Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchaman Episode 42: “The Great Breakout Trick Operation”
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Episode 42: “The Great Breakout Trick Operation”
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
And in Gatch II's episode 3, Galactor was using convicts as soldiers then too, weren't they?

You're right! I almost forgot about that! Except they were brainwashed or something, by their helmets...

No new posts 28-08-2009 14:32 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
I don't think we ever saw an ordinary goon who wanted to leave. Granted, if any tried, they were probably about as successful as Joe's parents and doomed female love-interests!

Well, there was the guy who became 'G6' for an episode. He wanted to leave Galactor. And I know there were a few other people who snuck out of Galactor with secret documents... usually to be killed quickly.

No new posts 28-08-2009 14:33 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Springie had a great cartoon from this ep...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 28-08-2009 at 14:39.
No new posts 28-08-2009 14:38 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Ah, I guess I missed out then. If I ever get back there, I will check it out. The day that I could have gone there, I opted instead to go to the Muir Woods and look at giant redwood trees.

Those redwood trees are awesome! I had the privilege to visit those woods also! Well we couldn't miss a thing after travelling so far away from our country! It was a lovely experience and I encourage you to visit Alcatraz some day cause it's surely worth visiting and the view of San Francisco from there is breathtaking!

No new posts 28-08-2009 15:15 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Gatchamarie, I have to agree the best part of Alcatraz is the view and the trip to and from. The some of most interesting parts of the prison aren't shown on the traditional tours (I really wanted to see evidence of the Native American protest and the supposed damage, but it was barely touched on). It is well worth the trip, but if you are more of a nature buff than a history or prison buff, then I'd recommend Angel Island.

Also, I'm wondering how Jun would have done in her shot at piloting if she had to do something other than keep the GP in the air. The plot was more focused on what was going on inside the mecha than GP. I'm wondering if maybe Jinpie was teasing her while we were watching the others get tossed around.

No new posts 28-08-2009 18:11 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Actually, Jun also had to fly the God Phoenix underneath the wing of the mecha and hide beneath it while landing. I'd say that tales some piloting talent! My husband (who is a licensed pilot) always says that landing is by far the most difficult part of flying, with the most potential for error.

No new posts 28-08-2009 18:28 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
Yes, they really do stick it to Ken in this episode, don't they? Now, in episode 26, I can buy that Joe might not be a great God Phoenix pilot, as race cars are his specialty, but Ken is a skilled pilot! Yes, the God Phoenix is a lot bigger than his G-1, but still...

But it had all of those unwieldy extra pieces on it, which made it difficult to fly. Wink

That is what I was trying to say, just in a lot more words.

No new posts 28-08-2009 20:31 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

quote:
quote:
Heh, I'd like to think she has no interest in an actual Galactor captain, but I think a darker, edgier look for Ken would be hot, and I could well believe that Jun might enjoy a "slightly wicked" Ken...

Oh my... now there's a fic idea.... Devil1

Question is who will write it hmm?

No new posts 29-08-2009 22:16 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

quote:
Springie had a great cartoon from this ep...

lol well you do have to agree with that comment

No new posts 29-08-2009 22:17 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

I think this is another one that will end up out of order when I reach the BotP episode.

No new posts 27-04-2010 14:15 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
condorcandi condorcandi is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-06-2010

spacer

I do like how Ken looks in those pants. Ken as Condor. :evilgrin:

G-1 would have had to train in flying the Phoenix before the team went on duty, and he -and everyone else- probably does enough training to 'keep their hand in', but when you add together a plane that's not his primary vehicle, the cruddy aerodynamics of the camouflage, and that the Eagle usually sits in the co-pilot's chair, not the pilot's, it adds up to a potential mess.

In the early 1970's, capital punishment was banned in the United States (for a few years). Books referring to the ban often interchange 'abolish' and 'moratorium'. (Authors who need to learn dictionaries are useful.) This might explain the inconsistencies over the differeing episodes of Gatch: If the matter of the death penalty is still being fought out in the world courts of Utoland's world, it could be that the Jinjin prisoners could be sent to the chair if the decision is eventually decided to revive the death penalty

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_the_United_States

Hollywood is a land of money and cowardice.

-Henry A. Lee, Cracked.com columnist

No new posts 13-06-2010 07:29 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: