Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Resemblance
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Resemblance
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Resemblance Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Having lately been talking about resemblances between villians in another thread, the following pic of another series came to my mind! I don't know if this was ever discussed in this site, and I'm not talking about villians now, but do you see any resemblance to someone we know well here?!!!!

No new posts 11-09-2009 06:46 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Eh, he looks to dumb to be a villain.

No new posts 11-09-2009 08:58 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

If Ken had a younger brother though, that'd be him.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 11-09-2009 09:28 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

He definitely looks like a younger brother for Ken! Who is he?

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 11-09-2009 10:15 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer
Eh, he looks to dumb to be a villain.

Rofl He does, doesn't he? He's surely not a villain!

I'm waiting for more comments and I'm sure that someone knows who he is also (James for sure!)! He transforms himself into the following not-dumb-anymore hero and is also a character of Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

I agree with the Ken's younger brother idea!

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by gatchamarie on 11-09-2009 at 10:31.
No new posts 11-09-2009 10:22 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Ever wondered what Ken would look like blonde? And no, I'm not talking about the Gatch F episode where they dressed up as hippies. I mean really Ken, amd actually blonde. If so, check out this Yatterman shot...

No new posts 11-09-2009 13:14 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Or maybe RI had a lot of siblings running around!

No new posts 11-09-2009 14:22 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie

Perish the thought! Eek5

No new posts 11-09-2009 19:37 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:

Well we do know he has at least one other son. Or is that not canon?

No new posts 11-09-2009 21:43 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
RE: Resemblance Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Having lately been talking about resemblances between villians in another thread, the following pic of another series came to my mind! I don't know if this was ever discussed in this site, and I'm not talking about villians now, but do you see any resemblance to someone we know well here?!!!!

His eyes are the same as Ken's! And the dark hair makes it stand out more!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 11-09-2009 at 21:47.
No new posts 11-09-2009 21:46 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer

Well if we're talking about resemblances, I wasn't sure if I should've brought it up in the other topic.

But in Final Fantasy V, Amano of all people designed a villain called "Halicarnassus"

The funny thing is she actually disguises herself as a damsel of distress later ambushing the party. Very Katse-esque if you ask me.

No new posts 11-09-2009 23:09 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

She looks very Gel Sadra to me!!!!

No new posts 12-09-2009 00:41 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Well we do know he has at least one other son. Or is that not canon?

That's in Battle of the Planets, not Gatchaman. So, while it is canon, it's not Gatchaman canon.

Still, yes, Tetsuya does look a lot like Ken. And yes, I do know who he is.

Actually, if you look at the lead male charactrers from all of Tatsunoko's Tatsuo Yoshida-era action and hero shows, you'll see that they all look somewhat alike. Just look and compare for yourself:

Go Mifune (Mach GoGoGo, 1967)

Sanshiro (Kurenai Sanshiro, 1969)

Ken (Gatchaman, 1972)

Tetsuya Azuma (Casshan, 1973)

He's only Tetsuya in the first episode, before he transfers his mind into a mechanical body and becomes Casshan

Takeshi Yoroi (Hurricane Polymer, 1974)

Joji Minami (Tekkaman, 1975)

Go Tsunami (Gowapper 5 Godam, 1976)

As you can easily see, the Tatsunoko art style as established by Tatsuo Yoshida had the main characters look very similar. This is something that has been noted, and occasionally made fun of, by Tatsunoko fans for many years. This look actually predates Tatsunoko's animation work, and can be found in many of Tatsuo Yoshida and Ippei Kuri's comics from the 1950s and 1960s. Here are a few examples:

Iron Arm Rikiya (Tatsuo Yoshida's debut work, 1954)

Rampaging Tengu (Ippei Kuri's debut work, 1956)

Undersea Man 8823 (Ippei Kuri, 1960)

Mach Sanshiro (Ippei Kuri, 1960)

Pilot Ace (Tatsuo Yoshida, 1960)

Judo Boy (Ippei Kuri, 1961)

Directive 000 (Ippei Kuri, 1961)

Champion Futoshi (Tatsuo Yoshida, 1962)

Oath of the Sky (Ippei Kuri, 1962)

Malayan White Tiger Team (Ippei Kuri, 1963)

Ninja Squad Gekko (Tatsuo Yoshida, 1963)

Ozora Sanshiro (Tatsuo Yoshida, 1963)

The main female leads in their series of this time period don't look quite so similar, but if you look at them, you will notice certain trends that flows through all of them.

Mitchi Shimura (Mach GoGoGo)

Jun (Gatchaman)

Luna Kozuki

Teru Nanba (Hurricane Polymer)

Hiromi Amachi (Tekkaman)

Yoko Misaki (Gowapper 5 Godam)

Notice a trend?

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 12-09-2009 at 01:25.
No new posts 12-09-2009 01:22 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Interesting examples.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 12-09-2009 01:32 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm missing the trend in the female examples, unless you mean the general anime style of big eyes and small noses? And of course, that one dress that was similar to Jun's...

No new posts 12-09-2009 02:51 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

There is also the fact they all have pink on the clothes or to take it a little further the combination of pink/white/red though not necessarily all three

No new posts 12-09-2009 03:45 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I also noticed the same kind of lips in the females!

Thanks James! That was quite an illustration!

As was confirmed by James, the first picture I sent was Tetsuya (Casshan). I always thought he seemed a lot like Ken because of his eyes and hair ... and even the other Tatsunoko's heroes! Take away their hair and there he almost is! (though the Eagle is always the Eagle for me!)

No new posts 12-09-2009 10:50 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Ever wondered what Ken would look like blonde? And no, I'm not talking about the Gatch F episode where they dressed up as hippies. I mean really Ken, amd actually blonde. If so, check out this Yatterman shot...

I couldn't resist....

No new posts 12-09-2009 14:39 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan

Still, yes, Tetsuya does look a lot like Ken. And yes, I do know who he is.

Actually, if you look at the lead male charactrers from all of Tatsunoko's Tatsuo Yoshida-era action and hero shows, you'll see that they all look somewhat alike. Just look and compare for yourself:

Thanks for these images, James! They really reveal some prevailing trends in how they drew many characters.

Tetsuya, I think, resembles Ken most closely. Granted, Ken is good looking, so if other characters ended up resembling him, I won't complain!

Looking at all the female characters, they do all seem to have the large eyes, small noses, and small mouths that have since become the standard in so much anime!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 12-09-2009 at 14:49.
No new posts 12-09-2009 14:49 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88

I couldn't resist....

ROFL 2

No new posts 12-09-2009 15:25 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: