard and bushy eyebrows -that's him!

It would be awsome to run into you dad here. The a rainy weather here, but I hope he'll catch sunny days. Where in Romania is he?

No new posts 16-09-2009 17:41 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Blushing Blushing Blushing Thanks again to all!

quote:
I had to compose some sonnets for a 16th C literature class many years ago, and my results were far less successful -it's not an easy form to use.

In fact it's not at all easy and I don't recall how much time I spend exactly on one sonnet (not that I wrote so many!) but, believe me ... I take long , especially in a foreign language! The fact is that, with this type of poem, you're restricted to an exact number of syllables per line and an exact number of lines per verse thus you have to put in all you come up with within these limits!

LB, I'm sure that your work was excellent knowing how much of a talented person you are from what I see and read! Wink1

No new posts 16-09-2009 17:53 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:
quote:

It would be awsome to run into you dad here. The a rainy weather here, but I hope he'll catch sunny days. Where in Romania is he?

He said that he'd been wading in the Black Sea. I'm guessing that he was near the mouth of the Danube as he came to Romania on a boat down that river from Vienna. He said that he was going to Bucharest for two days tomorrow and then taking a train to Belgrade.

No new posts 17-09-2009 01:31 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie
Blushing Blushing Blushing Thanks again to all!

quote:
I had to compose some sonnets for a 16th C literature class many years ago, and my results were far less successful -it's not an easy form to use.

In fact it's not at all easy and I don't recall how much time I spend exactly on one sonnet (not that I wrote so many!) but, believe me ... I take long , especially in a foreign language! The fact is that, with this type of poem, you're restricted to an exact number of syllables per line and an exact number of lines per verse thus you have to put in all you come up with within these limits!

LB, I'm sure that your work was excellent knowing how much of a talented person you are from what I see and read! Wink1

Thanks! If I recall, I got a decent grade on the paper, but I was just imitating Shakespeare's themes (the poet/young man/dark lady triangle) and not trying to come up with ideas of my own. I think poetry is the hardest thing to write, even in my own language!

No new posts 17-09-2009 02:18 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
I think poetry is the hardest thing to write, even in my own language!

Funny. I write easier in a foreign language. It's a good exercise to improve your linguistic understandig and I always feel odd when stumbling across a Romanian fanfiction on FF.Net!

No new posts 17-09-2009 16:39 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

I learned written Spanish easier than spoken. I think it is because when you read or write you are naturally thinking and when speaking when sometimes speak before we think. I can read better in Spanish than I can speak it or understand it when spoken, far beyond my education level in the language.

No new posts 17-09-2009 21:37 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Gatchamarie, that poem causes me to view every season as each has it's turn... WTG!

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 19-09-2009 01:42 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

gatchamarie your sonnet is so beautiful. As others have said, that is a very tricky form and you mastered it. The imagery is outstanding and relevant and while the form is old, the sentiment is unaging. I'd love to see more poetry of yours.

No new posts 19-09-2009 16:26 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
« first ...  « previous  61  62  [63]  64  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (64): « first ...  « previous  61  62  [63]  64  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: